whos applying 457 now applying for pr x

Old Dec 28th 2008, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: `

Originally Posted by Radlam
Thanks for the reply,

I have tried to get them to go for a PR straight off, but I am not sure I want to be tied to the same company for 2 years. I think I will go for the 457 with this company, then once that is granted, apply for the 175 before I leave the UK. Then as soon as that gets granted I will make a short journey to NZ to get it validated.

I presume I can keep track of all the visa progress and any requests from them if I submit an online application? Will I also be able to get all my police checks and medicals whilst I am in OZ?
Yes online should see you right for visa progress etc
Yes just post from here (forms available online) - though I think you need police thing certifying by someone who's known you 2 yrs etc so maybe arrange that before you leave? Or have an agreement to send the paperwork to them and they send it on to police if its someone you trust.
Meds can be done here.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 12:56 pm
Outback Club Member

Paddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant future
Default Re: whos applying 457 now applying for pr x

I am coming out on a 457 and want to apply for PR immediately through the ENS route. They seem happy to do so but could not wait the length of time for PR (told 9 months for PR but 6 weeks for 457).

Seems a little crazy that PR takes so much longer considering pretty much the same paperwork is completed.

My biggest fear is not getting the PR as I am leaving a lot behind in the UK.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Radlam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paddy_M
I am coming out on a 457 and want to apply for PR immediately through the ENS route. They seem happy to do so but could not wait the length of time for PR (told 9 months for PR but 6 weeks for 457).

Seems a little crazy that PR takes so much longer considering pretty much the same paperwork is completed.

My biggest fear is not getting the PR as I am leaving a lot behind in the UK.
Yeah I know that feeling, but its a chance I think im willing to take!

I have also just noted that my job (Air Con engineer) is on the new CSL, so I am hoping I will have no probs getting granted PR. If it fails though, 4 years in OZ and coming back here to try again is better than no OZ at all
Old Dec 28th 2008, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Radlam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: `

Originally Posted by Safin
Yes online should see you right for visa progress etc
Yes just post from here (forms available online) - though I think you need police thing certifying by someone who's known you 2 yrs etc so maybe arrange that before you leave? Or have an agreement to send the paperwork to them and they send it on to police if its someone you trust.
Meds can be done here.
Yeah I have someone lined up for that, its a family friend so I can get it posted to my parents address, who will pass it over for signing and then get them to either post it to me or direct to the police depending on where it needs to go.

Thanks for the advice, really helped me out and made my decision on which route to go down.

There are so many pro's and con's to each visa that it has taken me a while, but I reckon 457 first, then 175 once the 457 is granted and then take the 175 as soon as it gets granted to validate it. Then hopefully by that stage I will have scoped out my job options over there to see if there is anything better than the sponsorship I will be in.

Rick
Old Jan 12th 2009, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

Hey Hitchcock how are you settling in to life in Oz?

We've been in Perth since Feb last year and are now starting the path to PR through a 175. Ive sent off my Skills Assessment application today and hoping for a positive result so we can get the ball rolling.

Cant wait to check the IMMI site every morning again and cry as there hasnt been a change in status
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Latest Saga

Agent and company have been playing silly, silly, silly buggers. Agent not telling us the facts and company being hopelessly slow. The agent only admitted a major problem to us friday! The company only finished providing docs Friday. Agent to recieve everything tomorrow and then beg RCB to do it quick so can lodge before end of month!!!!

We are still going with the RSMS application cos work will go nuts if we pull out now. BUT agent is now warning us immigration may refuse visa as contract may not be in accordance with employment law!!!! (A) after they told us it was ok more than once and (B) after we waited since august for it!

We can't wait it til we find out result of RSMS application as it stands or wait for the result of any further attempts to make the contract safer as OH 45yrs in 19 days and it'll be then too late to be doing any skilled visa applications.

So we have to lodge 175 now as an insurance policy. Bit nervous about having to submit before IELTS which we need for extra points but have read several agents on here saying its ok if you have UK passport and our agent also says its ok.

