September 2007 Applicants

Old Oct 9th 2007, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of
Default Re: September 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by Tintsexpert
Afternoon everyone, hope you all ok, had an email yesterday asking me to up load additional info, it was the checklist from the application form. Well the only thing we have'nt put on is the meddical & police checks!
So do they want us to book the meds?
so I tried ringing this morning, what a task that is, spent 2 & 1/2 hrs in a que!
Oh well the joys of migration
Cheers everyone
I agree with Biggles Tints. Arrange your meds and pccs now.

Trish
Old Oct 9th 2007, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
OMG.......my sister got her visa today!!!!!!!! She applied for a 136 MODL paint sprayer.....in February.
Her medicals arrived at LCU on 27th August........and 6 weeks later she got it!!!!!!
Feeling much more positive about our process now.....WOO HOO!!!!!!
Beth x x
Beth

Big congrats to your sis. Bet your feeling better now.

Trish
Old Oct 9th 2007, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by vgenburgos
Hi - we applied online on the 14th September, and have got a reference number and case officer on our request for more information letter (never received an acknowledgement letter) - on the letter it says scanned documents must be emailed and gives the address and info to put in email, reading this I assumed the scanned documents had to be emailed - but agent seems to think they can just be attached to the online application just as the other documents originally were - does this work does anyone know? I wondered how the case office gets notified if new documents are attached.

I agree with Carla, email and upload them. That way you are covered for every eventuality.

Best of luck.

Trish
Old Oct 9th 2007, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by allthejs
Hi Sinead, we aren't sure on whether to book meds or not. Part of me wants them out of the way before christmas so we can then have a drink over the festive time! and then another part of me is dreading them just in case something is wrong

where abouts are you planning on going? Any idea on when you are ideally wanting to be out there? We were looking at maybe next June/July time but we have to sell the house first!

Jacky xx
Hi Jacky,
We wanted the meds out of way too so I phoned to book and luckily she fitted us in then so I took it - with winter coming up there are big queues for flu jabs which the nurse does but we need to see the nurse too to get the blood samples taken so glad I phoned!!
I've also just put the house on the market too as market is really slow here (i'm in Northern Ireland), had our first viewing last night!!
Fingers crossed we are hoping to be heading to Adelaide next April/ May time - provided everything goes through in time!! Where are you hoping to head for?

Sinead
Old Oct 9th 2007, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Tintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by allankate
Hi Jacky, I would at least see what the current appointment times are like for the panel Dr you intend to use. Also find out who they work with for Xrays and bloods, we booked our medical on the 12th September and the first available appt was 26th October!, plus our Xrays and bloods had to be done 2 weeks before hand so that the Dr could include them in his medical report.

So if you are going to wait before doing meds at least check out the timescales beforehand in case you end up disappointed further down the line.

Allan

Hi Allan, the docs can get us in within a week, & they tie up with the private hospital that do the x-ray's, we just dont want to be a bit previous if you know what I mean.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 5:50 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scrum
Well NJ - any news yet?

Trish
Nothing new to report. When I phoned them end of last week, the operator said the medicals have cleared, although the system does not reflect that- one change I noticed is that on the detail page the medical forms show as "Met" but on the main page they still say referred. Do not really know what it means TBH.

Also the operator said he can not transfer me to the CO. I had a quite specific inquiry about an internal transfer to Oz inside my own organization - they basically need a start date from me. All I heard back was just wait, "external agencies" are not under their control and the job offer would not make any difference anyway.

NJ
Old Oct 9th 2007, 6:31 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys....

Feeling very sorry for myself today

Had a tooth out that had an abcess on it... the whole thing was disintegrating in my mouth Loads of anaesthetic and it still hurt... I've felt awful ever since too.
Son's school phoned while I was in there and left a message saying that he'd taken a phone call in class and told them his aunt was in hospital and he was going home!!. So, then I had to phone him to make him go back!

Went home took pain killers and slept on sofa until about 15 minutes ago!

Then I've just read that somebody who applied on the 14th has a CO

Why me????

I'm not begrudging anyone (Congratulations btw!) but I'm really p*ssed that I still don't have one!
Old Oct 9th 2007, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by alipally
Hi guys....

Feeling very sorry for myself today

Had a tooth out that had an abcess on it... the whole thing was disintegrating in my mouth Loads of anaesthetic and it still hurt... I've felt awful ever since too.
Son's school phoned while I was in there and left a message saying that he'd taken a phone call in class and told them his aunt was in hospital and he was going home!!. So, then I had to phone him to make him go back!

Went home took pain killers and slept on sofa until about 15 minutes ago!

Then I've just read that somebody who applied on the 14th has a CO

Why me????

