March Applicants

Old Jul 14th 2007, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future
Default Re: March Applicants

lets hope so bundy is anyone buying bits and pieces to take with them or waiting till they get there.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by sophjam
lets hope so bundy is anyone buying bits and pieces to take with them or waiting till they get there.
Hi sopham,
Im taking personal things with me and a new hoover. when i visited Bundaberg[ my intened new place of residence] in february i noticed hoovers more expensive out there !! Cant take anything new unused as have to pay some kind of tax, so i will use it a little but you cant have any dirt either they dont like that as well !! I also noticed computors pricey too.
I have had 2 friends emmigrate in the last year and both have taken most of house contents only to find they have to buy stuff before their belongings arrive as they were both delayed leaving UK.
Both friends used different removal companies. I have heard this story told a few times since!! decided the £2500-£3000 cost would cover new furniture out there, plus it wouldnt suit Ozzie houses.
One friend has comfirmed these thoughts she says her stuff does not match her new home.
sorry that info was a bit long wasnt it?

Last edited by bundybell; Jul 14th 2007 at 5:36 am.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Not at all long winded its good to hear other peoples experiences. Will you still have a container then?
Old Jul 14th 2007, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Not at all long winded its good to hear other peoples experiences. Will you still have a container then?
We are having a shared container taking 3 suitcases of cloths teddies some towels, glass coffee table, computor and cd, dvd and video players, and some dvds and cds. All this costing about £650.00 in total. Thats all.
New life, new job, new house new effects [bout time i had new anyway!!]
Old Jul 14th 2007, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Bundy you sound so positive I gather you are not a material girl are you? will be very hard for me to leave my little nik naks behind would love a fresh start over there but think it might be a comfort to the kids to have stuff they know with them too unless thats just me really what is the job you have got over there
Old Jul 14th 2007, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Dawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant future

we are getting rid of all our stuff here got some listed on ebay now and rest off to car boot then sell the bigger bits nearer the time once we know when we off.
only things we are taking with us are laptop, clothes obviously, few personal bits cant bear to part with, ohh and hubbys tools other than that we buying new when we get there most our furniture needs replacing anyway, though all my appliances are pretty new but just cant justify shipping when most needs replacing so decided to start again, will be quite nice i think to go shop for all those lovely new things once we got a rental sorted am quite looking forward to draggin andy round all the shops

Last edited by Dawn&Andy; Jul 14th 2007 at 6:44 am.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Dawn where are you heading off too? Im worried we will use up our equity from the house buying all new straight away, dont get much when selling second hand.How is the ebaying going what have you got on there?
Old Jul 14th 2007, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

Dawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant futureDawn&Andy has a brilliant future

we are off to adelaide, we aint got much equity in our house anyway so we know we gonna have to start again aint been on the property ladder here long enough to have much, well depending on wot house is valued at now we think we might end up with about 20-30 grand to take. so we are already resigned to having just enough to get us started up with car and basic belongings and maybe a bit left to start us off with a deposit for when we do buy, plan is we rent for a year or two while saving a deposit to buy, all really depends on how much equity we end up with outta this house, so we cant really make any firm descisions til we get house valued which should be this week now we are almost done. the things ive listed on ebay are things we can live without spare tv i have in office, dvd player, kids bikes stuff like that thats gotta go but we can live without, with the proceeds going into our oz fund
Old Jul 14th 2007, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

The howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dawn&Andy
we are getting rid of all our stuff here got some listed on ebay now and rest off to car boot then sell the bigger bits nearer the time once we know when we off.
only things we are taking with us are laptop, clothes obviously, few personal bits cant bear to part with, ohh and hubbys tools other than that we buying new when we get there most our furniture needs replacing anyway, though all my appliances are pretty new but just cant justify shipping when most needs replacing so decided to start again, will be quite nice i think to go shop for all those lovely new things once we got a rental sorted am quite looking forward to draggin andy round all the shops
Hi! we are selling/chucking most of our stuff too! Great excuse to buy new, and gone off our leather sofas anyway! we live in a victorian house and fancy something really contemporary over there. just taking 4 huge mirrors, 1 bed (as have heard they are pricey over there?)does anyone know if thats right?, photos, few pots and pans, wedding cutlery and some clothes and toys. everything else going!! Cant wait for the shopping either!!
Old Jul 14th 2007, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

