Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

Old Oct 2nd 2008, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future
Default Re: November, December, January & February Applicants still waiting

Originally Posted by Wishwewerethere
That sounds like a wacky plan,...but it might just work!!!
WWWT

Just back from viewing the school. Kids have given us three options for our new thread: "why are we waiting", forlorn hope (Sean Bean's regiment in Sharpe - just a quick throught....) and then the last is the "substitute people" but you need to have seen the film Elizabethtown to get that (it's the forgotten people who no one notices - sounds about right!). Let me know what you think!!!
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 6:55 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jane BK
WWWT

Just back from viewing the school. Kids have given us three options for our new thread: "why are we waiting", forlorn hope (Sean Bean's regiment in Sharpe - just a quick throught....) and then the last is the "substitute people" but you need to have seen the film Elizabethtown to get that (it's the forgotten people who no one notices - sounds about right!). Let me know what you think!!!

What about ..................'We've Waited Long Enough, Give us our visa's now!'
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by mary1967
What about ..................'We've Waited Long Enough, Give us our visa's now!'
Developing on my back-up plan to parachute into Papua New Guinea and kayak over to Queensland - maybe there are enough of you to head en mass down to Southampton and Portsmouth, hijack a bunch of boats and form a Britishexpats Armada - invade a deserted stretch of coastland somewhere in the Boondocks of northern WA perhaps? I could meet you there with an esky full of VB
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 12:50 pm
Cause WHATEVER was taken

EVERWHAT will become famous soon enoughEVERWHAT will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
Developing on my back-up plan to parachute into Papua New Guinea and kayak over to Queensland - maybe there are enough of you to head en mass down to Southampton and Portsmouth, hijack a bunch of boats and form a Britishexpats Armada - invade a deserted stretch of coastland somewhere in the Boondocks of northern WA perhaps? I could meet you there with an esky full of VB
Careful ... the Aussies will think you trying to re-colonise them ...
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Liz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the rough

Sounds easier that applying for a visa.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 6:48 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Liz F
Sounds easier that applying for a visa.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

WWWT

How about,
Go On, Gissa Visa,
Go On!

But your probably right, Forlorn Hope or Forgotten Few are the best ones.

This week may'be, I'm feeling lucky...
But may'be, I should be so lucky lucky lucky.

We could threaten to send back Rolf Harris if they don't comply within the week!!Complete with his Digeridoo and his piece of hardboard.
Or just threaten the the DIAC with a continuous looped tape of me playing "Tie me kangeroo Down sport" on the Stylaphone for all those who remember them,(Rolf Harris promoted them you know).
I found my old one in the loft the other day so it is only one step away from having batteries put in it...I will use it, if I don't get me visa!!!!
You have been warned!

Last edited by Wishwewerethere; Oct 5th 2008 at 2:28 pm.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Wishwewerethere
How about,
Go On, Gissa Visa,
Go On!

But your probably right, Forlorn Hope or Forgotten Few are the best ones.

This week may'be, I'm feeling lucky...
But may'be, I should be so lucky lucky lucky.

We could threaten to send back Rolf Harris if they don't comply within the week!!Complete with his Digeridoo and his piece of hardboard.
Or just threaten the the DIAC with a continuous looped tape of me playing "Tie me kangeroo Down sport" on the Stylaphone for all those who remember them,(Rolf Harris promoted them you know).
I found my old one in the loft the other day so it is only one step away from having batteries put in it...I will use it, if I don't get me visa!!!!
You have been warned!
Oh do I really admit that I remember those adverts and even worse, wishing I had one! I do a really good "suner rise" (all join in) - in fact it is probably sunrise now in Adelaide - and a Monday and oh you never really know... Now I'm rambling.

Put that stylophone down - don't think I can take much more!!!!!!!
Old Oct 5th 2008, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Oh do I really admit that I remember those adverts and even worse, wishing I had one! I do a really good "suner rise" (all join in) - in fact it is probably sunrise now in Adelaide - and a Monday and oh you never really know... Now I'm rambling.

Put that stylophone down - don't think I can take much more!!!!!!!
Labour Day here folks, it's a holiday so don't expect any processing today I'm afraid
Old Oct 5th 2008, 11:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Labour Day here folks, it's a holiday so don't expect any processing today I'm afraid
How ironic, on Labour day, there is no labour done.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fly Away
How ironic, on Labour day, there is no labour done.
RATS! An EXTRA day to WAIT!!
Old Oct 6th 2008, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiger222
RATS! An EXTRA day to WAIT!!
Sorry guys, didn't mean to be tactless there. Was just coming to see how you were all doing.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow Tiger!!
Old Oct 6th 2008, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Sorry guys, didn't mean to be tactless there. Was just coming to see how you were all doing.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow Tiger!!
Hopefully the DIAC staff (all three of them) will be fully refreshed and raring to visa-grant
Old Oct 6th 2008, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Hopefully the DIAC staff (all three of them) will be fully refreshed and raring to visa-grant
That many.
Sure your not counting the janitor as one of them?
Old Oct 6th 2008, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well...I suppose it had to happen.There's an October 08 thread now...sigh!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.