whos applying 457 now applying for pr x

Old Jan 18th 2009, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Sean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really nice
Default Re: whos applying 457 now applying for pr x

Originally Posted by wullieb1
Came to Oz in Oct 07 on 457.
Spoke to employer Jan 09 about ENS and they agreed.
Possible employer sends for nomination in Mar or Apr 09.
Actual application from me is Oct 09.

I'm waiting the full 2 years before applying for PR to give us plenty of time to make the final decision whether to stay or not. Employer is going to sponsor us for PR but we have to pay the fees to the DIAC or agent depending on what we do, makes me happy as i'm not beholding to the company for any length of time.
Hi,

I've heard about the 2 year thing before... is it a standard condition on 457s, or does it vary? I'm pretty sure that OHs employer offers ENS PR after 1 year - but that will be too late for us, the nappies will in the cupboard by then!

Also, just in case you don't realise: ENS application is valid for 6 months I think, so April may be the best time for your employer to submit to be on the safe side for October.

Cheers. More responses most welcome!
Old Jan 18th 2009, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sean101
G'day all...

Just wanted to run this situation by those in the know.

We are 4 months into our 4 year 457, OH is main name on visa and has a good job, I have since landed a good job with a great employer. We intend to stay.

OH is pregnant, and will soon need to inform her employer. Research suggests that they will allow her a maximum of 3 months off - unpaid - and have the power to revoke the visa if there are any complications.

I'm thinking that the best route is to request 856 ENS from my employer (my job is on ENSOL). I think they will help. The hope is that PR will allow OH to return to her current job in a manner that suits our circumstances, allow us to buy a house without the messy Foreign Investments Review Board and stamp duty etc, and show commitment to my employer.

I intend to put this to my employer in 5 days time. I've spent a few hours searching the topic on BE, all seems well, but we would be grateful for any input from those with a view.

Any ideas how long a simple ENS is likely to take?

Great thread BTW... cheers!
when is the baby due- mine is due september x
Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

wullieb1 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I've heard about the 2 year thing before... is it a standard condition on 457s, or does it vary? I'm pretty sure that OHs employer offers ENS PR after 1 year - but that will be too late for us, the nappies will in the cupboard by then!

Also, just in case you don't realise: ENS application is valid for 6 months I think, so April may be the best time for your employer to submit to be on the safe side for October.

Cheers. More responses most welcome!
1. Not sure to be honest. As far as i've been told, and primarily the reason why i'm doing it, if you wait the 2 years then you don't need to do the skills assesment. I don't want to go back to my old employer looking for this info as they didn't like the fact i left and went to work for a customer.

2. Yep realise that and i'm waiting on confirmation from the agent to take to the HR department to get then set the ball in motion.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Sean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really niceSean101 is just really nice

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
Congrats!!

End of August for us.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!!

End of August for us.
middle of september for us - so congrats to you too
Old Feb 1st 2009, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

essex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really nice

How's everyone going with their apps?
Old Feb 1st 2009, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to say Congratulations. Also remember they have changed it so you have up to 12months to claim your $5000 baby bonus now.

Good luck with the pregnancy

Gems
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gems
Just wanted to say Congratulations. Also remember they have changed it so you have up to 12months to claim your $5000 baby bonus now.

Good luck with the pregnancy

Gems
thanks for that gem x will be applying for pr in november so that would be really helpful if we could claim it after we get pr

so our time frame now looks like this
september have baby and apply for police checks au and ukand as soon as apply for baby passport and birth cert
october have meds done
november 12th ish apply for pr
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

essex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really nice

Would anyone know if you have already lodged for your PR (mine is a 176 sponsored) and I was to be made redundant, would I be able to get a bridging visa as i'm still waiting on a decision with regards to the 176?
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

guiguioz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by essex2sydney
Would anyone know if you have already lodged for your PR (mine is a 176 sponsored) and I was to be made redundant, would I be able to get a bridging visa as i'm still waiting on a decision with regards to the 176?
unfortunately, it is not possible to get a bridging visa in that case since 175/176 visas are off-shore visas
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by guiguioz
unfortunately, it is not possible to get a bridging visa in that case since 175/176 visas are off-shore visas
That's what I thought, but a friend's sister is a migration lawyer and she said I could...go figure.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

guiguioz is an unknown quantity at this point

That's what I thought, but a friend's sister is a migration lawyer and she said I could...go figure.
I ask the question to DIAC and agent, and they both told me it was not the case...
however, you can get a bridging visa if for instance you apply for a new 457 (if you loose your current 457)... you will then be able to stay in Australia while your new 457 is being processed...
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

I ask the question to DIAC and agent, and they both told me it was not the case...
however, you can get a bridging visa if for instance you apply for a new 457 (if you loose your current 457)... you will then be able to stay in Australia while your new 457 is being processed...
I did think this was the case, I knew that would be ok - just finding someone else to sponsor me again in this market that may be the issue lol.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

SunnyMD will become famous soon enough

I did think this was the case, I knew that would be ok - just finding someone else to sponsor me again in this market that may be the issue lol.
I don't have anything to add, but just read your signature line [saw the angry face and was nosey :-0 ]

Wanted to wish you good luck ... to have got here and now be worried about having to leave just to come back again is a rotten situation I wouldn't wish on anybody [well, not too many people anyway ;-) ]
Old Feb 4th 2009, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

GreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud of

thanks for that gem x will be applying for pr in november so that would be really helpful if we could claim it after we get pr

so our time frame now looks like this
september have baby and apply for police checks au and ukand as soon as apply for baby passport and birth cert
october have meds done
november 12th ish apply for pr

Hi all!

We are also on a 457 visa atm and just about to send off aplication for PR via ENS (856). And we are also having a baby - in about 4 weeks

From what we had researched before we had the impression that the ENS visa only takes a few weeks, but now the HR lady at hubbies office says its more like 5-7 months

From what I read on Centrelink, you must have PR within 26 weeks to be elligible for the baby bonus unfortunately...

So, do you reckon its better to wait with the PR application until bubs is actually born, or shouldnt we rather hand in the application now (we have mentioned we are preggers and added a letter from OB with EDD) and then add his meds and stuff when he's born??
Of course we would also have to add him to our current 457 visa, but that shouldnt be a problem should it??
Confusing I know, but someone out there must understand what I'm saying

Cheers GS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.