How brave are you all are you all very young though maybe its my age making me want to hold onto my security then is that a good excuse im nearly 38 you know! I cant believe its saturday night and im sitting on here.sad or what researching again!! daughters off to france at midnight with the school and has been out all day like shes gonna miss us hubbys out but we are off for a quiet break at windermere for 2 nights yippee in the morning cant wait. No wine tonight though as I have to drive her later what happened to nights out saturday night Thanks girls for the chat are you excited / apprehensive /stressed or coping well at the moment its a bit like limbo to me no hols as might need to do recky to stamp visa cant buy for the house etc hubby wont let me put any plants in the garden im going on now ill stop.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future

How brave are you all are you all very young though maybe its my age making me want to hold onto my security then is that a good excuse im nearly 38 you know! I cant believe its saturday night and im sitting on here.sad or what researching again!! daughters off to france at midnight with the school and has been out all day like shes gonna miss us hubbys out but we are off for a quiet break at windermere for 2 nights yippee in the morning cant wait. No wine tonight though as I have to drive her later what happened to nights out saturday night Thanks girls for the chat are you excited / apprehensive /stressed or coping well at the moment its a bit like limbo to me no hols as might need to do recky to stamp visa cant buy for the house etc hubby wont let me put any plants in the garden im going on now ill stop.
I hope you don't think 38 is too old, my OH is 45 in Sept and I am 44, and we can't wait to get our visa and get going. I'm sitting on BE, listening to Genesis live at Twickenham (BBC2 radio) that we went to see last Sunday, (going to see Status Quo in November) and trying to finish a essay for my final year of an OU Psychology Degree. Guess I'm catching up and what I should have done 20 years ago.
Remember your as young as you feel, if you want something go for it, if you want to do somethng just do it, and be happy. It's only scary if you think about it too long.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

We're taking 2 laptops, stereo, 3 lcd's, games consoles, clothes, linen, freeview boxes, toys, kitchen stuff, 2 bikes, little tykes house, motorbike, drawers, dishwasher, dvd's and books. personal stuff (papers, photo's etc) and a kitchen table.

not bothering with beds and sofa's too big and expensive to ship.

Si's bike will cost £ 800 to ship inc tax.

The other stuff will be £550. we are using crown relocations. have a very good reputation. you get 100 cu ft for £550.. not bad.

S-j xx have a good nite girls. i went out last night and woke up at 4 with my face stuck to the toilet seat........ nice .......... Oh and i was naked.. cant work out what happened!!

s-jx
Old Jul 14th 2007, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andreak
I hope you don't think 38 is too old, my OH is 45 in Sept and I am 44, and we can't wait to get our visa and get going. I'm sitting on BE, listening to Genesis live at Twickenham (BBC2 radio) that we went to see last Sunday, (going to see Status Quo in November) and trying to finish a essay for my final year of an OU Psychology Degree. Guess I'm catching up and what I should have done 20 years ago.
Remember your as young as you feel, if you want something go for it, if you want to do somethng just do it, and be happy. It's only scary if you think about it too long.
Well said Andrea.. xx
Old Jul 14th 2007, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

im 39 no spring chicken but not collecting me pension either

like the howellers we gonna go contempory i think and basic less for the kids to mess up

Last edited by Dawn&Andy; Jul 14th 2007 at 7:37 am. Reason: ooops forgot i had a birthday and turned 39 lol
Old Jul 14th 2007, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Malcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to all

I'm to scared to start chucking things out yet in case we get turned down. I know it's unlikely as medicals went ok and we've used an agent so everything should be ok, but i'm sooo cautious. We accepted an offer on the house the other day and not sure whether we should go into rental so not to lose our buyers.
Are you all confident and planning as if it's a definate yes, or is anyone else just holding back?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.