Spouse Visa Thread continued - 2012-2014

Old Mar 20th 2013, 7:38 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Thread continued - 2012-2013

Originally Posted by cherni
Cheers mate!!! Thanks a million!
The other thing to remember is that when you apply for the temp spouse visa, your OH will be entitled to the full medicare card/benefits as opposed to the reciprocal health thingo. You'll just need to go into Medicare with evidence that you've applied for the visa (they'll put you on a bridging visa while the application is processed) and a copy of your marriage certificate and they should then send you out a temporary Medicare card. Don't let them fob you off saying that it's only after grant that you can get the card, as that is incorrect.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

cherni is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
The other thing to remember is that when you apply for the temp spouse visa, your OH will be entitled to the full medicare card/benefits as opposed to the reciprocal health thingo. You'll just need to go into Medicare with evidence that you've applied for the visa (they'll put you on a bridging visa while the application is processed) and a copy of your marriage certificate and they should then send you out a temporary Medicare card. Don't let them fob you off saying that it's only after grant that you can get the card, as that is incorrect.
Cool tip, btw, do you mind me asking how long did it take you to get the grant??
Old Mar 20th 2013, 11:00 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cherni
Cool tip, btw, do you mind me asking how long did it take you to get the grant??
This was a few years ago but it took from memory 4 months exactly for the temp spouse. I didn't hear a peep out of them between handing the application in and being granted the visa, so don't be too surprised if you don't hear back. The other thing to bear in mind is that the clock on your 2 years til PR starts ticking from when you submit the temp spouse visa application not from the date it is granted, so that is something at least!
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

Perthpilotandnurse will become famous soon enough

I've got a quick question about applying for 309/100 visa applications. The personal information that we submit as evidence of the genuine and continuing relationship is fairly extensive and obviously contains a large amount of sentimental stuff...... birthday cards, emails, photos etc. Will we get all that back or are they expecting us to copy all the cards onto paper ?

Thanks in advance

PPAN
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 2:41 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

Hi.
I copied the cards; front and inside and copied the photos straight off the computer (where they're stored). They're happy with that. I also kept some in reserve in case they ask for more proof.
Good luck!
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

Perthpilotandnurse will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Spouse Visa Thread continued - 2012-2013

Thanks very much Pincher, I was hoping you would say that.
We are pretty straightforward I think, apart from filing our application in the Middle east !! Not sure how long the process is from here but I guess there can't be too many applications done at this office !!

Good luck back
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

Fdev2907 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, I posted a few weeks back but just for info I lodged my Spouse visa via mail to the London office and it was delivered 18th March. Credit card charged 19th march and CO emailed me today 2nd April.

Letter states processing time is at least 8-9 months due to them receiving more applications than there are places on the family stream of the migration program. So it's medical and police check next in Manchester hopefully when I call them tomorrow!

Just to give people a guideline!
Old Apr 18th 2013, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

ukaussi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to all from sunny California...

Yes, a British expat who is also an Aussie and Yank (on paper ) !!

Anyways, we decided to move to Oz earlier this year and been doing all the paperwork etc. Wife and kids are all US born and US citizens.

- renewed my Australian Passport
- sent off for my 2 daughters (under 16) Australian citizenship by descent this week.
- will then go get their passports
- just starting the visa application for wife (17 years last week) and just came across the AU$2600 cost

My initial question:
- as my daughters will both be Australian citizens with passports do they need to be includined in her 47SP as depenedants migrating with her?
Old Apr 18th 2013, 4:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukaussi
Hi to all from sunny California...

Yes, a British expat who is also an Aussie and Yank (on paper ) !!

Anyways, we decided to move to Oz earlier this year and been doing all the paperwork etc. Wife and kids are all US born and US citizens.

- renewed my Australian Passport
- sent off for my 2 daughters (under 16) Australian citizenship by descent this week.
- will then go get their passports
- just starting the visa application for wife (17 years last week) and just came across the AU$2600 cost

My initial question:
- as my daughters will both be Australian citizens with passports do they need to be includined in her 47SP as depenedants migrating with her?
Welcome to BE

Yep, they need to be included as dependents on the forms, but they don't need visas (as you probably already know!)
The cost went up quite heavily a few months ago
Old Apr 18th 2013, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Welcome to BE

Yep, they need to be included as dependents on the forms, but they don't need visas (as you probably already know!)
The cost went up quite heavily a few months ago
Sorry, I should have specified more clearly.
Q-30 - do we need to answer yes or no on "Migrating with you?" as technically they could be travelling with me seperately and as Oz citizens they do not need visas.

Q-33 - I assume we select NO as both of us have to decide and I would put my info in that section?
Do I really need to fill out a statutory declaration etc? I assume if so I just state we are all migrating as a family together?

Also, a quite amusing question is 56 regarding if she is related to me which as they mention marriage I assume yes?!
Old Apr 18th 2013, 5:21 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Q-30 - do we need to answer yes or no on "Migrating with you?" as technically they could be travelling with me seperately and as Oz citizens they do not need visas.

Q-33 - I assume we select NO as both of us have to decide and I would put my info in that section?
Do I really need to fill out a statutory declaration etc? I assume if so I just state we are all migrating as a family together?

Also, a quite amusing question is 56 regarding if she is related to me which as they mention marriage I assume yes?!
The question might mean is your wife related to you biologically. In which case, it would be wise to tick 'no' (unless you're moving to Tasmania, where that would be quite acceptable)
Old Apr 18th 2013, 6:59 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

They are migrating with you, because they are moving with you. You need to include their details, and then you prove that they don't need visas by including their passport copies etc.

You put your details in as the other person giving permission, but no need for stat decs etc - its just one of those odd questions that they have to make fit as many scenarios as possible. The advantage of Spouse Visas is that they are still paper based. You can annotate the forms, scribble notes on etc - you can't do that with the skills visas which are online applications. Anything thats unclear you can just put "see attached" and add your own info

56 - no, you are in a relationship with her, which is answered in the question above, but not "related" to her,
Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
The question might mean is your wife related to you biologically. In which case, it would be wise to tick 'no' (unless you're moving to Tasmania, where that would be quite acceptable)
Tassie is where one of my brothers actually migrated to from the UK with his wife and kids
Old Apr 19th 2013, 3:43 am
Home and Happy

Tassie is where one of my brothers actually migrated to from the UK with his wife and kids
Lovely island, if I could get work there I'd move there tomorrow
Old Apr 20th 2013, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the info.

I think I am going to submit it with my 2 daughters US passport info and then send then Aussie certificate and then Aussie passport details as I get them. I don't want to hold off for 2 months whilst I get those as we would ideally want to move this sept/oct.

If they haven't decided by the time we want to move can we get a temporary visa so she can come with us to Aus and wait for a decision there or is it best to stay in the country you are applying from and where your CO is?
Maybe if I include a letter with what we are wanting to do in terms of timeframe and rough dates it would speed up the process

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.