New point test available NOW on DIAC site

Old Nov 12th 2010, 3:42 pm
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: New point test available NOW on DIAC site

Originally Posted by foha2012
Come to think of it, getting 8 on each band is very difficult !. I agree with Umair.

Cheers,

TAA
I would like to wait for 100 years but i will not sit in IELTS again
Old Nov 12th 2010, 7:05 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

People loving Flower avatars.

I sense a discreet activist feminism movement taking place.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth

They are poppies for remembrance day.

Old Nov 13th 2010, 3:31 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_Day
Old Nov 13th 2010, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

skalman is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm looking at the points for work experience...

What if I have 35 month of experience overseas and 11 month of Australian work experience (all in nominated occupation).

Does this mean I will get 0 points for work experience while someone having only 36 months of overseas experience will get 5 points?

That is the way I read the rules but maybe I am missing something? It would make more sense if the Australian work experience months could count either towards overseas work experience or Australian work experience.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 12:49 pm
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by skalman

What if I have 35 month of experience overseas and 11 month of Australian work experience (all in nominated occupation).

Does this mean I will get 0 points for work experience while someone having only 36 months of overseas experience will get 5 points?

That is the way I read the rules but maybe I am missing something? It would make more sense if the Australian work experience months could count either towards overseas work experience or Australian work experience.
LOLZZZZ That would be so bad isn't it
Old Nov 13th 2010, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

capetosydney will become famous soon enoughcapetosydney will become famous soon enough

Overseas work experience and Oz work experience are not mutually exclusive.
In a scenario like this you would be able to claim 36+months of work experience in nominated occupation, but not additional 5 points for Oz experience.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

zaske is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mirob
I'd be interested to know if the work experience has to be full-time or not.

Anyway, I think it's a positive change ... thumbs up for the extra points for English, even though I don't think it makes much sense to require 8 points out of 9 for IELTS in all 4 bands - that's something unachievable for non-native English speakers. I got 8 out of 9 in average but I don't think I could ever get 8 out of 9 in each band at the same time.

On another note, I know a couple of people that have been in Australia for 10+ years, studying, working, they're professionals. Their occupations are not on the new skills list and they still can't stay here - even though they've got perfect English and they're now fully integrated into the society. They work as graphic designers.
IELTS has a factor of relativity in the calculation of results. I am not a native english speaker, and still managed to get an average of 8.5
Old Nov 14th 2010, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

From the look of the new points system, they have done away with all professions. So what about doctors? They had a different system previously......will this still apply ? Does anyone know?

My brother was just starting to look at the system - he is 44, a doctor, and woulkd probably have come on a temporary visa, and then filled an on shore PR visa whilst he was here.....
So he definitely will not make the 1 July 2011 cut off for PR visa submission.... wondering what the impact of that will be .....anyone have any idea?

Nix
Old Nov 14th 2010, 1:24 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
From the look of the new points system, they have done away with all professions. So what about doctors? They had a different system previously......will this still apply ? Does anyone know?

My brother was just starting to look at the system - he is 44, a doctor, and woulkd probably have come on a temporary visa, and then filled an on shore PR visa whilst he was here.....
So he definitely will not make the 1 July 2011 cut off for PR visa submission.... wondering what the impact of that will be .....anyone have any idea?

Nix
There are other options, including Employer Nomination Scheme http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/ens/
Old Nov 14th 2010, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by capetosydney
In a scenario like this you would be able to claim 36+months of work experience in nominated occupation, but not additional 5 points for Oz experience.
Thanks, that sounds good and reasonable. But how did you come to this conclusion?

What if I have 35 months overseas and 12 months Ox work experience?
What if I have 35 months overseas and 13 months Ox work experience?

The FAQ doesn't seem to address these scenarios:
I have worked in my nominated occupation in Australia and overseas. Can I claim
points for both overseas and Australian work experience?
Yes. If you are able to meet the requirements to claim points for both Australian work
experience and overseas work experience under the points test then you will be recognised
for both.
For example, an applicant who has worked in their nominated occupation overseas for three
out of the past five years and in Australia for one in the past two years will be able to claim ten
points for work experience – five points for their overseas work experience and five points for
their Australian work experience.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 8:49 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

What if I have 35 months overseas and 12 months Ox work experience?
What if I have 35 months overseas and 13 months Ox work experience?
What is Ox experience? Do you mean Australian experience?

If you have 35 months of overseas experience you have 35 months. Not 3 years. 36 months is 3 years.

If you have 12 months of Australian experience then you have 1 year of Australian experience. If you have 13 months of Australian experience you have 1 year Australian experience.

Your second scenario still gives you 35 months overseas experience (not 3 years) and 1 year Australian experience.

Would it kill you to wait an extra month before applying so you get the requisite 3 years?
Old Nov 14th 2010, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
What is Ox experience? Do you mean Australian experience?

If you have 35 months of overseas experience you have 35 months. Not 3 years. 36 months is 3 years.

If you have 12 months of Australian experience then you have 1 year of Australian experience. If you have 13 months of Australian experience you have 1 year Australian experience.

Your second scenario still gives you 35 months overseas experience (not 3 years) and 1 year Australian experience.

Would it kill you to wait an extra month before applying so you get the requisite 3 years?

x and z are close on the keyboard and I copied and pasted... :-)

capetosydney said overseas and Australian experience are not mutually exclusive and that 35 months overseas + 1 month Australian experience would be enough to claim 5 point for overseas work experience (capetosydney: please correct me if that wasn't what you meant). Dorothy, are you of another opinion?

Of course one extra month would not kill me, but there are many other scenarios where it is not a matter of a single month. It is only an example intended to clarify the question. It can't be wrong to want to know what the rules are exactly, can it?

Thanks for the replies!
Old Nov 14th 2010, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

toxic5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by capetosydney
If BA (hons) degree recieves 15 marks,so same conditions apply for profesional qualifications like ACCA and CIMA?because in the skill assesment they are considered as equal to a degree.Therefore someone who has finished a professional qualification(passed finalist of a body) are entitled to same level of marks?

someone please clarify...
Old Nov 15th 2010, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

wali007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there any differents point system , if state sponsership is offered, I guess in previous system it was 100 points instead of 120.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.