I'm not begrudging anyone (Congratulations btw!) but I'm really p*ssed that I still don't have one!
I know how you feel Ali. I had a tooth out last week and it hurt like hell both at the time and for days after.

Don't worry about getting your CO I'm sure it will happen for you soon.

Everyone is entitled to a bad day, especially with going through this process and trying to keep life a little normal and it's even harder when you don't feel well and are in pain.

Take some pain killers and have an early night tonight, tomorrow is another day and who knows it could turn out to be your CO day.

Chin up girl, it has to happen soon.

Trish
Old Oct 9th 2007, 7:53 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Trish,

I'm off to my bed now, and I'm taking another lot of strong painkillers!

feeling very sorry for myself.... and I have a job interview, that I have to prepare for on Thursday, a presentation on something that excites me! ( can I do it on sleep and a pain free life???)

Off to bed for me I think!
Old Oct 9th 2007, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by alipally
Thanks Trish,

I'm off to my bed now, and I'm taking another lot of strong painkillers!

feeling very sorry for myself.... and I have a job interview, that I have to prepare for on Thursday, a presentation on something that excites me! ( can I do it on sleep and a pain free life???)

Off to bed for me I think!
Ali

Worry about Thursday tomorrow. For now just head to bed and pamper yourself and feel sorry for yourself all you want. Everyone deserves some "me" time and I think it's your turn.

Nite nite

Trish
Old Oct 9th 2007, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

vgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to all

Following on from my post about requested documents just attaching online as opposed to emailing, one of the requests is for four passport photos with name written on the back. So I have the four passport photos and the agent says I can just scan them and they can be attached to the online application (agent seems to think don't need to email scans as instructed in the letter, but this I find a bit odd as from what I have seen of the document attachment part of the online form there is no notification when you attach documents to the Case Officer - agent doesnt seem to directly answer my questions about the process, maybe I should just chill and let them get on with it - starting to wish I had done the online application myself. Maybe is just because I am one of these people who likes to follow instructions and always reads manuals). Anyway anyone know what they do with these passport photos, seems really weird you can scan them?
Old Oct 9th 2007, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

moderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nicemoderndaytravellers is just really nice

Hi

I thought it was strange too, what's the point of writing on the back if you only scan the front and there is no point scanning the back because it could be anything on the front! (If that makes sense!!!!). I just scanned the photos though because they requested it, thought that was better than not!

Again, like I said before do both. Send everything by email and attach it to your online application - that way you have covered all bases and your application will be brought to their attention by the email. Have you got the email address to send supporting documents or is your agent dealing with all this?

I hope you get it all sorted, I am the same as you, like knowing what I am doing, being in control reading instruction manuals etc!!!! How sad are we?????

Carla
Old Oct 9th 2007, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by vgenburgos
Following on from my post about requested documents just attaching online as opposed to emailing, one of the requests is for four passport photos with name written on the back. So I have the four passport photos and the agent says I can just scan them and they can be attached to the online application (agent seems to think don't need to email scans as instructed in the letter, but this I find a bit odd as from what I have seen of the document attachment part of the online form there is no notification when you attach documents to the Case Officer - agent doesnt seem to directly answer my questions about the process, maybe I should just chill and let them get on with it - starting to wish I had done the online application myself. Maybe is just because I am one of these people who likes to follow instructions and always reads manuals). Anyway anyone know what they do with these passport photos, seems really weird you can scan them?
Our agent just scanned the photos and sent them through and DIAC did not have a problem with this.

I understand that you want to be "in control and kept fully abreast" of everything but unfortunately this doesn't always happen.

Good luck with everything.

Trish
Old Oct 9th 2007, 7:56 pm
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all

Hi, in my online app I scanned the photos (1 scanned document for each person) and named each image AllanBurtonPhoto.jpg then KateBurtonPhoto.jpg etc etc.

Also in the online upload area you can add a text comment for additional info on what you are uploading.

As long as it's obvious who is who you'll be fine.

Allan
Old Oct 9th 2007, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

vgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to all

Hi Carla,

I do have the email because the agent sent me a copy of the letter but it seems wrong to email directly when the agent is dealing with everything. If the agent would just email me back and say "It is fine to attach the documents to the online application and not email, and the case officer will still be notified" then I would be happy - is just in the agents own words they are getting to grips with the online system themselves and there are bugs in it (e.g. no acknowledgements) so would seem safer to email. I suppose I have lost faith in the agent a little and would like it just that if I ask a question it is answered directly. If I just got a direct answer to my question back from the agent, wouldn't feel the need to have to check everything out on here!

I am already in Australia so really there is no particular urgency in getting it all sorted, unlike lots of other people, so I do have that to be thankful for!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.