Spouse Visa Thread continued - 2012-2014

Old Jul 10th 2012, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

dazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nice
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Probably a good idea as timelines are longer now. I know it feels stressful, I remember it well, but you'll be fine as long as your relationship is a genuine one
Form 80-is now 4 times longer than when I did it, in those days you had to do it at every stage Pros Marriage, Temp Spouse AND PR, now its like War & Peace, but they seem to ask for it much less often
We'll feel better when it's submitted it's been none stop but I'm sure we'll be fine

Thanks again.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

colthewombat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone in this very helpful forum. I have just completed a relatively straight forward partner visa application (I'm a UK citizen married 17 years to an Aussie). Initial information was sent a month ago. CO emailed within a couple of days telling me to go ahead with medical and police checks. These were done and sent and after 2 weeks I emailed to confirm receipt. I was told everything had arrived and was in order and no more info was required. But of course they say that the processing time is 5/6 months so they estimate November/ December. Just wanted to ask what happens next. Do they confirm an earliest entrance date over the next couple of months or do you hear nothing until Nov/Dec?
Old Jul 11th 2012, 9:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colthewombat
Hello everyone in this very helpful forum. I have just completed a relatively straight forward partner visa application (I'm a UK citizen married 17 years to an Aussie). Initial information was sent a month ago. CO emailed within a couple of days telling me to go ahead with medical and police checks. These were done and sent and after 2 weeks I emailed to confirm receipt. I was told everything had arrived and was in order and no more info was required. But of course they say that the processing time is 5/6 months so they estimate November/ December. Just wanted to ask what happens next. Do they confirm an earliest entrance date over the next couple of months or do you hear nothing until Nov/Dec?
You won't get any validation dates etc until the visa is granted, and the UK timeline at present (judging by reports on here) is definitely around 5 months - give or take a week or two. I doubt you'll hear anything before that.
Old Jul 12th 2012, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Pollyana. I was afraid you would say that.

I think I read on this forum that the partner visa is now electronic, not a sticker in your passport. If I go to Oz on a visitor visa nearer to my validation date and. while I am there, I get an email telling me my partner visa has been granted, do I need to leave and then return (eg nip over to NZ) in order to validate it?
Old Jul 12th 2012, 9:27 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colthewombat
Thanks Pollyana. I was afraid you would say that.

I think I read on this forum that the partner visa is now electronic, not a sticker in your passport. If I go to Oz on a visitor visa nearer to my validation date and. while I am there, I get an email telling me my partner visa has been granted, do I need to leave and then return (eg nip over to NZ) in order to validate it?
If you apply offshore, then yes, you need to be offshore when its granted.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

Thanks again Pollyana
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Jord w will become famous soon enough

2 to 3 months more wait for my partners visa
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

MadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really nice

I just phoned the High Commission in London today. They said the waiting time is now 8-9 months! What the? Have they made a load of people redundant or is everyone heading to Oz? Will we ever get there? Sending my forms off Monday.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Jord w will become famous soon enough

I was told through email by my case officer October time this was 2 1/2 months ago. Fingers crossed might send her another email just to confirm :/
Old Aug 8th 2012, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Alex997_99 will become famous soon enough

Could anyone please recommend any migration agent who has had experience with spouse visa application at the New Delhi high commission?
Thanks
Old Aug 8th 2012, 10:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alex997_99
Could anyone please recommend any migration agent who has had experience with spouse visa application at the New Delhi high commission?
Thanks
Highly unlikely anyone on here would know but surely a Spouse Visa application is the same the world over. What's so special about New Delhi?
Old Aug 8th 2012, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Alex997_99 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Highly unlikely anyone on here would know but surely a Spouse Visa application is the same the world over. What's so special about New Delhi?
It is special alrite!
We lodged a 309 application in Jan through a MARA reg agent in Jan and lodged a tourist application soon after for my wife;she was granted a single entry visa for 6 months.
In June,we received their letter stating my wife needs to be offshore in order to finalise the application;the letter even stated that we need to be in a country where visa could be evidenced.My wife,then had a tourist visa valid till August end and did not have the 'no further stay condition' which meant we could have possibly applied for an extension of the tourist visa.
Anyways,when my wife left Australia,the case officer got back stating she needed extra photos of the Hindu marriage ceremony and since the marriage is already done,it is a good idea to have these done now,which in her opinion would make the marriage valid,in her opinion! We even submitted these and I made a quick visit for this.Now,upon enquiring over the phone they are quoting the global standard of 12 months!when their service standard is 7!
Our agent,besides voicing his frustration,has been unable to do much and we think,we are in no man's land as my wife cannot enter back to lodge an onshore application and they have no date to give,as to when it could be finalised.
Can they actually cheat someone like that by asking them to leave the country and then stating we are going to take long?
Any insightful suggestions from anyone would be welcome because our agent,sure has NONE!

Cheers,

Alex.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 9:53 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Alex997_99
It is special alrite!
We lodged a 309 application in Jan through a MARA reg agent in Jan and lodged a tourist application soon after for my wife;she was granted a single entry visa for 6 months.
In June,we received their letter stating my wife needs to be offshore in order to finalise the application;the letter even stated that we need to be in a country where visa could be evidenced.My wife,then had a tourist visa valid till August end and did not have the 'no further stay condition' which meant we could have possibly applied for an extension of the tourist visa.
Anyways,when my wife left Australia,the case officer got back stating she needed extra photos of the Hindu marriage ceremony and since the marriage is already done,it is a good idea to have these done now,which in her opinion would make the marriage valid,in her opinion! We even submitted these and I made a quick visit for this.Now,upon enquiring over the phone they are quoting the global standard of 12 months!when their service standard is 7!
Our agent,besides voicing his frustration,has been unable to do much and we think,we are in no man's land as my wife cannot enter back to lodge an onshore application and they have no date to give,as to when it could be finalised.
Can they actually cheat someone like that by asking them to leave the country and then stating we are going to take long?
Any insightful suggestions from anyone would be welcome because our agent,sure has NONE!

Cheers,

Alex.
If you already have an agent no other reputable agent will advise you except in general terms - its unethical.
A hotline contact centre will only ever give you the generic timeline. Your agent needs to contact the Case Officer, not the hotline, and talk direct to them. OR you can remove your agent, and then contact the CO yourself - or engage a new agent to do this on your behalf.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

rackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the rough

If sponsor's address, employment status, phone number changes in Australia. Do applicant needs to tell the processing center about this? If yes, how?
Old Aug 13th 2012, 1:29 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by rackspace
If sponsor's address, employment status, phone number changes in Australia. Do applicant needs to tell the processing center about this? If yes, how?
As the Spouse will presumably be living with the sponsor by the time the second stage comes along, yes they should be notified of changes in contact details.No need to worry about employment info though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.