Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

Old Sep 7th 2008, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice
Default Re: November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

Originally Posted by sampson
Online app
OhmyGOD! 9 months for an online application! That must be a record, do you know why it took them so long?
Old Sep 8th 2008, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

hydeteru is a jewel in the roughhydeteru is a jewel in the roughhydeteru is a jewel in the roughhydeteru is a jewel in the rough

Hi

Today's the day - 8 mths anniversary for me Does this mean i'll have my CO soon too i.e. when i reach 9 mths?

Applied for 175 online 080108 & frontloaded everything they'll need including Australian Values Statement

Last edited by hydeteru; Sep 8th 2008 at 2:50 am. Reason: wrong no of mths
Old Sep 8th 2008, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by hydeteru
Hi

Today's the day - 9 mths anniversary for me Does this mean i'll have my CO soon too?

Applied for 175 online 080108 & frontloaded everything they'll need including Australian Values Statement
Are you from a high-risk country?
Old Sep 8th 2008, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

hydeteru is a jewel in the roughhydeteru is a jewel in the roughhydeteru is a jewel in the roughhydeteru is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
Are you from a high-risk country?
Nope. Not from high-risk country as we are able to apply for ETAs online ...
Old Sep 8th 2008, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

ripcantrell will become famous soon enough

Excellent, some more hope to hang onto! If they are basing it on 9 monthsnow then myine will be due 15/12, almost like a pregnancy but more painfull (only kidding).

For the record, mine is an online application on 175 MODL and DIAC at the time of application were qouting average process times of 6 months.

I'm sure it will come good in the end and the posts on this thread really are only the tip of the iceberg against all the many thousands that don't register/post on BE.

We have ooked a holiday so we have something else to focus on, come on guys lets rally together and keep our fingers crossed.

Old Sep 8th 2008, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ripcantrell
Excellent, some more hope to hang onto! If they are basing it on 9 monthsnow then myine will be due 15/12, almost like a pregnancy but more painfull (only kidding).

For the record, mine is an online application on 175 MODL and DIAC at the time of application were qouting average process times of 6 months.

I'm sure it will come good in the end and the posts on this thread really are only the tip of the iceberg against all the many thousands that don't register/post on BE.

We have ooked a holiday so we have something else to focus on, come on guys lets rally together and keep our fingers crossed.

Doesn't it drive you nuts though that most of the March applicants on here have their visas?
Old Sep 8th 2008, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

sampson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
OhmyGOD! 9 months for an online application! That must be a record, do you know why it took them so long?

no idea, lets just hope it's not another 9 months till i get the visa
Old Sep 8th 2008, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

fabouliz is an unknown quantity at this point

no idea, lets just hope it's not another 9 months till i get the visa

Hello, it's been 7 months today for us, and still nothing....
I hope 9 months is the limit... i am going nuts....
Old Sep 8th 2008, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

sampson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fabouliz
Hello, it's been 7 months today for us, and still nothing....
I hope 9 months is the limit... i am going nuts....

I sympathise with you, I really do
Old Sep 8th 2008, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

I sympathise with you, I really do
9 months and 1 day, not that I'm counting or aware of the date or anything...
Old Sep 8th 2008, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Ok, Can anyone beat 10 months and 10 days??

(No prizes of course)
Old Sep 8th 2008, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wishwewerethere
Ok, Can anyone beat 10 months and 10 days??

(No prizes of course)
How about 12.5 months and still waiting for a CO.......does that win???? !!! (and no, I am not from a high risk country!)
Old Sep 8th 2008, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
How about 12.5 months and still waiting for a CO.......does that win???? !!! (and no, I am not from a high risk country!)
Now, I did say, there were no prizes!

How can they be granting visas for April 08 when they haven't finished sorting through 07. How bloody unfair.
Soon they will be up to their next quota at that rate before they finish doing 07.
It's like standing in a shop watching every other customer push in front of you. How would the DIAC like that to happen to them?

Last edited by Wishwewerethere; Sep 8th 2008 at 2:57 pm.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light

We had our CO back in july and yet we still have heard nothing. We are using an agent, but do you think I could phone Australia myself to see if there is a problem or do you think they would not speak to me??
Old Sep 8th 2008, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

ripcantrell will become famous soon enough

Don't see any problem with phoning ASPC yourself because its your appliaction after all. But out of courtesy you should contact your MA if you've used one though.

As far as timescales go it does wind me up something rotten to see everyone else getting visas in '08 applicants, but I wouldn't take anything away from those guys 'cos I would be pleased as punch if I was in that position and would be having a different conversation now.

But you know what, DIAC do seem to be a rule unto themselves and I feel even more sorry for those paperbased applicants from mid '07 who still haven't heard jack diddly.

I haven't used a MA myself but don't really understand why MA's are sending paperbased applications for their clients post Sept 07 when surely it would be more efficient to send it online.

If any MA's do read this, do you know if there are any reasons why processing times seem to be all over the place? Are you privvy to any more info than us minows?

Anyway heres still hoping and by the way I am up to 8 months and 23 days, but hey who's counting eh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.