Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

Old Sep 1st 2008, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future
Default Re: November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

Originally Posted by Annehe28
Morning all,
Just to let you all know I have a Co.
My status page has finally changed. I'm so excited Just nedd to do pcc and meds now.

Yeah

Anne
Anne

Congrats - I'm so jealous. When did you apply, on-line/paper and for which visa (so I may gauge any hope!). Just tried to phone Adelaide - know all about how to become an Australian citizen (several times over) from listening to the messages but my budget won't stretch to waiting for ever for an operator so gave in and had breakfast!

Back to limbo land.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice

Originally Posted by jane BK
Anne

Congrats - I'm so jealous. When did you apply, on-line/paper and for which visa (so I may gauge any hope!). Just tried to phone Adelaide - know all about how to become an Australian citizen (several times over) from listening to the messages but my budget won't stretch to waiting for ever for an operator so gave in and had breakfast!

Back to limbo land.
Hi there i applied 24th Jan through agent online app Hairdresser 175.
Good luck waiting better luck next time for getting through.

I can't stop smiling I rang my parents in oz and let everyone know on here before my OH he's in bed he worked last night.

Anne
Old Sep 1st 2008, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

Hi there i applied 24th Jan through agent online app Hairdresser 175.
Good luck waiting better luck next time for getting through.

I can't stop smiling I rang my parents in oz and let everyone know on here before my OH he's in bed he worked last night.

Anne
So happy for you - trying to imagine how it must feel. Today must decide whether to put house of market - in case we are successful - feels like such a risk. Don't want to end up visa-less and homeless! I don't do patience and it's 9 months waiting for us this week. We're paper based and a 475 so think we are on the floor somewhere at DIAC.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice

So happy for you - trying to imagine how it must feel. Today must decide whether to put house of market - in case we are successful - feels like such a risk. Don't want to end up visa-less and homeless! I don't do patience and it's 9 months waiting for us this week. We're paper based and a 475 so think we are on the floor somewhere at DIAC.
Sorry to hear it's taking so long for you. My 2 year old daughter thinks i'm crazy as i keep jumping round the room.
House's are taking there time to sell. Maybe you'll complete and get visa on same day. Now that would be spooky.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light

Morning all,
My status page has finally changed. I'm so excited Just nedd to do pcc and meds now.

Yeah

Anne

Well done and congrats.

Sadly no change for us
Old Sep 1st 2008, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Jane I am no expert on the 475 - being an obsessive 176 peep - but I would be pretty sure something's gone awry here, the 457 should only take a matter of weeks I thought? Because it's not a permanent visa? I would be making alot of noise around now, it's insane that you are online here waiting with all the PR people when you only need a 475. Do keep us posted on how you go when you get through to DIAC
Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
Jane I am no expert on the 475 - being an obsessive 176 peep - but I would be pretty sure something's gone awry here, the 457 should only take a matter of weeks I thought? Because it's not a permanent visa? I would be making alot of noise around now, it's insane that you are online here waiting with all the PR people when you only need a 475. Do keep us posted on how you go when you get through to DIAC
Dear All

Rang this am - and could now quote the nice lady telling me how/what to do re applying for citizenship. I'd like to get the chance to be there long enough to apply!!!!! Anyway, couldn't hang on the line for ever so had to give up. Thought about sending an email enq but other threads say that it is prob 10-12 months now - a real drag coz of children etc. Don't want to market house and then find someone wants it only to have to pull out if we don't get visa, as that wouldn't be fair. If only we knew....Perhaps when kids go back to school and I'm working etc more I won't have time to ponder...
Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:07 am
aka Mrs Stressalot

jasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nice

Morning all,

Yeah

Anne
Congrats on the CO. It's a great feeling when finally you see some movement when we got CO, I just sat at the pc saying omg omg then shaking for a few mins lol!
Good luck to you all xxx
Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Dear All

