Spouse Visa Thread continued - 2012-2014

Old Mar 19th 2012, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

Originally Posted by Rljacobs
Hi guys, more advice needed please lol

I'm hoping that OH will be able to get spouse visa 100 straight away as we will have been together over 3 years at time of application. Trouble is, I've only been able to get council tax forms stating our names and address from 2009. I've been sent one dated July 2009 and others dotted around 2009/10. So far these are the only 'official' forms I've got with both our names on, (electricity and gas have been useless) but they're all of the same kind, if you know what I mean. I'm really keen for him to get the permanent visa straight off as it will solve a lot of hassle 2 years down the line.
My question is, are these 4 council forms going to be enough to prove that we have been in a relationship/known each other since July 2009 and hence allow him to be considered for the 100 visa?

Thank you again
i would be very surprised! (but stranger things happen!) Have u been together or living together for that time? my son and his partner been together for over 4 years (lived together for 2 1/2 years) and his partner still gotta wait out the 2 years!
Old Mar 19th 2012, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

LizzieTYK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jmm2905
Hi All
My Aussie fiance and I are almost finished gathering and compiling our application for the subclass 309 and 100 De Facto spouse visa. So far what we have put together looks like a novel due to be handed into the publishers, it's so thick!

So what we gathered up to date is as follows:

* Gas and electricity bills, both in joint names
* Joint current account statements
* Joint savings account statements
* Joint home insurance and other utility bills
* Heaps of stat decs (888) from Aussie friends and family and equal amount from non Aussie friends / family
* Certified copies of passports etc
* Photographs scanned onto A4 pages
* Completed forms from OH and myself

We're both yet to complete our statements detailing the history of our relationship. To be honest I am a little stumped with regards to what I should write, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
D
We submitted ours last week - woo-hoo! It sounds like you've got plenty of evidence, but if you can I'd also submit some more evidence to do with the 'social context' of your relationship rather than the pure financials - do you have any engagement party/wedding invitations addressed to the both of you, joint sports/season ticket/cinema membership?

The statements are difficult to begin with but just start writing - you can always edit them and cut out waffle later on. Use the visa booklet as a checklist of things you need to cover. Our statements were reasonably lengthy - 3 sides each (double spaced though). We each did one setting out how we met, when we fell in love, when we first moved in together, how we support each other emotionally, practically and financially (with examples), why we want to move to Oz, what we're planning to do when we get there etc. We wrote them ourselves so everything is in our own words, but then obviously checked them to eliminate any discrepancies

The joint one was also 3 sides, setting out how we split our finances, how we split the housework and general household 'admin', examples of different family and social events we've been to together over the years (ideally with cross-reference to evidence you've dug out e.g. wedding invitations), joint hobbies....

hope that helps a bit?

Last edited by LizzieTYK; Mar 19th 2012 at 6:54 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

LizzieTYK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by daunted
I agree - submit a complete application - notime for playing games holdingvstuff back that may or not be needed! My sons defacto submitted everything they had in one go - 4 months later (to the day) visa granted! :-)
Daunted that's a quick turnaround, gives me hope! Can I ask how long ago your son's defacto submitted?
Old Mar 19th 2012, 7:18 pm
Sun-seeker

Location: Currently in Cardiff, UK, but Brisbane-bound in September 2013!
Rljacobs is just really niceRljacobs is just really niceRljacobs is just really niceRljacobs is just really niceRljacobs is just really niceRljacobs is just really niceRljacobs is just really niceRljacobs is just really niceRljacobs is just really nice

Originally Posted by daunted
i would be very surprised! (but stranger things happen!) Have u been together or living together for that time? my son and his partner been together for over 4 years (lived together for 2 1/2 years) and his partner still gotta wait out the 2 years!
Yes, living together since summer 2009, together 4 years in April. I know they're a funny bunch but the DIAC website reckons it is possible. Who knows? We will also be married by the time the application is lodged so I'm crossing my fingers for it. It won't be the end of our world obviously, but it would be fab if it happened!
Old Mar 19th 2012, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Hi All

This is my first post since I joined the forum and have been reading all the posts on the Spouse Visa Circle thread. I must say that I've found the forum very interesting and packed with very useful information, so thanks to everyone for your contributions.

