Spouse Visa Thread continued - 2012-2014

Old Jun 5th 2012, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

LizzieTYK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

Originally Posted by Jord w
My partner has now completed her medical and posted off the police check to the embassy

Let's see how long it takes now, must state that the communcation from her case officer as far as emails and replies is very good
I applied in March, got an email the day I after I put my application in saying current processing times are 5/6 months. I contacted my CO last week to enquire as to progress and she said it's still 5/6 months, so August/September for me. Sorry to dash any hopes you might have of a speedy turnaround!
Old Jun 7th 2012, 9:56 am
Just Joined

irelandsown is an unknown quantity at this point

I lodged my partner visa application subclass 820, front loaded with meds and police checks, on April 10th. I haven't been assigned a CO yet which is almost two months on. From reading this forum and others, it seems that people submitting outside australia get assigned a CO almost immediately. Does anyone know if it takes longer to be assigned a CO when applying in Australia?
Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irelandsown
I lodged my partner visa application subclass 820, front loaded with meds and police checks, on April 10th. I haven't been assigned a CO yet which is almost two months on. From reading this forum and others, it seems that people submitting outside australia get assigned a CO almost immediately. Does anyone know if it takes longer to be assigned a CO when applying in Australia?
If you frontloaded you may well have a CO. They usually only contact you if they want soemthing and if you have supplied everything then you may hear nothing from DIAC until the visa is granted
Old Jun 8th 2012, 4:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Courier has just collected our application

Well Immigration have just called my OH and told him to book a medical

She said that our application was 'a joy' as it was perfect, and decision ready

I did have to tell him to calm down, and that it was unlikely they would grant it in the next 2 weeks though

Medical booked for next Friday morning
Old Jun 8th 2012, 9:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Well Immigration have just called my OH and told him to book a medical

She said that our application was 'a joy' as it was perfect, and decision ready

I did have to tell him to calm down, and that it was unlikely they would grant it in the next 2 weeks though

Medical booked for next Friday morning
Woohoo!!!
Hopefully there isn't a queue here like there is in the UK
Old Jun 8th 2012, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Woohoo!!!
Hopefully there isn't a queue here like there is in the UK
Lets hope so I need him out working, or he may not live until it's granted
Old Jun 8th 2012, 10:57 am
Just Joined

irelandsown is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you frontloaded you may well have a CO. They usually only contact you if they want soemthing and if you have supplied everything then you may hear nothing from DIAC until the visa is granted
Ok great. Thanks. So no news is good news. Hopefully hear something soon. Tick tock.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 8:14 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Partner visa

Can anyone tell me what is the processing time on a partner visa please.
Thanks in advance xxx
Old Jun 10th 2012, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Default Re: Partner visa

Originally Posted by robos
Can anyone tell me what is the processing time on a partner visa please.
Thanks in advance xxx
http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/5.0.htm

Last edited by Wendy; Jun 10th 2012 at 8:45 am.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

belles is on a distinguished road

Hi
Got married to my Aussie OH last year and now I've been told I'm being made redundant we can zoom forward on the move to Australia. We've been collating stuff over the eight years we've been together as he's always known he'd like to go back and we have evidence of being de facto for six years. So we have a nice chunk of paperwork for the application....in fact, we may have to do a bit of weeding on the social context section ie emailed invitations from friends, all the travelling we've done together and printouts of photos that back up both. All covered on the other aspects I think.

Anyway, I'm a bit confused after having read some things don't need to be certified (before we shell out for a notary next week, especially when I've found a JP who will certify for free this Thursday - 14th) I rather thought all copies of passports needed to be certified, as does a copy of OH's first marriage certificate and decree nisi. And I had assumed the statements needed to be certified as well but seems that they don't?

Any clarification much appreciated. We have a deadline of Tues next week for submission cos we'll be on holiday when they put up the price again on 1st July!

He's most relieved they've changed the bit on the sponsor visa about supporting the spouse as it's slightly balanced the other way in our household :-)

Thanks very much
Old Jun 12th 2012, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by belles
Hi
Got married to my Aussie OH last year and now I've been told I'm being made redundant we can zoom forward on the move to Australia. We've been collating stuff over the eight years we've been together as he's always known he'd like to go back and we have evidence of being de facto for six years. So we have a nice chunk of paperwork for the application....in fact, we may have to do a bit of weeding on the social context section ie emailed invitations from friends, all the travelling we've done together and printouts of photos that back up both. All covered on the other aspects I think.

Anyway, I'm a bit confused after having read some things don't need to be certified (before we shell out for a notary next week, especially when I've found a JP who will certify for free this Thursday - 14th) I rather thought all copies of passports needed to be certified, as does a copy of OH's first marriage certificate and decree nisi. And I had assumed the statements needed to be certified as well but seems that they don't?

Any clarification much appreciated. We have a deadline of Tues next week for submission cos we'll be on holiday when they put up the price again on 1st July!

