whos applying 457 now applying for pr x

Old Dec 2nd 2008, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile whos applying 457 now applying for pr x

hi guys

As some of you know i started a little thread called the whos applying for a 457 thread ,back in june/july 2007

when i was applying for my 457 -

as we will be applying for pr next year i thought i would start another thread for us who are on 457 now but will be applying for pr either employer sponsered or doing the independent route in 2009.

As some of you know or hopefully know the 457 thread was a really good way for some of us to share our experiences and to talk about our visa so hopefully this new thread will be sort of the same

love
Tiff aka hitchcock71
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: whos applying 457 now applying for pr x

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
hi guys

As some of you know i started a little thread called the whos applying for a 457 thread ,back in june/july 2007

when i was applying for my 457 -

as we will be applying for pr next year i thought i would start another thread for us who are on 457 now but will be applying for pr either employer sponsered or doing the independent route in 2009.

As some of you know or hopefully know the 457 thread was a really good way for some of us to share our experiences and to talk about our visa so hopefully this new thread will be sort of the same

love
Tiff aka hitchcock71
Hi - you did it!

I'll join you

Saga so far for those who don't know me

Nov 2007 arrived in Oz on 1 year 457 lock stock and container!
May 2008 Employer agreed to sponsor - Changed mind several times about whether they wanted to do ENS or RSMS
July 2008 RSMS agreed. Employer began getting paperwork together. Expected to take 2 weeks.
Oct 2008 Emergency renewal of 457 as they'd still not sorted the paperwork despite many promises and pleas from us etc
Dec 2008 Still waiting to submit to RCB for RSMS.......
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Good thread to start.

Here is my story

Was in a relationship for 8 years that went tits up so I packed in my very good job handed back my company car and sold my house.

Left home October 2004 with a round the world ticket. Did the whole Thailand, Vietnam, Laos & Cambodia trip via Singapore/Malaysia

Arrived in Australia Dec 2004 armed with a 417 WH visa and $25000 in the bank.

Was on holiday mode for about 4 months and then 3 months of casual work.

In the meantime out of curiosity I applied for a few jobs and was sponsorship with three different companies, applied for a 457 and was granted Aug 2005.

Have now Australian girlfriend and am pretty happy here.

Applied for 175 Nov 2008.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Safin
Hi - you did it! you knew i would!!!

I'll join you

Saga so far for those who don't know me

Nov 2007 arrived in Oz on 1 year 457 lock stock and container!
May 2008 Employer agreed to sponsor - Changed mind several times about whether they wanted to do ENS or RSMS
July 2008 RSMS agreed. Employer began getting paperwork together. Expected to take 2 weeks.
Oct 2008 Emergency renewal of 457 as they'd still not sorted the paperwork despite many promises and pleas from us etc
Dec 2008 Still waiting to submit to RCB for RSMS.......
xxxx
Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
Good thread to start.

Here is my story

Was in a relationship for 8 years that went tits up so I packed in my very good job handed back my company car and sold my house.

Left home October 2004 with a round the world ticket. Did the whole Thailand, Vietnam, Laos & Cambodia trip via Singapore/Malaysia

Arrived in Australia Dec 2004 armed with a 417 WH visa and $25000 in the bank.

Was on holiday mode for about 4 months and then 3 months of casual work.

In the meantime out of curiosity I applied for a few jobs and was sponsorship with three different companies, applied for a 457 and was granted Aug 2005.

Have now Australian girlfriend and am pretty happy here.

Applied for 175 Nov 2008.
welcome to the thread x
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

You just wanna be OP of another long thread
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

You just wanna be OP of another long thread
never thought the 457 would end up being so big

but heres to another little thread ...............

and lots of we got the visa

xxx
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

guiguioz is an unknown quantity at this point

hey guys!
currently already in Australia with a 457 visa...
applied for PR (175) in early July 08
still waiting...
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 12:38 am
Just Joined

sandy_glasgow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
xxxx

welcome to the thread x
Hi guys,
I'm currently on a 457 and intend to apply for a 175 in November next year as that is the only month I will meet the 120 points requirements.
Until then, I will just need to keep my fingers crossed that DIAC do not change their points allocation for anything. Recent news that the immigration department is considering reducing the number of migrant for next year also worries me a bit. Does anyone think it is possible that they will increase the points threshold to cut down applications in line with their reduction in PR visas?
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

always possible. Do you not have the option of employer sponsored or state sponsored?
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

I'm here on a 457 visa. My employer won't support me for PR, so I'm doing it the independent route.

