September 2007 Applicants

Old Oct 8th 2007, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of
Default Re: September 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
But I can't decide where to live!!!!!!!!!!!
Beth x
You could always buy a caravan and move around til you make you mind up.

ROTFLMAO

Trish
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:01 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Good idea....LOL.....just sold my caravan too
Beth x
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:12 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Trish
OH is a toolmaker... He thinks that Adelaide is going to be the best place for him as there's quite a bit of automotive, but, we're completely open, he earns a really good wage at the moment (he's been with the same company since he finished his apprenticeship in 1990) and they do really appreciate him and his skills... He couldn't find another job that pays the same locally.
Beth,
I know what you mean about not knowing where to go.. Tasmania seems very nice, and I am sure I could be very happy there, but our son would be a bit limited in his opportunities, so we've ruled that out, at least until he leaves home!!
I've filled the form 80's but I haven't uploaded them... (lazy!) I get on and do that this evening!
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by alipally
Hi Trish
OH is a toolmaker... He thinks that Adelaide is going to be the best place for him as there's quite a bit of automotive, but, we're completely open, he earns a really good wage at the moment (he's been with the same company since he finished his apprenticeship in 1990) and they do really appreciate him and his skills... He couldn't find another job that pays the same locally.
Beth,
I know what you mean about not knowing where to go.. Tasmania seems very nice, and I am sure I could be very happy there, but our son would be a bit limited in his opportunities, so we've ruled that out, at least until he leaves home!!
I've filled the form 80's but I haven't uploaded them... (lazy!) I get on and do that this evening!
Alli

You should google the car manufacturers and send your o/h cv off to them. I know holden are big in Melbourne but don't know about any of the others.

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Trish
Old Oct 8th 2007, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by scrum
Alli

You should google the car manufacturers and send your o/h cv off to them. I know holden are big in Melbourne but don't know about any of the others.

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Trish
Just thought I'd update you all.

O/H got his offer of employment letter this morning. Yessssssssssss

We are going to upload it tonight and forward it to our agent so he can forward it to our CO.

Watch this space...........

Trish
Old Oct 8th 2007, 12:38 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Think I'm going mad my post has disappeared...again... do I write drivel and it's moderated out????

Good news Trish, hope that it gets you there quicker!

Well must dash it's monday and I'm off to Cardiff!

I'll repeat what I wrote later, it's too much to do now, I have to get off my bum and go!
Old Oct 8th 2007, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by alipally
Think I'm going mad my post has disappeared...again... do I write drivel and it's moderated out????

Good news Trish, hope that it gets you there quicker!

Well must dash it's monday and I'm off to Cardiff!

I'll repeat what I wrote later, it's too much to do now, I have to get off my bum and go!
Thanks Ali.

Maybe Beth has put a hex on your posts LOL she really is a witch you know.

Trish
Old Oct 8th 2007, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

biggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Trish

Are you uploading the job offer to get the 5 extra MODL points or to see if it will speed up your application?

Andy
Old Oct 8th 2007, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by biggles7374
Hi Trish

Are you uploading the job offer to get the 5 extra MODL points or to see if it will speed up your application?

Andy
Biggles

To see if it will speed up our application. Luckily we don't need the extra points and I honestly don't think having extra would make a difference to the application anyway.

If they ask for 100 points and you have 120 I really don't think having the extra 20 points would benefit you. Having said that, I don't work for DIAC so I don't know for definite.

Trish
Old Oct 8th 2007, 6:17 pm
Jelly-Belly, tbh

FluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all - just got back from a looooong w/end in Spain! Gorgeous weather over there at the moment! Anyhoo, was expecting to see some CO announcements on the thread and was dissapointed not to see any but I notice vgenburgos has got his/her CO on the timeline today... Ali, I think they've forgotten about you Finger's crossed for you for tomorrow!
Old Oct 8th 2007, 8:54 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Hey. No changes on my end, medicals still show as 'referred', no communications from DIAC and no response to my query about supplementing a job offer. Will disappear for a few days, no access to i-net.
Cheers.
NJ
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:58 pm
Ping pong PoM

Hi Andy!
Glad to see you have your beady eyes on the rest of us Sept applicants!!

I read from the other threads that 90% of the CO's are working on the old 136 Visa's so if I don't get a CO soon I can blame it on the pre sept applicants for taking all the resources!!!
I think I said that it would probably be OK to apply for jobs while we were waiting, but I have been somewhat discouraged by reading other's experience of no reply until they had a grant letter. It seems unfair to wave an experienced toolmaker under anyone's nose if they're not going to get a visa grant!!!
I'm hearing what you're saying though, and I guess it's nothing ventured, nothing gained!
Old Oct 9th 2007, 6:31 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Well our medicals arrived safely at LCU yesterday thanks to DHL.....only took 4 days too!!!
Beth x
Old Oct 9th 2007, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

moderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nice

Hi Beth

That's great, join the queue!

I was wondering last night if maybe this first bit has moved quickly so that they have all the information but then they might put us aside to process earlier applicants to be fair? Until that first visa is granted we won't know how long the whole process takes. A straightforward paper application has been known to go through in 4 months so it could be the norm? What do you think?

Carla x
Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:26 am
Make it happen!!!!

Guess we are all waiting to see what happens next
Has NJ heard any more about his medicals being referred?
Beth x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.