September 2007 Applicants

Old Oct 9th 2007, 9:37 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: September 2007 Applicants

If you are paying an agent, then get them to explain exactly what they want you to do... the DIAC won't speak to you, only your agent, (there's a part on the form saying they are dealing with it for you)
Then, do exactly as they ask... I'm not sure that an email from you directly will be appropriate and might not be acknowledged.

It's best to get clarification from your agent... that's what you're paying all that money out for, them to take up the slack and manage your application!

Still no news for me today... no CO as yet Still feeling pretty miserable and need to get on with my presentation for job interview tomoz!

Ali x
Old Oct 9th 2007, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Ali

Hope your feeling a little better???????

Has anyone got any news today?

I don't - just wondering about the rest of us.

Trish
Old Oct 9th 2007, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

moderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nice

Hi

Nothing new to report here, but it isn't even a week since my CO letter! Don't want to seem unreasonable but don't they know how it is killing us all!!!!!!

I suppose all I am waiting for now is all the documents on the checklist to say "Met" as opposed to "Requested".

Nothing your end Trish?

Carla x
Old Oct 10th 2007, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by carla-trev
Hi

Nothing new to report here, but it isn't even a week since my CO letter! Don't want to seem unreasonable but don't they know how it is killing us all!!!!!!

I suppose all I am waiting for now is all the documents on the checklist to say "Met" as opposed to "Requested".

Nothing your end Trish?

Carla x
No Carla - no news yet - gnashing of teeth going on here. We really need to be there by December but we honestly can't book a shipping date or arrange flights before the visa comes through. I know Marks job will wait but I have visions of us arriving in Melbourne airport on Christmas Eve - LOL not a pretty sight I can tell you.

Trish
Old Oct 10th 2007, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

moderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nice

Hi Trish

Why do you need to be there by Xmas - have you got family/friends over there you plan to spend it with?

Like you say, you can't plan anything until you know. What if we don't get them by Xmas? Will you go anyway for a holiday?

Carla x
Old Oct 10th 2007, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Trish

Why do you need to be there by Xmas - have you got family/friends over there you plan to spend it with?

Like you say, you can't plan anything until you know. What if we don't get them by Xmas? Will you go anyway for a holiday?

Carla x
Carla

We need to try and get there in December because Mark accepted a job offer this week and the start date is December. Obviously we don't have an actual date because we need to wait for the visas but the company want him out there soon after the visas are issued.

They sent over a contract which he has signed and returned but we have alos copied it to our CO in hope it might speed things up for us.

If we were to go on a holiday Mark would not be able to start work and we would have to leave the country again to get the visas validated. It's a waiting game for us I'm afraid.

I do have a brother in Melbourne but I know he has friends coming from Xmas - it was arranged last year - so we won't be spending it with him - I think he had enough of us last Christmas LOL . We could go to Marks family in Sydney but that will depend on work. I'd actually quite like to just spend it on our own - just us and the kids would be nice and calm with no stress involved except shopping for Santa.

Trish
Old Oct 10th 2007, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

Oh, I see.

Fingers crossed for you then! I think that if they see that offer letter though, surely they will make sure your visas are issued by that date? Unless it is deemed that you are too dodgy!!!!!

Carla x
Old Oct 10th 2007, 12:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scrum
Carla

We need to try and get there in December because Mark accepted a job offer this week and the start date is December. Obviously we don't have an actual date because we need to wait for the visas but the company want him out there soon after the visas are issued.

They sent over a contract which he has signed and returned but we have alos copied it to our CO in hope it might speed things up for us.

If we were to go on a holiday Mark would not be able to start work and we would have to leave the country again to get the visas validated. It's a waiting game for us I'm afraid.

I do have a brother in Melbourne but I know he has friends coming from Xmas - it was arranged last year - so we won't be spending it with him - I think he had enough of us last Christmas LOL . We could go to Marks family in Sydney but that will depend on work. I'd actually quite like to just spend it on our own - just us and the kids would be nice and calm with no stress involved except shopping for Santa.

Trish

Trish,

We are hoping to go to Melbourne Xmas / New Year too!

Have you looked at accomodation? As it is summer hols and Xmas things seem to be booking up pretty quickly.

