Spouse Visa Thread continued - 2012-2014

Old May 10th 2012, 1:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

Originally Posted by Jord w
For my partners medical is it wise to get it done now if it will speed up the process before they ask for it? If so where can we use for it? My local GP?
It won't speed the process up. In the 'old' days you were encouraged to front load - do the meds up front and send them off with the application but that was when visas were turned round in a week. Now it's taking up to six months so you 'could' be left with no time to validate or move. Leave it until asked, same with the PCC.
Old May 10th 2012, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Jord w will become famous soon enough

Ok thanks for both replies and the link. I might email the 2 places in the midlands to get prices for the medical.
Old May 10th 2012, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Jord w will become famous soon enough

This morning we have had a request for the medical and PCC
Old May 10th 2012, 3:53 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jord w
This morning we have had a request for the medical and PCC
Excellent - nice & quick so far then
Old May 13th 2012, 6:15 am
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute
Default A few short form 47SP questions...

1. Questions 40 & 41.

I take it Q40 is answered YES if own kids are included in application. What about question 41, is that generally a NO and that the father should be listed here as well?

Is the statutory declaration mentioned needed if the father will also be... the sponsor of this application? If needed is there a template for this we could use?

2. Police checks - I understand that this only applied to the sponsor of the application and not the applicant, as the checklist only mentions conditions relating to the sponsor ("if sponsor has spent...", etc.).

3. Just how much info is needed for these "written statements"t to support that our relationship is valid? I mean we have been happily married for many years, have kids, is this really necessary? They need other people commenting about us? Should we at least write statements ourselves, or should we do this only if the CO decides he would like to know more?
Old May 13th 2012, 6:31 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A few short form 47SP questions...

Originally Posted by astera
1. Questions 40 & 41.

I take it Q40 is answered YES if own kids are included in application. What about question 41, is that generally a NO and that the father should be listed here as well?

Is the statutory declaration mentioned needed if the father will also be... the sponsor of this application? If needed is there a template for this we could use?

2. Police checks - I understand that this only applied to the sponsor of the application and not the applicant, as the checklist only mentions conditions relating to the sponsor ("if sponsor has spent...", etc.).

3. Just how much info is needed for these "written statements"t to support that our relationship is valid? I mean we have been happily married for many years, have kids, is this really necessary? They need other people commenting about us? Should we at least write statements ourselves, or should we do this only if the CO decides he would like to know more?
Question 40 is Yes if you have children requiring visas - if the children are already Australian then they are not included in the visa application.
41 - if your sponsor is the father of the children then you don't need a Stat Dec etc giving permission.
As the applicant you need your police checks for the application itself, then your sponsor (partner) needs police checks only if he/she meets the conditions in that checklist.
Doesn't matter how long you've been married, you need to do statements about your relationship, when/how you met, details of your shared lives etc - can be anything from 1/2 page onwards, just describing your lives together to prove that you are a couple in an ongoing relationship.
You akso need to include statements from friends/family about how they know you and that they believe you are in an ongoing relationship. If they are Aussies/PR they must use Form 888 and include proof of their visa/nationality.

Have a read through the Spouse Visa Circle, lots of info in there on the subject.
Old May 13th 2012, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

MadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really nice

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone had recently been granted their spouse visa and how long it actually took? I know the website is saying 6 months but just wondering what people's actual experiences were.

Thanks
Old May 13th 2012, 10:34 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by MadMuvva
Hi

I was just wondering if anyone had recently been granted their spouse visa and how long it actually took? I know the website is saying 6 months but just wondering what people's actual experiences were.

Thanks
Seems to be around five months in the UK at present, judging by recent posters
Old May 13th 2012, 12:20 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

1. Questions 40 & 41.

You have to provide written/typed statements both from you and your husband and from family and friends. Sadly they don't accept long term marriages and children alone as proof.

Last edited by moneypenny20; May 14th 2012 at 3:25 am.
Old May 13th 2012, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

BAgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Im currently in aus on a WHV which will expire in September, I'd like to apply for a defacto visa. I've been living with my Aussie partner since oct 2011 when he came to live with me in the UK.

Theres a few things I'm worried about when in the UK we did a bit of a sneaky and basically subletted the flat myself and a co worker were sharing so theres no evidence that he was properly on the lease also now we live in Aus but with his mum is that going to affect the application??

I'm so worried about trying to get everything together and having the right paperwork for immigration

any help would be greatly appreciated
Old May 14th 2012, 2:29 am

astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, will get that then to support the application process.

Will all applicants be asked for police checks? The site mentions that you don't need to have these when you apply, and that they will let know when it is required.

The reason I'm asking is that we leave for Europe next month so if I don't get the Singaporean one now then I won't be able to get it for a couple of months at least, which I think would then stall the entire application process...

Thing is DIAC needs to help me prove to the Singapore police that this is indeed needed as they no longer provide this service to non-citizens unless you make a written appeal...
Old May 14th 2012, 4:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Thanks, will get that then to support the application process.

Will all applicants be asked for police checks? The site mentions that you don't need to have these when you apply, and that they will let know when it is required.

The reason I'm asking is that we leave for Europe next month so if I don't get the Singaporean one now then I won't be able to get it for a couple of months at least, which I think would then stall the entire application process...

Thing is DIAC needs to help me prove to the Singapore police that this is indeed needed as they no longer provide this service to non-citizens unless you make a written appeal...
Everyone over the age of 16 has to provide PCCs for any country they have lived in for 12 months plus. You just need to supply Singapore Police Force with the PCC request letter from DIAC. http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/char...cter-penal.pdf - page 67. It takes (according to that link) about 3 weeks. You can do it before you leave and hope that the grant comes through giving you enough time to move, or you leave it until you get back and are asked. It won't stall the application. Your call.
Old May 14th 2012, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAgirl
Im currently in aus on a WHV which will expire in September, I'd like to apply for a defacto visa. I've been living with my Aussie partner since oct 2011 when he came to live with me in the UK.

Theres a few things I'm worried about when in the UK we did a bit of a sneaky and basically subletted the flat myself and a co worker were sharing so theres no evidence that he was properly on the lease also now we live in Aus but with his mum is that going to affect the application??
The main thing that will affect your application is that you don't seem to meet the requirement of 12 months living together similar to husband & wife. If you don't meet one of the situations where this may be waived, then you may need to consider doing 3 months "specified work" in regional Australia to be eligible for a 2nd WHV in order to extend the time you're living togther, and then apply for the de facto.
Old May 14th 2012, 5:06 am

Do our personal statements as well as the applications themselves (forms 47 and 40) have to be signed in the presence of the person receiving the application at the embassy? In short, does my wife need to file the application personally at the High Commission or can I go with all the documents?

As for certified copies of just about everything, I understand that I can take the originals to the HC, make copies there (they have a self-service machine), and have them sign/validate the copies on the spot so that I can complete the application?
Old May 14th 2012, 6:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Do our personal statements as well as the applications themselves (forms 47 and 40) have to be signed in the presence of the person receiving the application at the embassy? In short, does my wife need to file the application personally at the High Commission or can I go with all the documents?

As for certified copies of just about everything, I understand that I can take the originals to the HC, make copies there (they have a self-service machine), and have them sign/validate the copies on the spot so that I can complete the application?
The only documents that need certifying are the 888s being done by Australian citizens and copies of official documents. I'm guessing you're applying in Singapore, I don't know if they will agree to certify stuff. I think they expect you to have stuff certified before you go. Your 47 forms also don't need to be signed in front of them. If you are the Australian then your wife is the one applying. Whether you can take the paperwork for her I don't know. I would have assumed that she should be the one to do it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.