Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

Old Sep 25th 2008, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

RobAndEwa has a brilliant futureRobAndEwa has a brilliant futureRobAndEwa has a brilliant futureRobAndEwa has a brilliant futureRobAndEwa has a brilliant futureRobAndEwa has a brilliant futureRobAndEwa has a brilliant future
Default Re: November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

Some good news: we've now got a CO.

So they are working their way through the pile - just to give some hope to those still waiting to hear.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Liz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Daan
Some wise words. Thanks.
Yes I agree think I'll sit back and let them get on with the job in hand and try not to be so obsessed with it all. I suppose we'll all be in Oz when we're meant to be.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Maz14 is a jewel in the roughMaz14 is a jewel in the roughMaz14 is a jewel in the roughMaz14 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by RobAndEwa
Some good news: we've now got a CO.

So they are working their way through the pile - just to give some hope to those still waiting to hear.
We have just been assigned a case officer too! We applied for 475 visa on 26th November 2007, no agent. Complained last week and finally got a case officer on 24th September 2008. They have requested medicals.
Quick question - we had our medicals done 13th Sept and they've been sent to Sydney. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to acknowledge the medicals and do they let us know when they have them?
Thanks!
Old Sep 26th 2008, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Maz14
We have just been assigned a case officer too! We applied for 475 visa on 26th November 2007, no agent. Complained last week and finally got a case officer on 24th September 2008. They have requested medicals.
Quick question - we had our medicals done 13th Sept and they've been sent to Sydney. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to acknowledge the medicals and do they let us know when they have them?
Thanks!
MAZ - CONGRATULATIONS on getting a CO!! Excellent news.

I can tell you my experience on MEDICALS. We had our MEDS done on 21 August. They FINALLY arrived in Sydney 10 September. I just checked and they are NOT DONE YET.

So it could be a wait yet. I queried how long last week and was told they are working on 9 September arrived MEDS. Then on Monday I received another email stating they are working on 5 September arrived MEDS. Looks like the 2nd email was more accurate.

I've been told that if you provide your CO with the tracking number and courier, they can ask HOC to chase your MEDS up to process faster. Might be worthwhile for you.

You should hear soon!!
Old Sep 26th 2008, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Maz14 is a jewel in the roughMaz14 is a jewel in the roughMaz14 is a jewel in the roughMaz14 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by tiger222
MAZ - CONGRATULATIONS on getting a CO!! Excellent news.

I can tell you my experience on MEDICALS. We had our MEDS done on 21 August. They FINALLY arrived in Sydney 10 September. I just checked and they are NOT DONE YET.

So it could be a wait yet. I queried how long last week and was told they are working on 9 September arrived MEDS. Then on Monday I received another email stating they are working on 5 September arrived MEDS. Looks like the 2nd email was more accurate.

I've been told that if you provide your CO with the tracking number and courier, they can ask HOC to chase your MEDS up to process faster. Might be worthwhile for you.

You should hear soon!!
thanks for the reply. That's so frustrating. I spend months and months waiting for a case officer and when i finally get one, i now have to spend ages waiting for the meds to be received. There's always something!
I'll e-mail the tracking details to my case officer. Thanks again for the info
Old Sep 26th 2008, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Originally Posted by Maz14
Thanks!
Check my signature - our medicals were not too long.......one month from the time I sent them via Fedex to the time they were cleared.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

lastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nice
Default Re: A Moderator's plea!

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Guys, please, take note of this -

1) DIAC Case Officers are known to read the Immigration forum on BE and many of you are very recognisable by your usernames.

2) Please STOP naming individual employees of DIAC. They are public servants and are just doing their job. I really don't want to have to spend another half hour removing names after getting a heads-up. By all means post the email content, and if you decide to leave your own name in that is up to you, but have some respect for the privacy of people who are working as hard as hey can to facilitate the issuing of your visas, and DON'T put their details on here.

Thanks
after you waited 12 months without a sign, what else could happen? you're already forgotten and for all we know the application could be lost somewhere. so the upside is more than downside.

now i see how a pussyfoot like krudd can become pm. it's representative of the people who live there and are too afraid to stand for their rights.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by lastere
after you waited 12 months without a sign, what else could happen? you're already forgotten and for all we know the application could be lost somewhere. so the upside is more than downside.

now i see how a pussyfoot like krudd can become pm. it's representative of the people who live there and are too afraid to stand for their rights.
I don't disagree that DIAC has some serious problems, but as a pretty devoted member of this forum I resent people coming on here and b*tching about Australia in such an ill-educated, mean and bullish way. How dare you write off 20 million people in one narrow-minded sentence. Immigration is on the government's priority list but I'm sure Rudd has bigger fish to fry like wars and global financial meltdowns than keeping you happy!

Why do you want to move to Australia if you have such a low opinion of us all over here?

I appreciate that this forum is meant to encourage healthy debate but I see pretty much all your posts involve some sort of heated rant about how awful Australia is. Very strange.

