Spouse Visa Thread continued - 2012-2014

Old Apr 21st 2013, 6:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Thread continued - 2012-2013

Originally Posted by ukaussi
Thanks for the info.

I think I am going to submit it with my 2 daughters US passport info and then send then Aussie certificate and then Aussie passport details as I get them. I don't want to hold off for 2 months whilst I get those as we would ideally want to move this sept/oct.

If they haven't decided by the time we want to move can we get a temporary visa so she can come with us to Aus and wait for a decision there or is it best to stay in the country you are applying from and where your CO is?
Maybe if I include a letter with what we are wanting to do in terms of timeframe and rough dates it would speed up the process
It won't speed up the process.
She can visit on a tourist visa while waiting for the grant of the Spouse Visa but will need to leave again in order for it to be granted. If she dioes visit in the meantime make sure the CO is made aware of the dates
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

vr4indian is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all

one of my friend is an Australian pr and is going to get married soon (in couple of month)
so my question is that

1:to shorten the processing time can he put up dependent file before marriage?

2:which documents are required to put up a file?

waiting for reply...
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 7:17 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vr4indian
hi all

one of my friend is an Australian pr and is going to get married soon (in couple of month)
so my question is that

1:to shorten the processing time can he put up dependent file before marriage?

2:which documents are required to put up a file?

waiting for reply...
If they are not yet married, in what way is she dependant on your friend?
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

vr4indian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
If they are not yet married, in what way is she dependant on your friend?
Thanks for u r reply

so it means that before marriage if he has to put file than it is called as fiance visa...am i right? and if i am right than

1: how much time it will take to get fiance visa?
2: documents needed for fiance visa
3: and after getting the fiance visa do they have to marry in australia or they can marry in their country?
4: and after marriage he has to put dependent file..Right?
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

ukaussi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
It won't speed up the process.
She can visit on a tourist visa while waiting for the grant of the Spouse Visa but will need to leave again in order for it to be granted. If she dioes visit in the meantime make sure the CO is made aware of the dates
Ah, bummer

So would she need to return to the country where the visa was submitted (in this case the US) or could she simply go to NZ?
I am guessing she gets the visa from the Australian Embassy/Consulate in that country?
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 10:42 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukaussi
Ah, bummer

So would she need to return to the country where the visa was submitted (in this case the US) or could she simply go to NZ?
I am guessing she gets the visa from the Australian Embassy/Consulate in that country?
She just needs to leave Australia, after letting the CO know where and when she is going.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 10:47 pm
Home and Happy

Thanks for u r reply

so it means that before marriage if he has to put file than it is called as fiance visa...am i right? and if i am right than
Applying before marriage would mean an application for a Prospective Marriage Visa

1: how much time it will take to get fiance visa?
Varies depending on the country of application and the background of the applicant and sponsor

2: documents needed for fiance visa
3: and after getting the fiance visa do they have to marry in australia or they can marry in their country?
Read this link and the booklet that can be downloaded from it.

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/fami...as-partner.htm

4: and after marriage he has to put dependent file..Right?
No. There is no such thing as "putting a dependent file".
After marriage (which must take place within 9 months of the grant of the Prospective Marriage Visa) the applicant must apply for a Spouse Visa.

Again, see the link and the booklet
Old Apr 29th 2013, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

cherni is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone!

My wife applied for her onshore spouse VISA in person, but we haven't been assigned a CO yet. this was 2 weeks ago... Does anyone know what is the average time to get a CO these days?

Many thanks!
Old Apr 30th 2013, 4:35 am
med
Just Joined

med is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!
Just to let you know that my wife got her visa on 25-Apr-2013. She applied from the Australian embassy in Madrid on 09-Oct-2013. So the process has taken around 6.5 months.
Thanks BE!!
Old Apr 30th 2013, 10:02 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by med
Hello!
Just to let you know that my wife got her visa on 25-Apr-2013. She applied from the Australian embassy in Madrid on 09-Oct-2013. So the process has taken around 6.5 months.
Thanks BE!!
Congratulations
Old May 8th 2013, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

Hi Guys,

Sorry to re-ask the question, but is it normal not to have a CO assigned when you apply in person onshore for a 820 VISA? I do have the application receipt but till now never received a mail stating that I've been assigned a CO.

Just wondering if this is normal. I applied 1 month ago.

Cheers.
Old May 8th 2013, 7:52 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by cherni
Hi Guys,

Sorry to re-ask the question, but is it normal not to have a CO assigned when you apply in person onshore for a 820 VISA? I do have the application receipt but till now never received a mail stating that I've been assigned a CO.

Just wondering if this is normal. I applied 1 month ago.

Cheers.
You may well have a CO assigned. They donĂ½ send an email to say "hi, I'm your CO", they will only contact you if and when they want something. If you frontloaded the medical and pcc you may hear nothing until the visa is granted.
Old May 8th 2013, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

You may well have a CO assigned. They donĂ½ send an email to say "hi, I'm your CO", they will only contact you if and when they want something. If you frontloaded the medical and pcc you may hear nothing until the visa is granted.
Hi Pollyana! this is so funny... Today I got a call from the CO. Actually he called me because my wife (applicant) was offshore. He just asked when she was back because the VISA was decision ready (less than a month!!!!!) and my Wife didn't reply his emails.

I told him she is back next week and he kindly asked me to call back when she is back. It looks like the emails never got to her although they have the correct address (warning here).

A couple of things:

1.- No medicals or Police certificate were requested (she comes from a PMV Visa)
2.- Frontloaded in person in Melbourne with all required docs.
3.- Since my wife had to travel ASAP due to a family urgency, we got tha BVA and inmediatelly applied for a BVB (just in case).

He did mention she will ask her to fill a 1005 form, but honestly I dunno why, since she has a BVB granted. Anyway, That is the story... fastest 820 VISA EVER!
Old May 8th 2013, 8:10 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by cherni
Hi Pollyana! this is so funny... Today I got a call from the CO. Actually he called me because my wife (applicant) was offshore. He just asked when she was back because the VISA was decision ready (less than a month!!!!!) and my Wife didn't reply his emails.

I told him she is back next week and he kindly asked me to call back when she is back. It looks like the emails never got to her although they have the correct address (warning here).

A couple of things:

1.- No medicals or Police certificate were requested (she comes from a PMV Visa)
2.- Frontloaded in person in Melbourne with all required docs.
3.- Since my wife had to travel ASAP due to a family urgency, we got tha BVA and inmediatelly applied for a BVB (just in case).

He did mention she will ask her to fill a 1005 form, but honestly I dunno why, since she has a BVB granted. Anyway, That is the story... fastest 820 VISA EVER!
Thats quite likely they wouldn't need meds or pcc then, coming from a PMV.
Very quick, lets hope others follow just as quickly - although its not the fastest ever as they used to be granted on the spot over the counter! (ohhh those were the days!)

Congratulations anyway!!!!
Old May 8th 2013, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Thats quite likely they wouldn't need meds or pcc then, coming from a PMV.
Very quick, lets hope others follow just as quickly - although its not the fastest ever as they used to be granted on the spot over the counter! (ohhh those were the days!)

Congratulations anyway!!!!
Thanks!! Lets wait and see what happens when my wife is back

Still surprised

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.