I applied for the 175 in October. Can't wait to get out this place. Most of the prospective employers I've been talking to all want PR.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 2:27 am
Just Joined

sandy_glasgow is an unknown quantity at this point

always possible. Do you not have the option of employer sponsored or state sponsored?

I work in a university on a long-term contract, and there seems to be too many levels of bureaucracy for them to sponsor me because my job is not permanent. I am a researcher in science with quite good CV (in terms of research output), but I don't think any of the states want people like me But to be fair to them, DIAC did fast track my 457 application.

In applying for 175 visa though, your previous achievements seem to count little, if anything. You are in only if you tick all the right boxes on their checklist.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 2:56 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

My story

Early 2002

Was in UK and applied for an advertised job to work for a global company with a position in Australia. Long drawn out interview process (by phone and video conference) then now word for some months. Finally got an offer and went through 457 Visa process (at that time they also owned what is now Fragomen the visa company people) with ususla medicals etc. Sold house etc and arrived in Australia December 2002. Received LAFHA

July 2004

Fancied a change so applied for another job. Told them I needed a visa and that I wanted a salary whihc would make up for loss of LAFHA (i.e. about $25k more gross). They agreed and promised to sponsor for PR. THe agent they used recommended 457 forst (for speed) so had PR written into my contract. More meidcals. Intended to apply after 12 months for PR with that employer.

June 2005

Government announces intention to privatise my company. I ask employer to do the PR thing, company is very reasonable but given privatisation the Comapny Secretary can't relaistically provide commitment that the job is for 3 years (as I believe Employer Sponsorship requires). Company instead offers to pay for me to do PR under my own steam. They appoint another (different) agent. He recommends applying as "General Manager" as I have no particualr professional skills (e.g. accountant) to match other possible ways in. VETASSESS knocks that back, as my prior experience as "management consultant" does not count. I essentially do not have enough points under my own steam.

Late 2006

Company finally approaching privatisation. I had been working on that very closely and had the ability to make my role one that would be redundant. My contract states I get paid 6 months if made redundant so I am very keen to make that happen. Of course my 457 visa means if that happen I have 28 days to find a job and I know that it will take much longer than that to get new job with employer happy to go through visa process. I find employer who wants me and will sponsor for PR. I tell my current employer. HR General Manager not at all happy to pay redundancy since I have a job offer and comes up with some nonsense tax related issue to prevent it from happening. My own General Manager fights HR General Manager and gets company to pay for independent legal advice which refutes his claim.

December 2006

Now have undertaken another 457, and more meds, for next employer. Current employer sorts out their internal differneces and pays me 6 months pay as redundancy, before the privatisation has even occurred. I leave go to new employer and immediately consult to a potential buyer of my former company.

Feb 2007

Decide to get my PR application underwayas my meds I did bak in November 2006 included bloods so have 12 month validity. My current employer has never done PR beofre so has to go through long process to be allowed to do so. My meds lapse. I am still gathering my own evidence etc which takes huge amount of time.

Early 2008

Application nearly ready so do more meds (Done 4 now) and application finally goes as Employer Nominated PR in APril 2008

October 2008

After nealry six years on 457 with three different employers, 4 rounds of medicals in total, one redundancy I finally get PR.

October 2009

Intend to be a citizen as 3 of my prior 6 years in Australia count under the new rules towards the 4 years in Aus test.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Sponsored by WA education 457.
We are loving WA and so are kids. We are here to stay.

Arrived here on - July 2nd 07.

Det nominate us for ENS - May 2009

We should be doing online ENS - July 2009

ENS permanent visa hopefully through back end of 2009.

Gems
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondering if anyone has or is applying for PR after being on a regional 457 visa?
Theoreticaly it is possible after a year on a rsms visa, but I haven't seen anyone at all who has done it.
Thanks
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Just wondering if anyone has or is applying for PR after being on a regional 457 visa?
Theoreticaly it is possible after a year on a rsms visa, but I haven't seen anyone at all who has done it.
Thanks
there is no such thing as a regional 457, and rsms is a PR visa...so I am a bit confused what you are asking.

My best guess is that you mean a SIR 475 visa which requires two years of complying with conditions in order to apply for PR (887 I think off hand)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.