Last edited by maroonedNZ; Sep 26th 2008 at 8:24 pm.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

lastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nice

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
I don't disagree that DIAC has some serious problems, but as a pretty devoted member of this forum I resent people coming on here and b*tching about Australia in such an ill-educated, mean and bullish way. How dare you write off 20 million people in one narrow-minded sentence. Immigration is on the government's priority list but I'm sure Rudd has bigger fish to fry like wars and global financial meltdowns than keeping you happy!

Why do you want to move to Australia if you have such a low opinion of us all over here?

I appreciate that this forum is meant to encourage healthy debate but I see pretty much all your posts involve some sort of heated rant about how awful Australia is. Very strange.
how dare YOU making assumptions about my intentions?
Old Sep 27th 2008, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Originally Posted by lastere
how dare YOU making assumptions about my intentions?
Please if you haven't anything good to say please say nothing at all.

In the mean time anyone out there have any good news? We've put our house up for sale and have two viewings this weekend but still no CO and we're waiting from October
Old Sep 27th 2008, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Wishwewerethere
Please if you haven't anything good to say please say nothing at all.

In the mean time anyone out there have any good news? We've put our house up for sale and have two viewings this weekend but still no CO and we're waiting from October
No news - beginning to lose the plot with the frustration! House on market as well. We've had three viewings. Feedback was a laugh. One came to see a 1909 house for which he was given floor plans - then said didn't like the age or layout of the house! Doh - is it me?!?!?! Trying to stay positive but it's so hard when seeing all those after us get their visas. I did complain and had a standard cut and paste response about transparent processing etc. So we sit here still in limbo land with no real clue as to when we might hear. Now off to iron - it's that bad that the ironing seems like a fun time!
Old Sep 28th 2008, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Liz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jane BK
No news - beginning to lose the plot with the frustration! House on market as well. We've had three viewings. Feedback was a laugh. One came to see a 1909 house for which he was given floor plans - then said didn't like the age or layout of the house! Doh - is it me?!?!?! Trying to stay positive but it's so hard when seeing all those after us get their visas. I did complain and had a standard cut and paste response about transparent processing etc. So we sit here still in limbo land with no real clue as to when we might hear. Now off to iron - it's that bad that the ironing seems like a fun time!
We're pretty much the same as you Jane ready to go now, all my family have gone over so just us left. Our agent contacted DIAC and all we got was a standard reply saying it will be "some time yet", I was so disappointed and felt lower that I had for a long long time. I realised that there was no way on earth I could carry on living like this for "some time yet". I sat back and thought about the situation and saw that how I was feeling had nothing to do with living in Oz, the sunny days round the BBQ, days on the beach all that we dream of, it had become about this obsession with getting that visa. We had always told ourselves that we would be in Oz by October but in my thinking I came up with this, ok there is a good chance we may still be in the UK for Christmas so lets plan or get back to living our life in this country till then. If our visa comes before this then its a bonus.
This week I have felt so much better no expectations that today will be the day and its working, don't get me wrong that are moments when I wobble but on the whole I feel at peace not in emotional turmoil. Well sorry if I've rambled on a bit but if reading this can help someone else then I feel its worth it.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Liz F
We're pretty much the same as you Jane ready to go now, all my family have gone over so just us left. Our agent contacted DIAC and all we got was a standard reply saying it will be "some time yet", I was so disappointed and felt lower that I had for a long long time. I realised that there was no way on earth I could carry on living like this for "some time yet". I sat back and thought about the situation and saw that how I was feeling had nothing to do with living in Oz, the sunny days round the BBQ, days on the beach all that we dream of, it had become about this obsession with getting that visa. We had always told ourselves that we would be in Oz by October but in my thinking I came up with this, ok there is a good chance we may still be in the UK for Christmas so lets plan or get back to living our life in this country till then. If our visa comes before this then its a bonus.
This week I have felt so much better no expectations that today will be the day and its working, don't get me wrong that are moments when I wobble but on the whole I feel at peace not in emotional turmoil. Well sorry if I've rambled on a bit but if reading this can help someone else then I feel its worth it.
Thank you - I needed that. It would help if people didn't keep asking for the latest - like I wouldn't tell them first! Now I just groan and it seems to stop the queston dead in its tracks. Not really a tactic but seems to be working! Keep going - now planning Christmas as suspect we will be here.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jane BK
Thank you - I needed that. It would help if people didn't keep asking for the latest - like I wouldn't tell them first! Now I just groan and it seems to stop the queston dead in its tracks. Not really a tactic but seems to be working! Keep going - now planning Christmas as suspect we will be here.
Just tell people it will probably be after Christmas it seems to be working for me I'm sure its only about 20 times a day now not 30.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Is it me or do things appear to have gone quiet?
Our agent tells us they have had no movement at all for the past couple of weeks, and there doesn't appear to be the rush of visas that we have had on here for a while now.
Could they have reached their quota????
Or are they snowed under with all the complaints!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.