My Aussie fiance and I are almost finished gathering and compiling our application for the subclass 309 and 100 De Facto spouse visa. So far what we have put together looks like a novel due to be handed into the publishers, it's so thick!

So what we gathered up to date is as follows:

* Gas and electricity bills, both in joint names
* Joint current account statements
* Joint savings account statements
* Joint home insurance and other utility bills
* Heaps of stat decs (888) from Aussie friends and family and equal amount from non Aussie friends / family
* Certified copies of passports etc
* Photographs scanned onto A4 pages
* Completed forms from OH and myself

We're both yet to complete our statements detailing the history of our relationship. To be honest I am a little stumped with regards to what I should write, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've certainly spent a lot of time reading through the partner migration booklet, but was wondering if there's anything else that I might have missed out on or should submit with the application?

I've read on some of the threads that forum members have been advised not submit everything as DIAC may ask for more; however I would have thought that submitting everything would mean that DIAC don't ever need to request further information or am I wrong in assuming so?

Thanks again for all your advice and guidance
Hi and welcome to BE - it's a fab source of info. I also submitted all my evidence in one go and was successful in gaining PR. I agree with Lizzy that you appear to have gathered good quality evidence but should perhaps look out invitations or cards sent to you both. We even included envelopes (with post office date stamp) addressed to both of us. We also added holiday flight tickets and emails confirming hotel reservations with both our names listed. We also provided a sample of emails sent between us and mobile phone records showing calls and texts.
Re the personal statements, we wrote ours separately and then compared notes. I wrote about 3/4 of an A4 page for each of the 4 areas ie history of relationship, nature of household, social context and financial aspect. I found writing about nature of the household most challenging and it was the briefest of them all. We wrote about how we divide household chores and cooking, gardening, shopping etc and how well we work as a team. I also added a timeline of our relationship and a list of all the holidays we had taken together - this linked to ticket and email evidence and annotated photos. My OH wrote slightly less than me overall but it was still at least 1/2 of an A4 page for each area.
Good Luck with your application
Old Mar 19th 2012, 7:23 pm
Sun-seeker

Rljacobs is just really niceRljacobs is just really niceRljacobs is just really niceRljacobs is just really niceRljacobs is just really niceRljacobs is just really niceRljacobs is just really niceRljacobs is just really niceRljacobs is just really nice

Mazza, did you get the 100 visa straight off? Sorry, just re-read! Can I ask how long you have lived/ been together/ married your partner ?

Last edited by Rljacobs; Mar 19th 2012 at 7:25 pm. Reason: Oops
Old Mar 19th 2012, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Mazza, did you get the 100 visa straight off?
Yes I did! We had been living together for nearly 4 years at the time of application.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 7:39 pm
Sun-seeker

Originally Posted by Mazza12
Yes I did! We had been living together for nearly 4 years at the time of application.
So it is possible then, thats great! Did you get a MARA agent to check your application over before submitting or did you do it entirely on your own also, did it take long from submission to grant? Thanks!
Old Mar 19th 2012, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

So it is possible then, thats great! Did you get a MARA agent to check your application over before submitting or did you do it entirely on your own also, did it take long from submission to grant? Thanks!
We did it completely on our own - it's not difficult, just time consuming gathering and organising the evidence! It was exactly 5 months from application to grant in Feb 2011. Current processing times seem to be similar
Old Mar 19th 2012, 9:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi daunted

Thanks for the advice. I certainly would have thought the same. I'd rather provide DIAC with more evidence than with less, that way I don't need to be concerned about them requesting further info and if they did, I'd be somewhat miffed with them as I would've given them absolutely everyrthing they requested and possibly even a bit more!
My point is that many people on here have been asked for more info when they HAVE submitted everything - all their bills, lots of stat decs etc - then they come on here and are desperately seeking ideas of what more to send. years ago it was rare to see a "more proof of relationship needed" request, but in the last 2-3 years its become very common. All I suggest is that you send some bills, not all, get a couple of extra sta decs done, keeo back some of the invites and personal stuff.
Up to you of course, but it has become a common cry on here "we sent them everything, what do we do now?"
Old Mar 19th 2012, 9:08 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Current rules are that if you've been living togetehr (and can prove it) for three years, or two years if you have kids, then you get PR straight away.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 9:45 pm
Sun-seeker