Between a rock and hard place I think its called. Probably find RSMS will go through and agent is just scaremongering and we've spent all that extra on an insurance policy we won't need but we can't take the chance of not doing it...

Wished we'd never started the RSMS at all now. Would've saved loads of stress and $$$.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Oh dear Safin, that sounds like dreadful service you have had with it all, fingers crosssed for you.
angi
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Safin
Latest Saga

Agent and company have been playing silly, silly, silly buggers. Agent not telling us the facts and company being hopelessly slow. The agent only admitted a major problem to us friday! The company only finished providing docs Friday. Agent to recieve everything tomorrow and then beg RCB to do it quick so can lodge before end of month!!!!

We are still going with the RSMS application cos work will go nuts if we pull out now. BUT agent is now warning us immigration may refuse visa as contract may not be in accordance with employment law!!!! (A) after they told us it was ok more than once and (B) after we waited since august for it!

We can't wait it til we find out result of RSMS application as it stands or wait for the result of any further attempts to make the contract safer as OH 45yrs in 19 days and it'll be then too late to be doing any skilled visa applications.

So we have to lodge 175 now as an insurance policy. Bit nervous about having to submit before IELTS which we need for extra points but have read several agents on here saying its ok if you have UK passport and our agent also says its ok.

Between a rock and hard place I think its called. Probably find RSMS will go through and agent is just scaremongering and we've spent all that extra on an insurance policy we won't need but we can't take the chance of not doing it...

Wished we'd never started the RSMS at all now. Would've saved loads of stress and $$$.
That is the danger with ENS the company has to come to the party as well, trying to get the paperwork through from their end is a real headache for them and yourselves because they usually require their accountants to audit the books and give a summary of the business profibility. It a nightmare because there never seems to be any sort of urgency on their behalf.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

SunnyMD will become famous soon enough
Cool Re: whos applying 457 now applying for pr x

Originally Posted by Angib
Hi again
new thread fab by the way - I have been on looking to find out how we convert from 457 to PR and here it is!!!

I was offered job with Queensland Health March 2008, specific post only identified in June 2008 so visa process did not start until after that. Went through house seling hell and arrived here in October 2008 having had to take a loss on the house to get here. Literally had $18000 and our suitcases on arrival. Started work 5 days later, OH started 12 days later so had money coming in almost straight away. Now in rented house which was brand new for us moving in, so nice!!

Love my job, most of the time!! Kids so happy here and although we are only here 2 months we are so happy and do not want to have to leave. Started to review ENS. Employer has advised PR available though from reading posts on here it seems that some peoples experience with QH has been easier than others to get pr sponsor. My probation period is up at end of Jan and I intend to have everything ready to submit as soon as employer gives green light. Ideally do not want to have to get new police checks, meds, xrays again as they are all still within twelve months.

The reason for the rush for me is the want to ensure we have security - although i have two year 457 I need to know my situation cannot change with governmental policy changes in future.

Would love to hear from anyone with experience of QH in this regard, good luck to everyone and looking forward to nice long thread!!!!!!!!!!
It is an awesome thread, thanks to you Hitchcock for that

As far as QH is concerned, we came out on 4yr 457 Nov 2007 having been told in our interviews etc that QH would sponsor for perm res (dont know which category) once we were here but with no suggested timescales.

Once through our probation we approached them for sponsorship and they refused ! :curse:

So ... Bollards to them then !!

OK, I guess at least they got us this far

We submitted our own 175 app Jul 08 and have been waiting patiently ever since.

Meantime, with the new CSL list (which we are on) I don't know what will happen, we have been told by Adelaide that it should help our app, but still we wait and wonder ...

Anybody else in a similar position ?
Old Jan 12th 2009, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

Originally Posted by SunnyMD

As far as QH is concerned, we came out on 4yr 457 Nov 2007 having been told in our interviews etc that QH would sponsor for perm res (dont know which category) once we were here but with no suggested timescales.

Once through our probation we approached them for sponsorship and they refused ! :curse:
May I ask what is your occupation with them?

