Spouse Visa Thread continued - 2012-2014

Old Jan 21st 2013, 5:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Thread continued - 2012-2013

Originally Posted by movingbacktoaus
As far I was aware the processing time changed from 5-6 months to 8-9 months around August time. So anyone who has applied before August will likely have received theirs now or will in the next few weeks. It'll be interesting to see if any of those who applied in August get a visa soon or if they still have a few more months to wait.

Additionally we emailed the CO handling my wife's application last week and he stated that he would aim to finalise the application around June/July, which would be 8-9 months. He did not say whether the visa would definitely be granted and whilst I seriously doubt it wouldn't be granted we are still reluctant to book flights or quit jobs at this time.

I very much hope you are right about the 5-6 months as that would make our life a lot easier. If visa does not get granted until July that only gives us 3 months to organise the move.
We've not had many grants on the thread lately though several people have posted elsewhere. Its something I'm watching for a friend at present, grant times for London, and I haven't seen any longer ones yet, but would be interested if anyone has more recent grant dates.
I was quoted 8-9 myself, as was everyone applying around the same time as me in 2002-3-4 - and grants then were in reality taking between 40 minutes and 7 days

I agree not to book flights till you have something more concrete, just in case, as no-one can be absolutely sure of a grant till its in your sticky paw
Old Jan 21st 2013, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

Fdev2907 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Try and do a copy of the front and the inside onto one sheet of paper - might need some fiddling but it keeps the "bits"of one card together. If you have an envelope do that too, just shows you were at the same address at the time.

Doesn't matter that the passport is in your maiden name, you'll presumably have a marriage certificate so thats fine.

Tip I try and give everyone - in recent years we have seen a lot of requests from DIAC for "further info"before they finally grant Spouse/de facto visas, so try not to send everything at once - give them a fair amount of evidence but keep some back, sort of in reserve, in case they ask!

Thanks very much Pollyanna need to get cracking it's going to be like Blue Peter with lots of cutting and sticking I think!
Old Jan 21st 2013, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

anneandjustin is an unknown quantity at this point

Keep us all posted on whether it takes 8-9 months I will be applying in April and am very much hoping for the 5-6 month wait time!
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 4:12 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anneandjustin
Keep us all posted on whether it takes 8-9 months I will be applying in April and am very much hoping for the 5-6 month wait time!
Not found anyone on here reporting a grant since October/November, those were definitely 5-6 months. We'll have to wait for someone else to report in now
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 5:40 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Can't tell you anything other than what the wife was told today by the embassy in London, 8-9 months, but likely to be processed sooner.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 6:00 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by gregster10217
Can't tell you anything other than what the wife was told today by the embassy in London, 8-9 months, but likely to be processed sooner.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

anneandjustin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Polly I have contacted the hospital in Ireland where they do visa medicals and they have told me they cannot do my medical until I get a letter from my CO. I have managed to organise things so I was going to go home for 2.5 weeks and lodge my application and come back to my job as they can hold it for that length. So obviously I cannot do that know, If I lodge my application there I wont really ahev the time to wait and get the okay for a medical.

"all partner visa medicals are done online using the e/health system. They are not done by paper. If you are going to do your medical by paper please bring in a letter from your agent stating that your agent requested you to do your medical for partner visa by paper. "
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

StSabre is an unknown quantity at this point

You could still lodge your application, as the medical can be done by any panel doctor anywhere in the world (Medibank Health if you are in Australia).
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 5:20 am
Home and Happy

Hey Polly I have contacted the hospital in Ireland where they do visa medicals and they have told me they cannot do my medical until I get a letter from my CO. I have managed to organise things so I was going to go home for 2.5 weeks and lodge my application and come back to my job as they can hold it for that length. So obviously I cannot do that know, If I lodge my application there I wont really ahev the time to wait and get the okay for a medical.

"all partner visa medicals are done online using the e/health system. They are not done by paper. If you are going to do your medical by paper please bring in a letter from your agent stating that your agent requested you to do your medical for partner visa by paper. "
Thats very new and not seen it before on Spouse Visas. You can do the medical in Australia thoguh, just make sure the CO has your current contact details.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

Fdev2907 is an unknown quantity at this point

Another quick question on bank accounts please did people copy every single page of every statement for the time they had been together or just the front page or a statement from every couple of months?

Don't want to kill more trees than I have to! Thanks
Old Jan 29th 2013, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

jmm2905 is an unknown quantity at this point

The medical cannot be undertaken until your CO has issued you with a health assessment portal number. This number needs to be quoted when you call to book the medical.

Good luck with the application. It's well worth the wait in the end
Old Jan 29th 2013, 4:36 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by jmm2905
The medical cannot be undertaken until your CO has issued you with a health assessment portal number. This number needs to be quoted when you call to book the medical.

Good luck with the application. It's well worth the wait in the end
Does look like the system has changed in the last month or so, before that front loading was still possible.
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/heal...processing.htm
Old Jan 29th 2013, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

jmm2905 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Does look like the system has changed in the last month or so, before that front loading was still possible.
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/heal...processing.htm
Hi Pollyana

I applied in March 2012 and this was the case then. I tried to front load the health check but were advised by the panel doctor that this was not possible as they required the health assessment portal number before being able to book the health check.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 5:16 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by jmm2905
Hi Pollyana

I applied in March 2012 and this was the case then. I tried to front load the health check but were advised by the panel doctor that this was not possible as they required the health assessment portal number before being able to book the health check.
Thats interesting as we've had loads of people in the last year who have just gone ahead and done the meds anyway. Maybe they are just tightening up now

Doesn't look like you had to wait long for the meds request though (looking at your signature )
Old Feb 12th 2013, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

dreamzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We have been granted 309 visa (in 7 months time, we lodged in Delhi, India) and my wife will be coming to Australia in couple of weeks.

I have couple of queries regarding spouse visa. Can the experts please help?

1. My wife is expecting. After the child birth, do we need to inform DIAC about the change in family?
2. What is the validity of 100 visa? Do we need to get RRV after five years (like 175) ?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.