Just scoured our old emails. Found lots of delivery notices to our address for both of us around the 2009 period, I think we might be ok along with the other bits we have so far. Also dug up a couple of really soppy even kinky (!) emails we sent to each other in 2008! Ahhh memories!
Old Mar 20th 2012, 9:37 am
Just Joined

jmm2905 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LizzieTYK
We submitted ours last week - woo-hoo! It sounds like you've got plenty of evidence, but if you can I'd also submit some more evidence to do with the 'social context' of your relationship rather than the pure financials - do you have any engagement party/wedding invitations addressed to the both of you, joint sports/season ticket/cinema membership?

The statements are difficult to begin with but just start writing - you can always edit them and cut out waffle later on. Use the visa booklet as a checklist of things you need to cover. Our statements were reasonably lengthy - 3 sides each (double spaced though). We each did one setting out how we met, when we fell in love, when we first moved in together, how we support each other emotionally, practically and financially (with examples), why we want to move to Oz, what we're planning to do when we get there etc. We wrote them ourselves so everything is in our own words, but then obviously checked them to eliminate any discrepancies

The joint one was also 3 sides, setting out how we split our finances, how we split the housework and general household 'admin', examples of different family and social events we've been to together over the years (ideally with cross-reference to evidence you've dug out e.g. wedding invitations), joint hobbies....

hope that helps a bit?
Hi Lizzie

You must be so relieved you've finally submitted yours. Have you been assigned a CO yet?

I did forget to mention that we also had a ton of birthday, Xmas, Valentines day cards as well as numerous wedding invitations. I'm going to get in touch with Ticketmaster as my OH and I attended a few international rugby matches as well as concerts etc, so hoping that they can provide me with a history of previous orders placed.

Thanks for the advice on the statements. I completely forgot that an additional joint statement would need to be written , although that should be the easiest to complete.

As I've read in other posts, the application is all about address, address, address; however we have included alot of other information including photos which gives a timeline of our travels together since we met, copies of flight confirmations and hotel bookings. As I mentioned, it's looks like a novel at the moment.

Were you able to front load your police and medical checks? I called to find out if I could make an appointment for the medical and was asked to to provide a MAP number which I don't have so they advised that I'd need this before calling to make an appointment. I'm just waiting for the police check to come back.

Once it's in, I guess it's then just playing the waiting game and hoping that DIAC are satisfied with the info provided.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 9:40 am
Just Joined

jmm2905 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
My point is that many people on here have been asked for more info when they HAVE submitted everything - all their bills, lots of stat decs etc - then they come on here and are desperately seeking ideas of what more to send. years ago it was rare to see a "more proof of relationship needed" request, but in the last 2-3 years its become very common. All I suggest is that you send some bills, not all, get a couple of extra sta decs done, keeo back some of the invites and personal stuff.
Up to you of course, but it has become a common cry on here "we sent them everything, what do we do now?"
Thanks for the advice Pollyana. I guess we could keep one or 2 bills back and a few stat decs and invites etc. Had it not been for the forumn, I'd have just submitted absolutely everything, but at the same time I feel like I don't want to keep anything back from DIAC. I guess it's also the CO you're assigned at the end of the day.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 12:42 pm
Home and Happy

Thanks for the advice Pollyana. I guess we could keep one or 2 bills back and a few stat decs and invites etc. Had it not been for the forumn, I'd have just submitted absolutely everything, but at the same time I feel like I don't want to keep anything back from DIAC. I guess it's also the CO you're assigned at the end of the day.
Yep, I agree, a lot will come down to the CO, and indeed back in the days when people like Moneypenny and I applied it was rare to see a request for extra info. I guess its not a question of keeping anything back, more having a bit of energy in reserve in case you have to go into extra time, if that makes sense!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.