New point test available NOW on DIAC site

Old Nov 24th 2010, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

lloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nice
Default Re: New point test available NOW on DIAC site

Originally Posted by Nadeem Qaiser
So its mean Overall 6 band is enough like me have Average 6 [L6.6/W6.0/R5.5/S5.5] so may i Qualify ?
Under the present system, it requires having a minimum band score of 6 in all modules. A minimum of 7 in all bands is required for extra points.

Pretty sure that the new system will work under the same specifications, where minimum score of the required bands is required rather than an average.

A lot more clarity will be available when the new rules come into effect.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

mirob is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lloydk
Under the present system, it requires having a minimum band score of 6 in all modules. A minimum of 7 in all bands is required for extra points.

Pretty sure that the new system will work under the same specifications, where minimum score of the required bands is required rather than an average.

A lot more clarity will be available when the new rules come into effect.
It's stated in the FAQ for the new points system. It's a minimum in each band, not an average.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 8:24 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Whatever it is, I personally find it demeaning. There are a lot of words which do not translate well from one language/culture to another. If you (general you) plan to live in Australia it would be a good idea to learn early on what can and cannot be said without causing offense.
OK love, you've made your point. Now be a good woman and go and get the kettle on and make us all a nice cup of tea.

Oh, and I failed the points test. !!

Last edited by iamthecreaturefromuranus; Nov 26th 2010 at 8:40 pm.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 10:54 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
OK love, you've made your point. Now be a good woman and go and get the kettle on and make us all a nice cup of tea.

Oh, and I failed the points test. !!
Yes, dear.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 10:55 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, dear.
Old Nov 27th 2010, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Location: The world is a global village, so why we need a location?
awan is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, dear.
One Cup of Tea for me too Madam
Old Dec 15th 2010, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

bikeframed will become famous soon enough

In the current system applicants receive 15 points for language if they hold a valid passport from, and are a citizen of, one of the following countries: United Kingdom (UK), Canada, New Zealand, United States of America (USA), Republic of Ireland.

Under the new rules, would you expect these same applicants to be recognized as:

1) Competent English - IELTS 6 = 0 points
2) Proficient English - IELTS 7 = 10 points
3) must take a test

Cheers.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 2:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bikeframed
In the current system applicants receive 15 points for language if they hold a valid passport from, and are a citizen of, one of the following countries: United Kingdom (UK), Canada, New Zealand, United States of America (USA), Republic of Ireland.

Under the new rules, would you expect these same applicants to be recognized as:

1) Competent English - IELTS 6 = 0 points
2) Proficient English - IELTS 7 = 10 points
3) must take a test

Cheers.
Have DIAC said they are abolishing the points for an eligible passport?
Old Dec 16th 2010, 3:45 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Have DIAC said they are abolishing the points for an eligible passport?
Yes the indications from the DIAC website are that eligible passport holders will be able to apply without an IELTS test, but testing will be required if you want to be granted more than 0 points. This is not explicitly stated but our interpretation of the FAQs, see http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ts-testfaq.pdf .

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Dec 16th 2010, 4:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Yes the indications from the DIAC website are that eligible passport holders will be able to apply without an IELTS test, but testing will be required if you want to be granted more than 0 points. This is not explicitly stated but our interpretation of the FAQs, see http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ts-testfaq.pdf .

Cheers,

George Lombard
Cheers George
Old Dec 16th 2010, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

bikeframed will become famous soon enough

Thanks George.

Overall I'm quite encouraged by these new rules. It looks like they will allow us to apply for a 175 which, being permanent, is a lot more appealing than the provisional, family sponsored 475 we would otherwise qualify for.

My wife will have to write the test to get the points needed but I'm quite confident as she writes/edits scientific papers for a living. This just adds another step, and a few more dollars, to the process.

With a positive skills assessment for me (Oracle dba with 10+ years experience) but age 45, these new rules would also allow her to claim 5 points for Partner Skills. The question is, should we bother with the paperwork/expense if she has enough points? That is, if she has 70 points and the pass mark is 65, is there any advantage to having 75?

Cheers.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Location: The world is a global village, so why we need a location?
awan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Cheers George
Kindly can you confirm that if a person have IELTS score of 6 band each will still able to apply for a GSM Visa if he scores the required points, without having IELTS points that will be 0 in this case?
Old Dec 20th 2010, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

lloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nice

Originally Posted by awan
Kindly can you confirm that if a person have IELTS score of 6 band each will still able to apply for a GSM Visa if he scores the required points, without having IELTS points that will be 0 in this case?
At present, based on the information on the immi website, if you have to show IELTS (from non-English speaking countries), it's a mandatory 6 and above as a basic requirement. Scores of 7 above and 8 above are for additional points only. But the basic requirement for citizens of non-English speaking countries will still be 6 and have no points for this score.

Confirmation can only come when the new points are in place.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

MUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really nice

but can anyone shed any more light on the bit about qualification acceptance.

With a NVQ3 in fabrication, I can get it converted to a ACQ3 here in the UK.
But the diac website states 'completed in Oz'

So can I get the points or not ??
Old Dec 20th 2010, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

loveniknaks is an unknown quantity at this point

Had a look through the new rules and as far as I can see, if you have a break of more than 2 years within any of the periods mentioned then no points will be awarded for work experience. Eg, I have taken time out unpaid from work to raise my 2 young children. By 1/7/2011 I will have 2 years and 3 months absence as I am not working at the moment and last worked in March 09. Despite having worked in my nominated occupation for more than 10 years I won't be able to claim the 15 points because I have had just over 2 years out of the market. I don't believe this could ever be fair. This doesn't take into account the fact that half of those 10 years are in Aus and the other half in the UK. So I couldn't even claim for the full 8 years as overseas anyway. I am clearly a case where the rules work against something they are looking to encourage, a mix of Australian and overseas experience. Will there be any room for common sense on a case by case basis or are these rules set in stone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.