Spouse Visa Thread continued - 2012-2014

Old Feb 22nd 2013, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

mustafa_jaleel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Thread continued - 2012-2013

Hello guys, can anyone help me on how to get the document's photocopies notarised from Pakistan? Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

BonnieM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

I'm new to this forum, I sent of for my defacto visa on 17th November and recieved an email from my CO saying processing time would be 8-9 months and to do meds and police certs after 3 months.

It would be nice to think it will be granted in 6 months however it seem the people given a 5-6 month waiting time seemed to take about 6 months.

Fingers crossed though, would definitly be good to hear about peoples recent processing times!!
Old Mar 11th 2013, 3:17 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

Hi all.
Finally after many years of frustration and false starts I've posted off my spouse visa application
I think for me its going to be a long summer waiting for the grant!
Old Mar 11th 2013, 3:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BonnieM
Hello

I'm new to this forum, I sent of for my defacto visa on 17th November and recieved an email from my CO saying processing time would be 8-9 months and to do meds and police certs after 3 months.

It would be nice to think it will be granted in 6 months however it seem the people given a 5-6 month waiting time seemed to take about 6 months.

Fingers crossed though, would definitly be good to hear about peoples recent processing times!!
Originally Posted by Pincher
Hi all.
Finally after many years of frustration and false starts I've posted off my spouse visa application
I think for me its going to be a long summer waiting for the grant!
Good luck to both of you!
Old Mar 12th 2013, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

prattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond repute

In case if I'm unable to include my spouse in 189 application, Is there any way to get the same VISA for her seperately. She won't be able to obtain her own VISA due to low point score.

Actual scenario is that, i have only 2 months to submit 189 application after invitation is received and most likely it would take 3 months to receive my spouse's passport.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 1:55 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by prattech
In case if I'm unable to include my spouse in 189 application, Is there any way to get the same VISA for her seperately. She won't be able to obtain her own VISA due to low point score.

Actual scenario is that, i have only 2 months to submit 189 application after invitation is received and most likely it would take 3 months to receive my spouse's passport.
Have you already applied for your spouse's passport?
Old Mar 12th 2013, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

prattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond reputeprattech has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I did. However, It would take at least 3 months to receive her passport.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 2:03 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I did. However, It would take at least 3 months to receive her passport.
It may arrive in time - it looks like you still have IELTS again, and then waiting for result before submitting EOI so another monthe before invitation at least?

Has spouse had previous passport?
Old Mar 12th 2013, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, I certainly have a month buffer. However, I was just checking possibilities ahead of time to avoid last minute hurry.
Actually, she lost her passport and has to apply for new one with normal delivery. Express delivery(a week) is not applicable in her case as she lost previous passport.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 3:50 pm

Yes, I certainly have a month buffer. However, I was just checking possibilities ahead of time to avoid last minute hurry.
Actually, she lost her passport and has to apply for new one with normal delivery. Express delivery(a week) is not applicable in her case as she lost previous passport.
I had my passport stolen in the middle of my visa application - that was not fun.

If I was you, I would probably wait before applying for your spouse's passport to turn up, unless someone knows if it's possible to include her in the application but forward passport details when it arrives.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I had my passport stolen in the middle of my visa application - that was not fun.

If I was you, I would probably wait before applying for your spouse's passport to turn up, unless someone knows if it's possible to include her in the application but forward passport details when it arrives.
Hey, your thought actually created a question in my mind. Is there any way to free up/reject/leave invitation that we received or should require to wait till 60 days pass to expire the invitation?
Old Mar 18th 2013, 7:59 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

Just had my application acknowledged by my CO.
Asked to book my medical AFTER 12/06/13.
P
Old Mar 20th 2013, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

cherni is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

So I just got recently married in Oz, my fiancée arrived with a PMV visa so we are preparing to lodge the 820 VISA. I have only three questions:

1.- A lot of evidence that we have are in PDF (electronic) format: Bank statements, payslips, invoices, travel itineraries, etc. Do I have to certify this or just clarify that they are PDF print outs?

2.- Police clearance: So my fiancée's police clearance from our home country is more than a year old, however, we want to apply asap. We already requested a new one from our embassy. Question is, will the CO reject the application or just ask for a new one?

3.- Our statements: For the PMV VISA we did our statements, and now for the spouse one that is also required... we actually have to use the same, or add more info for this VISA now that we are married... feeling I'm doing everything twice!

Thanks for any guidance! Much appreciated!
Old Mar 20th 2013, 7:30 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cherni
Hi everyone,

So I just got recently married in Oz, my fiancée arrived with a PMV visa so we are preparing to lodge the 820 VISA. I have only three questions:

1.- A lot of evidence that we have are in PDF (electronic) format: Bank statements, payslips, invoices, travel itineraries, etc. Do I have to certify this or just clarify that they are PDF print outs?

2.- Police clearance: So my fiancée's police clearance from our home country is more than a year old, however, we want to apply asap. We already requested a new one from our embassy. Question is, will the CO reject the application or just ask for a new one?

3.- Our statements: For the PMV VISA we did our statements, and now for the spouse one that is also required... we actually have to use the same, or add more info for this VISA now that we are married... feeling I'm doing everything twice!

Thanks for any guidance! Much appreciated!
I followed the same visa path as yourselves a few years ago.... My police clearance had expired a few weeks before my application, I mentioned this in my letter accompanying the visa application and asked if it would be necessary to obtain another one. I wasn't asked to get another one.

The only documents that you need to get certified are birth certificates, passports and marriage certificates, not your bank statements etc...

With regards to the personal statements, I included a copy of our original statements and just added a brief additional statement advising what had happened between grant of PMV and the new application. It wasn't anywhere near as daunting!

Good luck with it all
Old Mar 20th 2013, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

cherni is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
I followed the same visa path as yourselves a few years ago.... My police clearance had expired a few weeks before my application, I mentioned this in my letter accompanying the visa application and asked if it would be necessary to obtain another one. I wasn't asked to get another one.

The only documents that you need to get certified are birth certificates, passports and marriage certificates, not your bank statements etc...

With regards to the personal statements, I included a copy of our original statements and just added a brief additional statement advising what had happened between grant of PMV and the new application. It wasn't anywhere near as daunting!

Good luck with it all
Cheers mate!!! Thanks a million!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.