Spouse Visa Thread continued - 2012-2014

Old Jun 24th 2012, 7:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
The visa would be cheaper to apply offshore, however with the difference being $965 the flights to the UK and back again would work out more than the difference in an onshore vs offshore application.
Definitely, but I was dealing purely with the visa cost
Old Jun 24th 2012, 9:24 am
Just Joined

dazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
As far as I'm aware you can "bridge" from an ETA to a Spouse/de facto visa - though it means you remain on the conditions of the ETA as regards no working allowed, so yes you can apply onshore and remain here. If you end up in financial hardship you can apply for that clause to be waived.
You MUST make sure the application is received by DIAC before your ETA expires.
Its certainly cheaper to apply from the UK, I'm not sure about timelines onshore at present - UK ones are being granted in 5 months.

If you can get hold of all the paperwork you need and get it forwarded then I can't see an issue. You'll need UK and Aussie police checks, but those don't have to be frontloaded, they can follow on later.
Thanks Pollyana,

I was hoping that would be the case, the clause for the financial hardship would be a real bonus if they would waiver it. I will look into that.

Daz.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dazr87
Thanks for your reply Moneypenny

I was under the impression that i would be granted a bridging visa once we applied for the De facto visa, which would allow myself to stay here with my partner until the decision is made. Or have i been mis-informed.

Thanks again.

Daz.
As far as I'm aware you can "bridge" from an ETA to a Spouse/de facto visa - though it means you remain on the conditions of the ETA as regards no working allowed, so yes you can apply onshore and remain here. If you end up in financial hardship you can apply for that clause to be waived.
You MUST make sure the application is received by DIAC before your ETA expires.
Its certainly cheaper to apply from the UK, I'm not sure about timelines onshore at present - UK ones are being granted in 5 months.

If you can get hold of all the paperwork you need and get it forwarded then I can't see an issue. You'll need UK and Aussie police checks, but those don't have to be frontloaded, they can follow on later.
Thanks Pollyana,

I was hoping that would be the case, the clause for the financial hardship would be a real bonus if they would waiver it. I will look into that.

Daz.

Hi Daz,

This is more or less what my hubby and me have done...apply onshore for a spouse visa whilst he is on a holiday visa. Have been told between 6 and 9 months (current time is 6 months)

You will be granted a bridging visa A when they receive your application (providing you apply before your ETA expires), but it won't come into effect until your ETA expires. This means you can't apply for the work restriction lifting from your bridging visa (form 1005) until it comes into effect. They cannot cancel your ETA whilst you are onshore...but under exceptional circumstances your CO can lift the work restriction from your ETA. There is no form for this though, you just need to apply by letter (which is what we have just done)

We haven't heard back yet, but I only sent the letter on Saturday!!

Hope that helps a little
Old Jun 25th 2012, 11:11 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Hi Daz,

This is more or less what my hubby and me have done...apply onshore for a spouse visa whilst he is on a holiday visa. Have been told between 6 and 9 months (current time is 6 months)

You will be granted a bridging visa A when they receive your application (providing you apply before your ETA expires), but it won't come into effect until your ETA expires. This means you can't apply for the work restriction lifting from your bridging visa (form 1005) until it comes into effect. They cannot cancel your ETA whilst you are onshore...but under exceptional circumstances your CO can lift the work restriction from your ETA. There is no form for this though, you just need to apply by letter (which is what we have just done)

Hope that helps a little
Thanks Wendy, we don't get many people reporting that they've asked for the work restriction to be lifted so its good to hear the proper process
Old Jun 25th 2012, 12:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Wendy, we don't get many people reporting that they've asked for the work restriction to be lifted so its good to hear the proper process
Yeah, I know... I looked

There does have to be very good reasons for them to lift the work restriction though (which I believe I have) so

I'd rather not have the problems I am having to be honest, but that's a whole other issue
Old Jun 25th 2012, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

dazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nicedazr87 is just really nice

Thanks Wendy,

That's very helpful, we've just got to get everything together, still got Stat decks to do, which i'm finding quite hard. Then submit it.