Do you use the Britvic forum at all as that has some good links.

You never know we might see you there

Lau x
Old Oct 10th 2007, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh, I see.

Unless it is deemed that you are too dodgy!!!!!

Carla x
Damn - my secret is out. :curse::curse:

Trish
Old Oct 10th 2007, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Reedy
Trish,

We are hoping to go to Melbourne Xmas / New Year too!

Have you looked at accomodation? As it is summer hols and Xmas things seem to be booking up pretty quickly.

Do you use the Britvic forum at all as that has some good links.

You never know we might see you there

Lau x
Lau

We're not going to look into accommodation until we arrive. We will have company accommodation for a few weeks after we arrive anyway so at least the most difficult part is covered.

We've been twice before so we're fairly clued up on what to expect housing wise as we intend to rent until we decide for definate where to live.

As to Britvic, yes I've been on there for a good year or so now. You should have a look at Micheles Victoria page if you haven't already. I have some bits and pieces on Melbourne that may be of use to you. If you PM me with your email I'll send them on.

Trish
Old Oct 10th 2007, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

allthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sinurt
Hi Jacky,
We wanted the meds out of way too so I phoned to book and luckily she fitted us in then so I took it - with winter coming up there are big queues for flu jabs which the nurse does but we need to see the nurse too to get the blood samples taken so glad I phoned!!
I've also just put the house on the market too as market is really slow here (i'm in Northern Ireland), had our first viewing last night!!
Fingers crossed we are hoping to be heading to Adelaide next April/ May time - provided everything goes through in time!! Where are you hoping to head for?

Sinead
Hi Sinead, we are also planning on heading to Adelaide with a possible arrival time of June/July.

Housing market is a little slow here too (North East England) and we have had the house up for sale since July and only had one viewing so far. The people that came to have a look were very keen and then some problems popped up with Northern Rock and they backed off! Ah well, things will happen soon. We have allowed upto a year for it to sell so not panicking yet!

There are seven of us in total, me 37, John 37, four boys and one littl girl ranging from 13 down to 19 months so our flight is going to be fun eh!

Hubby passed tra as general electrician, but he is multi skilled with electronics, electrical and mechanical work experience.

Good luck with things and I hope your house sells soon

Jacky xx
Old Oct 10th 2007, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

posh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the rough

Hi All,

Well my hubby received his bank statment and the money for the immi dept has gone out. Is that good !!!!!!!! Ive rang the centre to sort out meds for end of month. Exited. Not got a CO though. What does all this mean.

Diane
Old Oct 10th 2007, 8:00 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Diane....good news that DIAC have taken your money
A few weeks time and you should have a Case Officer.......then the fun really begins
Beth x
Old Oct 10th 2007, 8:03 am
Jelly-Belly, tbh

FluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of light

Diane, you should get yourself added to this timeline:

http://www.freespaces.com/britishexpats/Sept07.html

Only 1 CO allocated this week so far... quite dissapointing - maybe tomorrow, eh?!

We've got our Meds tomorrow, wish us luck!!!

Last edited by FluffieFaerie; Oct 10th 2007 at 8:07 am.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by allthejs
Hi Sinead, we are also planning on heading to Adelaide with a possible arrival time of June/July.

Housing market is a little slow here too (North East England) and we have had the house up for sale since July and only had one viewing so far. The people that came to have a look were very keen and then some problems popped up with Northern Rock and they backed off! Ah well, things will happen soon. We have allowed upto a year for it to sell so not panicking yet!

There are seven of us in total, me 37, John 37, four boys and one littl girl ranging from 13 down to 19 months so our flight is going to be fun eh!

Hubby passed tra as general electrician, but he is multi skilled with electronics, electrical and mechanical work experience.

Good luck with things and I hope your house sells soon

Jacky xx
Hi Jacky,
5 kids - my wee boy was 19months when we went to Brisbane in April and he was thankfully really good on the flights but i was dreading flying with just the one!!! I'm sure it will be fine though, plenty to keep them occupied.

Have you been looking into any particular areas in Adelaide? We've never been there but have been looking around south adelaide but I guess we'll never know till we get there.

Good luck with your house selling too
Sinead

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.