Rang this am - and could now quote the nice lady telling me how/what to do re applying for citizenship. I'd like to get the chance to be there long enough to apply!!!!! Anyway, couldn't hang on the line for ever so had to give up. Thought about sending an email enq but other threads say that it is prob 10-12 months now - a real drag coz of children etc. Don't want to market house and then find someone wants it only to have to pull out if we don't get visa, as that wouldn't be fair. If only we knew....Perhaps when kids go back to school and I'm working etc more I won't have time to ponder...
I'm gobsmacked to learn that 457s are taking the same amount of time as paperbased permanent applications, I really am. Mind you - some fella on another thread just got his and he only applied in July this year!! Maybe set aside some time, surround yourself with tea and chocolate, and sit out the phone queue....
Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
I'm gobsmacked to learn that 457s are taking the same amount of time as paperbased permanent applications, I really am. Mind you - some fella on another thread just got his and he only applied in July this year!! Maybe set aside some time, surround yourself with tea and chocolate, and sit out the phone queue....
We're a 475 so no work sponsor I'm afraid only a relative. Just lost the weight pre-meds so choc not a good idea (although sounds lovely!) Am having a bad day so apols to all for listening to me moan. Even the kids have started to nag at me about when so it must be bad. Now have to do some work, empty washing machine, change 4 beds - where was that choc anyway!
Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

We're a 475 so no work sponsor I'm afraid only a relative. Just lost the weight pre-meds so choc not a good idea (although sounds lovely!) Am having a bad day so apols to all for listening to me moan. Even the kids have started to nag at me about when so it must be bad. Now have to do some work, empty washing machine, change 4 beds - where was that choc anyway!
ah right sorry, I misread thought it was 457

this websites for people to moan on! Fire away!
Old Sep 1st 2008, 10:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all,

Yeah

Anne
Congrats again Anne!!

Put it on the market Jane - ours has been on 16 months and we are now on our 4th sale. These things take time.

Dear All

Jane the whole buying process takes 12 weeks now as mortgage companies are being very slow with offers. So even if you got an offer today it would be the start of Dec before you complete.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Congrats again Anne!!

Put it on the market Jane - ours has been on 16 months and we are now on our 4th sale. These things take time.

Jane the whole buying process takes 12 weeks now as mortgage companies are being very slow with offers. So even if you got an offer today it would be the start of Dec before you complete.
Thanks - I think you just helped me make a decision! We're 475 but paper based from Dec - I'll let you know when we hear anything re visa!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks - I think you just helped me make a decision! We're 475 but paper based from Dec - I'll let you know when we hear anything re visa!
Good luck with the decision on the house.

Just phoned the DIAC, to check if our new passport details have been recieved and if we needed to fill in a change of circumstances form. I was on hold 10 minutes and then got through. Found out an interesteing thing. Our recent emails - 10 days ago - weren't on the file. I asked if I should resend and they said no, emails are manually attached to files and this takes time. So Mary was right, each time you send an email, they have to access the file.

The bad thing I've found out is that we still don't have a CO and the operator wouldn't comment on how long this would take - she said as the update said 25th Nov we will have to wait another 2 months.:curse: Just seen a 175 granted for March on another site, so this is obviously codswallop but I am getting so depressed about it now.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Good luck with the decision on the house.

Just phoned the DIAC, to check if our new passport details have been recieved and if we needed to fill in a change of circumstances form. I was on hold 10 minutes and then got through. Found out an interesteing thing. Our recent emails - 10 days ago - weren't on the file. I asked if I should resend and they said no, emails are manually attached to files and this takes time. So Mary was right, each time you send an email, they have to access the file.

The bad thing I've found out is that we still don't have a CO and the operator wouldn't comment on how long this would take - she said as the update said 25th Nov we will have to wait another 2 months.:curse: Just seen a 175 granted for March on another site, so this is obviously codswallop but I am getting so depressed about it now.
Right thanks - I'll go for 10 mins next time, about 8 this time! Then an email. The update says 25 Sept for paper based. Thinking of calling on that date! Perhaps they need to change their service standards!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.