New point test available NOW on DIAC site

Old Nov 15th 2010, 11:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New point test available NOW on DIAC site

Guys please remember this new system was only unveiled a few days ago. It doesn't come into effect until next year and a lot of the smaller points may well be clarified between now and then. At present all the info available is posted within this thread - if its not here then as yet its an unknown quantity.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 11:48 am
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by toxic5
If BA (hons) degree recieves 15 marks,so same conditions apply for profesional qualifications like ACCA and CIMA?because in the skill assesment they are considered as equal to a degree.Therefore someone who has finished a professional qualification(passed finalist of a body) are entitled to same level of marks?

someone please clarify...
They are considered ATLEAST equivalent to a australian bachelors degree because that is the level that this qualifications compared to at MAX.

There's a degree of chance that a professional qualification might be equaivalent to a postgraduate diploma.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

oracle.dba is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sweetyogesh420
you can use old sol only if you are under transitional arrangements or applying for state sponsorship/ENS.
i didnt get it what does mean by transitional arrangements ?
Old Nov 16th 2010, 5:29 am

adeel.zafar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by oracle.dba
i didnt get it what does mean by transitional arrangements ?
these are arrangements for international students studying in Australia who were affected by the immigration changes...
Old Nov 18th 2010, 8:44 pm
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gr8leo87
I am non native. I scored 8.5 IELTS. And atleast 8 in every module. A friend of mine who is also non native, scored a perfect 9 in IELTS
Wow, that's amazing. My best result in IELTS was 8.5 overall with 8+ in every band. A perfect 9 is ridiculously incredible, might I say

Congrats to you and your friend.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

lloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nice

Originally Posted by robbyarg
Wow, that's amazing. My best result in IELTS was 8.5 overall with 8+ in every band. A perfect 9 is ridiculously incredible, might I say

Congrats to you and your friend.
IELTS is more technicality than fluency. With the right training and sufficient English skills, its easy to score 8 or more. I don't see it as a fair and accurate assessment. Many people we councel at the British Council for the academic IELTS get good scores when they receive good training. But if you heard them speak, you'd think otherwise.

Of course, there are exceptions, so don't attack me if you scored well without training.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 8:58 pm
Banned

The new system is very flexible and improves your chances of reaching the points. However, it may become a more quality conscious process where those with the higher points will get a much greater advantage than expected, like the EOI selection for NZ.

while the new points is good news, how does this affect the "Recent Work Experience" requirement and other requirements?
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

oracle.dba is an unknown quantity at this point

What about the occupations? The occuptions should be in SOL3 only ?

The new system is very flexible and improves your chances of reaching the points. However, it may become a more quality conscious process where those with the higher points will get a much greater advantage than expected, like the EOI selection for NZ.

while the new points is good news, how does this affect the "Recent Work Experience" requirement and other requirements?
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 6:53 am
Premium Member

armandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nice

The occupation should be on SOL3 if you applying for 175 visa or on SOL4 if you going for 176. I've pointed out the same in more detail in the other thread regarding "Oracle DBA".

armandra!
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 7:03 am
Banned

You do have a point. There is no immediate connection between the actual ability of an individual in English and what the test reflects. However, one cannot deny that there is some correlation between your ability and your test score. It's not just a matter of your training. IELTS is in truth, not a true indication of one's ability in English, but it is needed for migration. It's definitely a ridiculous system for sure. Sadly, that's how the migration system works. You just need it, and need to do your best.

Originally Posted by lloydk
IELTS is more technicality than fluency. With the right training and sufficient English skills, its easy to score 8 or more. I don't see it as a fair and accurate assessment. Many people we councel at the British Council for the academic IELTS get good scores when they receive good training. But if you heard them speak, you'd think otherwise.

Of course, there are exceptions, so don't attack me if you scored well without training.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 7:07 am
Banned

they might have a NEW SOL even by then. the migration process is not just complicated, it's quite ridiculous too. for instance, there is no place for mathematicians on SOL3 at the moment, when you can't even breathe without mathematics. no bank, no company, no science could exist without it. it's just the points they announced. you won't get points for your qualification, but your occupation must be on the SOL and you MUST have a positive skills assessment.

I would suggest anyone interested in migration meeting the 'Recent Work Experience' requirement to confirm their eligibility NOW with a proper agent and apply.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Location: The world is a global village, so why we need a location?
awan is an unknown quantity at this point

WHAT ABOUT THE IELTS score, it shows 0 for IELTS with 6 Bands, it means you should have 7 Bands ielts for applying in gsm any category
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 9:58 am
Banned

No, I think that is the minimum requirement. If you want to get extra points, you need to display a minimum of 7. I think English is a major problem for many people in Austeralia (surprisingly). Now, they simply want to eliminate these problems by getting people who are top rate in English as well. I have spoken to some people in ACS (Australian Computer Socirty) who sound rude, impatient and don't have the best English IMO. There are many people working in Australia who just made it lucky, and are reasonably poor in their English ability. I nominate this move. We should NOT judge the accent, but English ability.

Originally Posted by awan
WHAT ABOUT THE IELTS score, it shows 0 for IELTS with 6 Bands, it means you should have 7 Bands ielts for applying in gsm any category
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Location: The world is a global village, so why we need a location?
awan is an unknown quantity at this point

No, I think that is the minimum requirement. If you want to get extra points, you need to display a minimum of 7. I think English is a major problem for many people in Austeralia (surprisingly). Now, they simply want to eliminate these problems by getting people who are top rate in English as well. I have spoken to some people in ACS (Australian Computer Socirty) who sound rude, impatient and don't have the best English IMO. There are many people working in Australia who just made it lucky, and are reasonably poor in their English ability. I nominate this move. We should NOT judge the accent, but English ability.
My question still remains unanswered. I was talking about IELTS 6 bands applicants, if they have no 7 bands, whether they still be able to apply or not? thats the main issue not cleared by DIaC
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 10:22 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by awan
My question still remains unanswered. I was talking about IELTS 6 bands applicants, if they have no 7 bands, whether they still be able to apply or not? thats the main issue not cleared by DIaC
Under the new points system, which begins July 1 2011 you will need 7 in each band of IELTS in order to claim any points for language. Right now and until 30 June 2011 you need 6 in each band for 15 points.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.