Spouse Visa Thread continued - 2012-2014

Old Sep 13th 2012, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

MadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really nice
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

Hi folks,

I have been told I could be waiting until next May to get my spouse visa (PR). My husband went in May this year and I can't keep family apart a whole year. I looked at tourist visas. There is one you can get for 12 months. Will it be quite straightforward to get that one and then just hop over to NZ when PR ready to be granted?

Just so fed up. Someone I spoke to other day got a business visa in 1 day and they don't have kids yet we are being treated like this. Just isn't fair on the kids, who are citizens but they can't go til I can.

Thanks
Old Sep 13th 2012, 9:04 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MadMuvva
Hi folks,

I have been told I could be waiting until next May to get my spouse visa (PR). My husband went in May this year and I can't keep family apart a whole year. I looked at tourist visas. There is one you can get for 12 months. Will it be quite straightforward to get that one and then just hop over to NZ when PR ready to be granted?

Just so fed up. Someone I spoke to other day got a business visa in 1 day and they don't have kids yet we are being treated like this. Just isn't fair on the kids, who are citizens but they can't go til I can.

Thanks
Yes you can apply for a tourist visa, as long as you are using it to go for a holiday not to migrate on.You will need to tell your CO what you are doing. No-one can tell you whether they will grant it for the full 12 months though, and remember you will not be able to work during that time. UK timeline does still seem to be around 5 months to get a Spouse visa.

As for the wait being unfair, that's just the way it goes. Many spouse visa applicants going to the US are parted for a couple of years and they are limited to brief visits while waiting.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

MadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really nice

Thanks.

Thing is, I will be migrating not taking a holiday. Kids will be going permanently and I won't be returning to the UK so how can I maintain it's for a holiday? It's just a way to get there quicker.

Don't think I'll move to the US then!
Old Sep 14th 2012, 1:41 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

Thing is, I will be migrating not taking a holiday. Kids will be going permanently and I won't be returning to the UK so how can I maintain it's for a holiday? It's just a way to get there quicker.

Don't think I'll move to the US then!
You will need to arrive with the intention of holidaying here to visit your partner, with the intention of returning home at the end of the holiday - unless the visa is granted while you are here. If you arrive at Immigration and tell them that you do not intend to leave, and are actually arriving to live here they MAY refuse you entry on a tourist visa. That's because tourist visas are designed for holidays and if you want to live here you need to get the right visa first.
Several posters have done as you are proposing though - its all about your intentions when you arrive. If you are just bringing the kids to see their father and then intend to return home again, thats fine
Old Sep 14th 2012, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Hmmm. thanks. No matter what I tell them, I think they will work out what I am doing or is just a case of saying the right thing? Hubby's company are paying for one way tickets. So would I need to present a return air ticket? I don't want to do that for the kids, but they are citizens so could say I would leave them with their Dad. I will also be bringing a shed load of baggage as they are paying excess baggage and the house contents will be going when we do. I think I need to discuss with case officer. I will be up front and honest with her because I do not have the cash to be to-ing and fro-ing from the UK!

Thanks for help
Old Sep 15th 2012, 6:26 am
Home and Happy

Hmmm. thanks. No matter what I tell them, I think they will work out what I am doing or is just a case of saying the right thing? Hubby's company are paying for one way tickets. So would I need to present a return air ticket? I don't want to do that for the kids, but they are citizens so could say I would leave them with their Dad. I will also be bringing a shed load of baggage as they are paying excess baggage and the house contents will be going when we do. I think I need to discuss with case officer. I will be up front and honest with her because I do not have the cash to be to-ing and fro-ing from the UK!

Thanks for help
Discussion with the CO would seem the best plan - certainly better than just getting a touirst visa and turning up - one way tickets and excess baggage would be a major red flag! You may well find that the CO can sort something out, if only by way of giving you a better idea of how long the wait currently is. - good luck
Old Sep 15th 2012, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Polyanna.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 10:05 am
Just Joined

LizzieTYK is an unknown quantity at this point

My visa has been granted, woo-hoo! I applied on 19 March and it was granted on 14 September, so just a smidgeon under 6 months and at the outside of the 5/6 months they quoted when I applied.

Hope that gives an idea to others of current processing times!

Now, got to get cracking with organising the move, we have flights booked for early December....
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 11:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

LizzieTYK is an unknown quantity at this point

Forgot to say, thanks again for all the helpful people on the forum who answered all my stupid questions quickly and with good spirit. Much appreciated!
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 2:00 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

I just want to say 'Hi' to all.
As you can see I have been a member of BE for quite a few years now and have had a couple of missed opportunities to emigrate (Me, Canada. The OH, USA). Both long and involved tales of woe and frustration.
However, hopefully we are in a position to fulfill our long awaited dreams. Our lives are now in a position where I can go ahead and, finally, apply for my spouse visa. Going to start getting the paperwork together and fingers crossed.
I've naturally been following this thread for some time now, and found it immeasurably helpful and friendly with great advice.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Jord w will become famous soon enough

We have been told my wife's visa will be approved by the 9th of November
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jord w
We have been told my wife's visa will be approved by the 9th of November
How do you know this?My wife's visa was submitted if i remember right about may also,with an agent,meds and police certs done about a month ago now which was the final thing needed after baby was born,now wondering how long it takes.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Jord w will become famous soon enough

We sent our case officer a quick email and asked, she came back with this date!
Just over the 6 month turnaround, my wife completed her medical around 5 months ago when requested.
Old Oct 26th 2012, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

jmm2905 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All. Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but have been playing the waiting game with DIAC.

I'm thrilled to say that my partner migration visa was approved yesterday! WOOHOO!

The processing time was just a smidge under 6 months. My CO at DIAC was incredibly helpful and always kept me in the loop on the progress.

I wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who provided much needed advice and guidance, without your knowledge, the forum would most certainly not exist.

For those still waiting on their applications, all I can say is be patient. As they say, no news is good news.

It was a great pleasure dealing with DIAC, unlike the British Home Office who should clearly learn a thing or two from the Aussies. As I'm now somewhat of an old hand at this, I'd be more than happy to also give my 2 cents worth.

Now the REAL hard work begins! Booking flights, giving notice on our rent, packing up and shipping stuff over to AUS etc. It sure is going to be worth it all in the end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.