Spouse Visa Thread continued - 2012-2014

Old Aug 14th 2012, 4:58 pm
med
Just Joined

med is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

Hi guys,
My wife will apply for a spouse visa from overseas (France) as that's where she is currently. My question is would a scanned stat declaration be considered acceptable by DIAC (i.e form 888 to be signed, sent by email, then printed)? Thanks for your feedback
Old Aug 15th 2012, 1:23 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by med
Hi guys,
My wife will apply for a spouse visa from overseas (France) as that's where she is currently. My question is would a scanned stat declaration be considered acceptable by DIAC (i.e form 888 to be signed, sent by email, then printed)? Thanks for your feedback
It needs to be the original document.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 4:12 pm
med
Just Joined

med is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Moneypenny20
Old Aug 16th 2012, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

belles is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MadMuvva
I just phoned the High Commission in London today. They said the waiting time is now 8-9 months! What the? Have they made a load of people redundant or is everyone heading to Oz? Will we ever get there? Sending my forms off Monday.
That's interesting as I spoke to them about the same time and they said it's still 5-6 months but we lodged our application mid-June so maybe it's just increased? Then again, our case office being on annual leave for 4 1/2 weeks won't delay the application either according to them. I'd hoped it would come through quickly as they phoned the day after I submitted it to say they had everything they needed and to get checks, but not looking that way. Frustrating as we only need to hand in a month's notice on the flat and hubby at work yet flights are going up all the time and worried lots of accommodation will be booked out for our arrival. Limbo land....
Old Aug 16th 2012, 12:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by belles
That's interesting as I spoke to them about the same time and they said it's still 5-6 months but we lodged our application mid-June so maybe it's just increased? Then again, our case office being on annual leave for 4 1/2 weeks won't delay the application either according to them. I'd hoped it would come through quickly as they phoned the day after I submitted it to say they had everything they needed and to get checks, but not looking that way. Frustrating as we only need to hand in a month's notice on the flat and hubby at work yet flights are going up all the time and worried lots of accommodation will be booked out for our arrival. Limbo land....
They are only allowed to grant so many each month, so even if the application is all OK it has to wait its turn to be granted. Thats why the CO being away won't impact on it. Frustrating I know, but at least you know they have all they need
Old Aug 16th 2012, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

belles is on a distinguished road

Assumed that was the case, a hint of whether it's going to be Nov or Dec would be useful though so we can book flights! We want to go travelling in Burma for a month first so would be good to know whether we're likely to hit Chinese New Year or not....
Old Aug 16th 2012, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Jord w will become famous soon enough

Our case officer is away at the moment too. Shes back on Monday though, luckily for us we aren't in a major rush but it would be nice to have my partners visa before we visit in December. We have been told September/October time
Old Aug 17th 2012, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

dreamzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I applied offshore partner visa for my wife on 1st week of July. We immediately applied for a tourist visa and she has got single entry 6 months, and she came to oz on 3rd week of July.

I understand the CO will contact us after 12 weeks of time. (Initial assessment of partner applications is being undertaken 12 weeks from the date of lodgement. - http://www.india.embassy.gov.au/ndli/vm0311.html)

Can you pls help me on some queries regarding the partner visa?

Does she needs to be in India when CO contacts her?

Will CO ask for police certificate after 12 weeks or at the end of processing (after 6-7 months?) Any first hand experience on this??

Is it advisable if we get police certificate now and keep it ready? If I have to apply for police certificate from Aus, Indian High commission takes 2 months to process.

Will CO ask to do medicals after 12 weeks or at the end of processing (after 6-7 months?)

Can we do medicals from Australia for visa lodged outside oz?

Sorry for so many questions.... the 175 I did some years back was so simple and straight forward !!

Last edited by dreamzz; Aug 17th 2012 at 6:06 am.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 7:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Impossible to tell. Your wife could risk getting the PCC considering it takes two months to come through, however she will have to be prepared to move over within a short window of time if the visa is granted but in a longer timescale than that currently suggested.

She will have to inform DIAC of the dates she will be in Aus as the visa can only be granted when she is offshore. If she's already here she should already have told them. If she can give all the information required when asked for it when she is in Aus she can be here but obviously she'll have to give contact details in Aus. If it's email it doesn't make much odds but they may choose to either write or even call - unlikely but you never know.

The CO can ask for both the Meds and PCC whenever they want to, it may be on first contact, it may not. It won't be at the end of processing as they have to be processed, obviously.

The Spouse Visa is way simpler and quicker than the skilled visas ever have been. It's your situation that's creating issues for you.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

nevster is an unknown quantity at this point

Just an update for those waiting on grants from the UK. Submitted application for my wife on 30/03/2012. Visa was granted this morning. So just under 5 months processing time for us.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

LizzieTYK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nevster
Just an update for those waiting on grants from the UK. Submitted application for my wife on 30/03/2012. Visa was granted this morning. So just under 5 months processing time for us.
many congrats! I submitted mine 10 days before you, chased my CO last week and she said it would be granted "within the next few weeks", here's hoping it'll be sooner rather than later!
Old Aug 29th 2012, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

Jord w will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by nevster

Many congrats, my wifes application was 5 weeks behind yours so we have a little longer to wait.
I am guessing your wife was granted a permanent visa?

Thanks for the update
Old Sep 11th 2012, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

dalam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
My partner has already applied Partner VISA 309/100 from offshore. But due to some misunderstanding between us, we are decided to separate from each other, still we do not think to divorce. Is there any process to temorarily stop the process of VISA for few times until our relation become OK.I am the sponsor of the VISA. Pls suggest me.

Thanks
MD Alam
Old Sep 11th 2012, 2:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by dalam
Hi
My partner has already applied Partner VISA 309/100 from offshore. But due to some misunderstanding between us, we are decided to separate from each other, still we do not think to divorce. Is there any process to temorarily stop the process of VISA for few times until our relation become OK.I am the sponsor of the VISA. Pls suggest me.

Thanks
MD Alam
You are legally bound to inform DIAC of any change in circumstance. As far as I'm aware the only reason given for an application to be put on hold is medical ie a female requiring the medical but being pregnant so the application is suspended until the birth of the child.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 9:10 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dalam
Hi

Thanks
MD Alam
No.
If you are no longer in a long-term, committed, relationship with your spouse you cannot apply for a spouse visa - that would defeat the object, as DIAC could well be granting a visa to someone who will split from their partner as soon as they get to Australia.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.