Wikiposts

September 2007 Applicants

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 11:38 pm
Jelly-Belly, tbh

FluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: September 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by Oz Rascal
Hi Emma,

Just noticed your timeline - have you had any feedback from your CO (or agent??) as to the status of yours? Would've thought you would've heard by now.

Good luck

Colin & Toni
I'm not even convinced we have a CO yet aswe've had NO contact whatsoever other than an automatically generated email in response to one of ours which stated our file was 'with a case manager who will contact us shortly'. That was mid-November. Most of our docs are set to met with a few still as required. We think we've provided everything we need to so we emailed on 8 Dec asking for confirmation that they had all they needed - no reply. I emailed again yesterday politely requesting a response to that email - I won't be holding my breath. Our meds were finalised at the end of November but on our checklist they still say 'further checking required' as they did when they changed over on 7 November. Getting a bit annoyed with it all now but I try not to get too upset as I'm sure it could be a lot worse - I could have (as planned) applied pre-sept for a start.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffieFaerie
I'm not even convinced we have a CO yet aswe've had NO contact whatsoever other than an automatically generated email in response to one of ours which stated our file was 'with a case manager who will contact us shortly'. That was mid-November. Most of our docs are set to met with a few still as required. We think we've provided everything we need to so we emailed on 8 Dec asking for confirmation that they had all they needed - no reply. I emailed again yesterday politely requesting a response to that email - I won't be holding my breath. Our meds were finalised at the end of November but on our checklist they still say 'further checking required' as they did when they changed over on 7 November. Getting a bit annoyed with it all now but I try not to get too upset as I'm sure it could be a lot worse - I could have (as planned) applied pre-sept for a start.
Emma

Good to see you positive still
What about giving them a call to see what is happening, you might get a bit more info speaking directly to someone, if you don't get an answer from your recent email.
However, I notice that there are still Septs without a CO so allocation of COs and dishing out of visas appears to be very random.

Good things come to those who wait (well, thats I keep telling myself)

Good luck

Sam
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

indalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really nice

CONGRATULATIONS TO VISA GRANTS!!!!

I'm also happy(ish) - finally got myself a CO!

However..... CO has asked for an Aussie PCC - we didn't apply for Aussie police checks cos not been here a year yet, only got our UK ones!

So, off to the Post Office tomorrow to apply for Aussie PCC!

Good luck to everyone else for this week

Louise xxx

(PS, I think I may owe someone a bar of Dairy Milk?!)
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

vunklawx will become famous soon enoughvunklawx will become famous soon enough

congratsssssssssssssssssssss!!!!

Originally Posted by joey847
Visa grant for me today!!!!!!!!!!!

Waouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuaaa!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indalo
CONGRATULATIONS TO VISA GRANTS!!!!

I'm also happy(ish) - finally got myself a CO!

However..... CO has asked for an Aussie PCC - we didn't apply for Aussie police checks cos not been here a year yet, only got our UK ones!

So, off to the Post Office tomorrow to apply for Aussie PCC!

Good luck to everyone else for this week

Louise xxx

(PS, I think I may owe someone a bar of Dairy Milk?!)

Brilliant news, Louise!!

Your on the last leg now, hope its not long for you.

Sam
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 12:09 am
Jelly-Belly, tbh

FluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sammy T
What about giving them a call to see what is happening, you might get a bit more info speaking directly to someone, if you don't get an answer from your recent email.
Yeah, we've tried calling in the past but we just keep getting the 'all our advisors are busy' message before getting cut off. Part of me feels that life is too short to spend hours trying to get through. I think I'll give them a few days to respond to yesterday's email - otherwise I'm worried we'll look like we're nagging or something. I'll let them have their long weekend of fun and give them a call on Tuesday.

We've got an aussie themed dinner this Saturday night (with flags and everything!) which we were going to extend to friends but it seems a little silly to do that pre-grant - bit dissapointed but hey-ho, it'll still be nice just the three of us. If there's any Lamingtons or Anzac biscuits left I'll send them onto you all.

Emma
x
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah, we've tried calling in the past but we just keep getting the 'all our advisors are busy' message before getting cut off. Part of me feels that life is too short to spend hours trying to get through. I think I'll give them a few days to respond to yesterday's email - otherwise I'm worried we'll look like we're nagging or something. I'll let them have their long weekend of fun and give them a call on Tuesday.