He's most relieved they've changed the bit on the sponsor visa about supporting the spouse as it's slightly balanced the other way in our household :-)

Thanks very much
Hi Belles and welcome

You are correct that passports and any official documents like birth,marriage and divorce certs need to be certified but your personal statements do not. We just signed and dated these. However, the Form 888 statements from Aussie family and friends do need to be certified as do their passport photo pages.

Good luck with your application - sounds like you'll have more than enough evidence after 8 years together
Old Jun 12th 2012, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

belles is on a distinguished road

Thanks Mazza I certainly hope so !

Phew, that means we can work on the statements over the weekend, when we've had a bit more sleep and our brains are working

Am presuming some people, when referring to joint statements, are doing a statement together about the nature of the household and sharing of bills/liabilities as not seen anything on the partner migration info about a joint one?

Only other thing we have to write is OH needs to attach a statement outlining how he will meet sponsorship obligations seeing as he's currently resident outside Australia. Luckily his mum has written on the 888 that she's happy to meet any costs and know we'll pay her back....
Old Jun 13th 2012, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by belles
Thanks Mazza I certainly hope so !

Phew, that means we can work on the statements over the weekend, when we've had a bit more sleep and our brains are working

Am presuming some people, when referring to joint statements, are doing a statement together about the nature of the household and sharing of bills/liabilities as not seen anything on the partner migration info about a joint one?

Only other thing we have to write is OH needs to attach a statement outlining how he will meet sponsorship obligations seeing as he's currently resident outside Australia. Luckily his mum has written on the 888 that she's happy to meet any costs and know we'll pay her back....
We did separate statements for each of the sections and then compared notes to check we were singing from the same hymn sheet. Predictably my OH's statements were much briefer but highlighted the same key messages. We had a laugh reading each other's statements especially when I described our relationship in quite romantic terms - OH wasn't amused by this level of detail - ruined his macho image apparently

In the financial section and re sponsorship obligations, my OH emphasised how he has never been out of work for long periods and on moving to the UK gained employment quickly. He detailed his work history, qualifications and sent copies of degree certificates etc to try and illustrate his employability and his optimism around getting employment quickly on arrival in Oz. I did the same. Also his parents, like your OH's Mum, stated that they were willing to put us up and support us until we secured work - let's hope that this won't be a for a long period of time for the sake of everyone's sanity :-).
Old Jun 14th 2012, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Katarina222 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie

Hi everyone..
Am new here but having spent a few nights reading all your posts i have to say "wow" you lot are a mind of invaluable help and sooooo positive.
Me and my fella have finally decided to hopefully move over to Oz.(WA)
He`s Australian born, Australian citizen but has lived in the Uk since he was a kid. Im UK citizen (Welsh) and we have been together 3 1/2 years and living together 8 months, although as i moved into his house not much proof of joint bills etc as i have just been paying cash to him(will this be a problem?).
We`ve had a holiday to Oz and got proof of our past history.
I assume i apply for the de-facto visa?
Should this be pretty straight forward?
Any info would be great.
Please be kind its my first day, and am slightly nervous as this is my first step on what seems to be quite a stressful journey.
xx
Old Jun 14th 2012, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: Newbie

Originally Posted by Katarina222
Hi everyone..
Am new here but having spent a few nights reading all your posts i have to say "wow" you lot are a mind of invaluable help and sooooo positive.
Me and my fella have finally decided to hopefully move over to Oz.(WA)
He`s Australian born, Australian citizen but has lived in the Uk since he was a kid. Im UK citizen (Welsh) and we have been together 3 1/2 years and living together 8 months, although as i moved into his house not much proof of joint bills etc as i have just been paying cash to him(will this be a problem?).
We`ve had a holiday to Oz and got proof of our past history.
I assume i apply for the de-facto visa?
Should this be pretty straight forward?
Any info would be great.
Please be kind its my first day, and am slightly nervous as this is my first step on what seems to be quite a stressful journey.
xx
Hi Katarina and welcome

Your first port of call should be the immigration website to ascertain whether you are eligible for a de facto visa. You can access the relevant page via this link
http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/part...ty-defacto.htm
It does say that "You and your partner must have been in a de facto relationship for the entire 12 months immediately prior to lodging your application." so you would require to have the evidence to prove this.

We didn't have much in the way of joint bills but we had lots of correspondence addressed to us individually but at the same address. We also opened a joint bank account to start saving for the move to Oz so we were able to provide details of this. We could also demonstrate regular payments from my partner's bank account to mine to pay for his share of household bills. I found the process straightforward but very time consuming to gather and organise the evidence.

If you find out you are eligible for the de facto visa, you should read through this thread in its entirety (if you've got a few spare hours!!!) as it's full of useful hints and tips. Several posters have provided lists of evidence they submitted which you may also find helpful.

Good Luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.