I see you are in GC, the only employer spnsored visa would be ENS then? Do you qualify for all the ENS criteria?
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ianhutch1
Hey Hitchcock how are you settling in to life in Oz? love it - how is perth life for you guys?

We've been in Perth since Feb last year and are now starting the path to PR through a 175. Ive sent off my Skills Assessment application today and hoping for a positive result so we can get the ball rolling.

Cant wait to check the IMMI site every morning again and cry as there hasnt been a change in status
n ot looking forward to doing that again - i have to say x
It is an awesome thread, thanks to you Hitchcock for that your welcome

Meantime, with the new CSL list (which we are on) I don't know what will happen, we have been told by Adelaide that it should help our app, but still we wait and wonder ...

good luck on your application x
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=scott4526;7044435]
Originally Posted by hitchcock71
hi guys

HI Everyone

Just joined expats today been reading some of the info really intresting.

My Name is Scott Thompson moved over here on tourist visa with my wife and son back in March 2007 came here to see mum and dad who are Australian citizens. We knew before we came out that we were not going back to the U.K and thought that we will do the visas when we get out.
What a stressful 3 months that was and would not wish it on anyone.
My TRA failed,My wifes sponserd failed and it was up to me to get a sponser.
I am electrician and was lucky to find a company that found a way round the TRA. The 457 visa came through the exact day that we were supposed to go back. Anyway to the present we have had a Aussie baby 'who is not an Aussie baby' a little girl, Passed my TRA thank god what a complete load of shite that place is. Now i can apply for P.R employer said he would do the ENS but after next march cant say wether would be laid or not,other option is 175,176 skilled visa but takes longer. As anybody anytime frames for all three visas. I cant believe it is this hard for someone to stay in this country when all my close family are here and i have had a baby here.

Cheers sorry for dragging this out

how are your parents au citizens ? are they born au ? have you not thought of family sponsership? if you parents are citizens can they not sponser you ?
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

please read

i am trying to add on a time line for this thread when its up and running i will let you know

to be added to the time line you will have to pm with your details and i will add you on as i might miss you if you do it on here

Tiff

you can 't miss this post - didn't realise it would be so big -
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

SunnyMD will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by looky
May I ask what is your occupation with them?

I see you are in GC, the only employer spnsored visa would be ENS then? Do you qualify for all the ENS criteria?
To be honest we didn't look at any employer sponsored visa as they said no, we just went straight to the 175 to "go solo", so I don't know about eligibility for ENS or any other perm category

OH is a Radiographer with Queensland Health
Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

I'm in a similar position, as an electrical engineer. My manager mentioned help with ENS PR before I came here, along with a couple of other sweeteners like air tickets to and from the UK as I had to go back for an exam. When I turned up suddenly he wouldn't fulfil them and blamed other people (like the accountant) for not letting him. And, as it was verbal not written there seemed little I could do.

The ENS PR is handled by the manager like a carrot dangled in front of employers in the hope they'll stay. However, when I spoke to a senior member of staff they said that they never pay the cost of ENS PR for an employer, no matter how long they have stayed - but they would try to provide paperwork to get it. It looks a little fishy because the organisation doesn't give out more that one year contracts and somebody else here had difficultly convincing DIAC to give them ENS PR since they did not have a permanent job.

I asked what happened when an employee reached the end of the fourth year on a 457. I was told that either they paid for PR themselves or left.

I applied for 175 PR last October. The way I saw it was that it costs the same as ENS PR, so as I would pay the fee anyway better get it done sooner than later.

Finding another job is taking a little longer than I first thought as most organisations are mentioning recruitment freezes and to try again later. Still, once I have the PR then I don't have the hassle of having to find another sponsor within 28 days if this place folds. I'd probably just go down the beach every day!

Electrical Engineer is also mentioned on the CSL list so it would be good if it got things moving quicker. Saying that though from looking at the beupdate website it seems as if it takes immigration 6 months to issue a 175. Hopefully for me that would mean PR being granted around April time. I was thinking of taking a break in Hong Kong. It looked interesting from the airport.

It's annoying when a cr*p job is better than no job

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.