Spouse Visa Thread continued - 2012-2014

Old Oct 26th 2012, 12:54 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

Originally Posted by jmm2905
Hi All. Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but have been playing the waiting game with DIAC.

I'm thrilled to say that my partner migration visa was approved yesterday! WOOHOO!

The processing time was just a smidge under 6 months. My CO at DIAC was incredibly helpful and always kept me in the loop on the progress.

I wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who provided much needed advice and guidance, without your knowledge, the forum would most certainly not exist.

For those still waiting on their applications, all I can say is be patient. As they say, no news is good news.

It was a great pleasure dealing with DIAC, unlike the British Home Office who should clearly learn a thing or two from the Aussies. As I'm now somewhat of an old hand at this, I'd be more than happy to also give my 2 cents worth.

Now the REAL hard work begins! Booking flights, giving notice on our rent, packing up and shipping stuff over to AUS etc. It sure is going to be worth it all in the end.
Congratulations - as you say, the real work starts now - have fun
Old Oct 27th 2012, 1:55 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmm2905
I'm thrilled to say that my partner migration visa was approved yesterday! WOOHOO!
Congratulations Good luck with the move! Make plenty of time for saying all your goodbyes and go visit any places you think you'll miss to store up some recent good memories

Enjoy your visa celebrations!
Old Oct 29th 2012, 8:44 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian.w
How do you know this?My wife's visa was submitted if i remember right about may also,with an agent,meds and police certs done about a month ago now which was the final thing needed after baby was born,now wondering how long it takes.
Spouse Visas from the UK are one of the few subclasses for which timelines can be predicted. However they can only give you a grant date once they have everything finalised. It then goes into a queue to wait for grant, as only a certain number can be granted each month.

UK timelines have been around 5-6 months for some time now.
Old Oct 31st 2012, 3:22 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

Query regarding dependent family member over 18 (Form 47A).
I have 2 step children aged 18 and 22. They both have dual citizenship and passports. Our 22 year old is independent and lives on her own, while my 18 year old still lives with us.
Both are still undecided as to whether or not they will emigrate with us.

As neither has to apply for a visa, do they still need to complete a form 47A?

Thanks, P.
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 8:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pincher
Query regarding dependent family member over 18 (Form 47A).
I have 2 step children aged 18 and 22. They both have dual citizenship and passports. Our 22 year old is independent and lives on her own, while my 18 year old still lives with us.
Both are still undecided as to whether or not they will emigrate with us.

As neither has to apply for a visa, do they still need to complete a form 47A?

Thanks, P.
They should not be involved in the application at all. They're citizens.
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 5:55 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
They should not be involved in the application at all. They're citizens.
Thx.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Jord w will become famous soon enough

Just received the email, Permanent visa granted for my wife

Lodged the 9th May 2012 - granted 7th November 2012

We found the process fairly easy after gathering info and proof. The paperwork was straight forward enough and the embassy are really good at replying to emails etc.

Holiday to Aus in 4 weeks to activate it

Thanks to everyone that helped answer a couple of questions and good luck to everyone that is going through this process!
Old Nov 7th 2012, 3:10 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jord w
Just received the email, Permanent visa granted for my wife

Lodged the 9th May 2012 - granted 7th November 2012

We found the process fairly easy after gathering info and proof. The paperwork was straight forward enough and the embassy are really good at replying to emails etc.

Holiday to Aus in 4 weeks to activate it

Thanks to everyone that helped answer a couple of questions and good luck to everyone that is going through this process!
Congratulations
Have a great holiday too!
Old Nov 13th 2012, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Just got the email from our agent that wife has been granted her visa.

Application lodged 21st may,granted 13 november 2012

We knew it was going to be granted but had to wait until the 21st nov so looks like they have done it sooner.

Happy days
Old Nov 14th 2012, 4:52 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian.w
Just got the email from our agent that wife has been granted her visa.

Application lodged 21st may,granted 13 november 2012

We knew it was going to be granted but had to wait until the 21st nov so looks like they have done it sooner.

Happy days
Congratulations!!

UK timeline is still around 6 months then, useful to know

Now get on and make the move!!!
Old Nov 14th 2012, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

Rose861 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

I submitted my Visa to the embassy in London on the 9th November and have got assigned a case officer today, but they are saying it's going to be AT LEAST 8 - 9 months for this to be processed.

Quite take aback as i was told previously it was a 5 -6 month wait.

Are they usually quite accurate with their processing times?
Old Nov 14th 2012, 1:49 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Rose861
Hi everyone,

I submitted my Visa to the embassy in London on the 9th November and have got assigned a case officer today, but they are saying it's going to be AT LEAST 8 - 9 months for this to be processed.

Quite take aback as i was told previously it was a 5 -6 month wait.

Are they usually quite accurate with their processing times?
8-9 months is what they quote as a standard. They even quoted that when SPouse Visas in London were only taking a week.
However for the last year or so consistent evidence on here is showing that in reality its generally 5-6 months
Old Nov 14th 2012, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

Rose861 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Pollyanna - that gives me some hope.
Old Nov 14th 2012, 2:31 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Rose861
Thanks Pollyanna - that gives me some hope.
Judging by previous recent applications, I'd say give it till around mid-February and then contact them if you've heard nothing, just a polite enquiry to see if they need any more paperwork, something like that. Be then you might find that they can give you a more accurate timeline for the grant
Old Jan 17th 2013, 9:16 am
Home and Happy

Default Re: Spouse Visa Thread continued - 2012-2013

I've split this thread up again - Spouse Visa Circle 2010-11 can be found here and this one now contains 2012 and will continue into this year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.