Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice
Default Re: November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Good luck with the decision on the house.

Just phoned the DIAC, to check if our new passport details have been recieved and if we needed to fill in a change of circumstances form. I was on hold 10 minutes and then got through. Found out an interesteing thing. Our recent emails - 10 days ago - weren't on the file. I asked if I should resend and they said no, emails are manually attached to files and this takes time. So Mary was right, each time you send an email, they have to access the file.

The bad thing I've found out is that we still don't have a CO and the operator wouldn't comment on how long this would take - she said as the update said 25th Nov we will have to wait another 2 months.:curse: Just seen a 175 granted for March on another site, so this is obviously codswallop but I am getting so depressed about it now.
Yeah I simply don't understand how they can grant a paperbased 176 application from APRIL this year a visa while people like yourselves are still waiting, and the blo*dy useless email is still telling us, after 6 months of no change, that they are processing 176's from September 2007. Doesn't seem to be a damn thing we can do about it though. I guess a small consolation might be, the longer you wait the better it feels...judging by reactions from folk when they finally get theirs!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

noofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nice

Just to let you all know we got a CO today!!!!!

Phoned them twice last month then sent an email last week explaining that job offer expires in October etc etc. Then this morning got and email saying file been passed to CO - checked DIAC and yep "Processing Further".

Anyone else got any news? If not give them a little nudge.

Jackie
x
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by noofie

Phoned them twice last month then sent an email last week explaining that job offer expires in October etc etc. Then this morning got and email saying file been passed to CO - checked DIAC and yep "Processing Further".

Jackie
x
That's fantastic Jackie well done you for not taking this long wait sitting down!

When you say the job expires in October - does that mean the company that made the offer withdraws it unless you get to Oz in a certain timeframe?
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

noofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nice

Job offered by Queensland Health last October - they said they would hold it open for a year for me - longer if needed.

I have been in regular contact with them so it should be okay - just really wanted to give DIAC a kick up the bum!!!!! Seems to have worked.

Jackie
x
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice

Jackie
x
Congratulations Jackie,
I got a CO yesterday. It's a great feeling to finally see some movement.

Good luck with the rest of it.

Anne
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

I think I'm the only one left for October.Can I join your group? It was the last 3 days of October, so very close to November!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

October - OMG - you must be wondering if it will ever happen.

Of course you can join in - seems to have done some of us good as we now have case officers - hopefully we all will have very soon.

Jackie
x
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wishwewerethere
I think I'm the only one left for October.Can I join your group? It was the last 3 days of October, so very close to November!
Oh no are you STILL waiting!! Sympathy
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
Oh no are you STILL waiting!! Sympathy
Yeah,
Agent chasing on Friday so may hold some hope.
Your on paper too aren't you?
Wish agent had told us the options and given us a choice.
Sooo wish we done it online.
Think DIAC just cherry pick the applications!!
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Yeah,
I am on paper and it's taking a super-human effort not to lose the plot watching online applicants speed past. Can't believe I might not even be halfway there yet (applied March) My brain has also started playing tricks on me, wondering if I got something wrong and I'll be turned down, and because I've been out of work studying I won't be able to apply again for another year Think I'll rob a bank and go hide out in the Bahamas if that happens!
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

OMG - 10 months, what a nightmare.

October - OMG - you must be wondering if it will ever happen.

Of course you can join in - seems to have done some of us good as we now have case officers - hopefully we all will have very soon.

Jackie
x
Lets hope it works for all of us!!

Yeah,
I read that someone's agent told them this - if you have a complicated case the COs don't want to know. How terrible is that.

I think you have grounds for complaint to your agent if they didn't give you all the info. We fired our agent for not being up to speed with the 1st Sept applications - I knew more about them than they did!!

I am on paper and it's taking a super-human effort not to lose the plot watching online applicants speed past. Can't believe I might not even be halfway there yet (applied March) My brain has also started playing tricks on me, wondering if I got something wrong and I'll be turned down, and because I've been out of work studying I won't be able to apply again for another year Think I'll rob a bank and go hide out in the Bahamas if that happens!
Well, I haven't speeded past you. I reckon I'll still be here in a few months time...
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fly Away
OMG - 10 months, what a nightmare.

Lets hope it works for all of us!!

I read that someone's agent told them this - if you have a complicated case the COs don't want to know. How terrible is that.

I think you have grounds for complaint to your agent if they didn't give you all the info. We fired our agent for not being up to speed with the 1st Sept applications - I knew more about them than they did!!

Well, I haven't speeded past you. I reckon I'll still be here in a few months time...
Did you apply online or paper?
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

With you there - absolutely neurotic that I put something down wrong on the form (did I put someone elses name!? and they now have my visa!) or misinterpreted the guidance about how to put down points/evidence. Am now completely obsessed. If my meds expire, I'm sure to fail them a second time as being completely off my head....
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jane BK
With you there - absolutely neurotic that I put something down wrong on the form (did I put someone elses name!? and they now have my visa!) or misinterpreted the guidance about how to put down points/evidence. Am now completely obsessed. If my meds expire, I'm sure to fail them a second time as being completely off my head....
Ah Jane I don't mean to make light of all this but I AM laughing - in recognition of fellow madness! The neurosis is well set it. I would probably have to declare it on my second round of medicals The thing is - I haven't seen a single person post on this website to say they got rejected?
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Liz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the rough

Ah Jane I don't mean to make light of all this but I AM laughing - in recognition of fellow madness! The neurosis is well set it. I would probably have to declare it on my second round of medicals The thing is - I haven't seen a single person post on this website to say they got rejected?
I know what you both mean, every waking thought, Oh I'll just see if there's any news on BE thats every 10 minutes if I'm in. Even when my OH comes in he shouts hi in the direction of the PC. GIVE ME SOMETHING ELSE TO THINK ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M GOING SLOWLY INSANE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.