We've got an aussie themed dinner this Saturday night (with flags and everything!) which we were going to extend to friends but it seems a little silly to do that pre-grant - bit dissapointed but hey-ho, it'll still be nice just the three of us. If there's any Lamingtons or Anzac biscuits left I'll send them onto you all.

Emma
x
Yeah, probably a good idea to see if they answer your email first, hopefully you'll hear soon.

Australia Day - we were going to have a family celebration but I'm working nights so that messes it up a bit.
Where did you get the flags etc and what food are you going to do?

Sam
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

indalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really nice

Brilliant news, Louise!!

Your on the last leg now, hope its not long for you.

Sam
Thanks Sam,

Can't wait for PR, will mean so much to us,

Good luck for you too, hope you have some good news too this week

Louise xx
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Dont worry Emma, I'm sure you will get your visa soon if not I'll still be here so you won't be alone. I'm not even gunna look at this site for a few days as its making me depressed. Not having a go glad all these visa's are being granted but just feeling fed up.

Sorry who those who have been waiting longer than me but I'm just being a old whing bag.

Good luck for the visa grants and louise CO.

Tina
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 12:32 am
Jelly-Belly, tbh

Where did you get the flags etc and what food are you going to do?
I took a trip to the Australia Shop in Covent Garden when I was in London early January. Picked up some flag bunting, mini-flags, a Koala road sign and my best mate bought me my fetching cork hat (see avatar <<<). Also got some Arnott's BBQ Shapes, Tim Tams, Mint Patties, Violet Crumbles and some other bits but can't remember their names - but that's just for snacking!!!

My mum bought me a cookbook called 'Taste Australia' for Christmas, it has some excellent recipies but I'm gonna keep it simple and make some burgers - their recipe has Peanut Butter in it which sounds quite yummy. I'll also be baking a batch of Lamingtons as my husband gets really excited about them for some reason!!! No doubt there will be more but I haven't had chance to pick up the recipe book in ages!!!

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Not having a go glad all these visa's are being granted but just feeling fed up. Sorry who those who have been waiting longer than me but I'm just being a old whing bag.
If I'm honest that's exactly how I'm feeling but I desperately try never to let things get me down - really struggling at the moment though. I find chocolate helps.

Last edited by FluffieFaerie; Jan 23rd 2008 at 12:34 am.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

marksm3 is on a distinguished road

Emma , listen try ringing them and ask them if they could have a quick look to what your status is. i did and they were more than happy to help, i would do it Thursday night between 10.30 and 12.30 our time, It will be Friday there (end of working week) so if they are like us they will be in a good mood its friday. the chap i got was really good and helpfull.
the number i rang was for Adelaide skilled processing center found it on DIAC web site

let me know what they say
best of luck
Mark
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 1:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by marksm3
Emma , listen try ringing them and ask them if they could have a quick look to what your status is. i did and they were more than happy to help, i would do it Thursday night between 10.30 and 12.30 our time, It will be Friday there (end of working week) so if they are like us they will be in a good mood its friday. the chap i got was really good and helpfull.
the number i rang was for Adelaide skilled processing center found it on DIAC web site

let me know what they say
best of luck
Mark

Mark

Just a quick question - did you ring them before or after getting a CO, as when we spoke to them their answer to everything was "we cannot give you any information, you will have to wait until you have been allocated a CO and no, we do not know when that will be"

We are still worried about the docs we had to email but cannot get a straight answer from them!

Sam
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

Mark

Just a quick question - did you ring them before or after getting a CO, as when we spoke to them their answer to everything was "we cannot give you any information, you will have to wait until you have been allocated a CO and no, we do not know when that will be"

We are still worried about the docs we had to email but cannot get a straight answer from them!

Sam
hi sammy, i did phone them after i got a CO, i suppose that would make a difference, however surely if you have been asked to send more docs in then you must have a CO, as they are the only ones who make sure everything is there for a valid app., so i would try and give them a call.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

Mark

Sam
i know this sounds daft, but are you ringing the skilled processing center number on the web site, i may have just been lucky to get someone who was really cool on the phone. sorry could not be anymore help
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all

CONGRATULATIONS JOEY AND MARK ON GETTING YOUR VISA"S......FANTASTIC NEWS!!!

Good luck to all still waiting and hope you get visa's/case officers asap !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.