Best of luck with your application.

Daz.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 6:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Wendy
Hi Daz,

Hope that helps a little
Thanks Wendy,

That's very helpful, we've just got to get everything together, still got Stat decks to do, which i'm finding quite hard. Then submit it.

Best of luck with your application.

Daz.

Just to let you all know...they can't lift work restrictions on tourist visa at all. There are no exceptions.

A Bridging Visa won't come into effect until the visitor visa expires, and they can't cancel your visitor visa early. So if you can't afford to not work, then do not apply onshore for a spouse visa from a visitor visa.

(and yes, I knew that already lol)

Last edited by Wendy; Jun 27th 2012 at 6:17 am.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 11:39 am
Just Joined

Thank Wendy,
Just had a horrible thought, I arrived here on a 3 month tourist visa, as I've already explained. The tourist visa doesn't actually expire until April next year,
But I have to leave the country every 3 months then come back in again, I hope I'm making sense here. My first 3 months is up next month.
If I submit my de facto application next week would the bridging visa come into effect when my first 3 months is up or not until next April. If next April I would still therefore have to leave every 3 months but would they still allow me to enter the country on a tourist visa once the de facto is submitted.

Thanks for any help.
Daz.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 11:55 am
Home and Happy

Thank Wendy,
Just had a horrible thought, I arrived here on a 3 month tourist visa, as I've already explained. The tourist visa doesn't actually expire until April next year,
But I have to leave the country every 3 months then come back in again, I hope I'm making sense here. My first 3 months is up next month.
If I submit my de facto application next week would the bridging visa come into effect when my first 3 months is up or not until next April. If next April I would still therefore have to leave every 3 months but would they still allow me to enter the country on a tourist visa once the de facto is submitted.

Thanks for any help.
Daz.
It should come into effect when the 3 months runs out - unless you choose to leave and re-enter in which case you are on the e-visitor/tourist for another three months
Old Jun 27th 2012, 12:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thank Wendy,

Thanks for any help.
Daz.
If you apply before the 3 months are up, then you're bridging visa will be in effect before then.

Basically, once your visa application is in you CANNOT leave the country until you spouse visa is granted as you won't be allowed back in (unless you can convince them to give you a Bridging Visa B - but that is for essential travel only)

So example is:

you come on a tourist visa in January that only last 3 months, you apply for your visa in Feb... your Bridging visa will come into effect April so that you are in Australia legally

Is that clear? (sorry, been a loooong day!! )
Old Jun 27th 2012, 12:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It should come into effect when the 3 months runs out - unless you choose to leave and re-enter in which case you are on the e-visitor/tourist for another three months
see, that was a much easier way of saying it
Old Jun 27th 2012, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Pollyana and Wendy,

Very helpful as usual, that's put my mind to rest, i was having a panic moment, hopefully we are still on track to submit next week

Daz.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Katarina222 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
When submitting evidence for the de facto visa ie payslips, joint bank accounts, utility bills etc, how many should i submit? One for every month for the past 12 months? Or just a selection of whatever i can find?
Also the address on my payslip is actually on the opposite side of the page to the date, should i send some originals with an explanation?
Thanks x
Old Jun 28th 2012, 11:06 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Katarina222
Hi
When submitting evidence for the de facto visa ie payslips, joint bank accounts, utility bills etc, how many should i submit? One for every month for the past 12 months? Or just a selection of whatever i can find?
Also the address on my payslip is actually on the opposite side of the page to the date, should i send some originals with an explanation?
Thanks x
No, just photocopy both sides on one sheet will be fine. I'd only send in a a couple of each; early on and recent should be enough.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
No, just photocopy both sides on one sheet will be fine. I'd only send in a a couple of each; early on and recent should be enough.
Hi, would the photocopies have to be certified original copies?
Thanks.
Daz.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.