March Applicants

Old May 25th 2008, 11:26 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: March Applicants

Originally Posted by Dawn&Andy
Well we finally saw the house sale complete on 24th april, stayed with my mum and dad for 3 days then with some friends down south for another few days and flew out on 30th april from heathrow with singapore airlines, flight wasnt packed so the lovely peeps on the desk sat us across two rows with extra seats between us so we had extra room, which was really nice of em, no such luck tho on the leg from singapore to adelaide as flight was packed, but by this time we was all excited i dont think we would hav slept much, anyway landed in adelaide to rain grabbed a taxi to brighton caravan park which we had booked for two weeks while we sorted a rental. Didnt do much that first day we was all shattered, managed to stay awake tho til bout 9ish then we all fell into bed, jetlag got hold of us for a few days but wasnt too bad and soon got over it.
Did all the medicare, driving licence etc in first week, bought a car so we could get about to look at rentals, we had innitially wanted to settle in seaford but after being in the caravan park decided we liked that area too, so for a week we hunted for a decent rental but couldnt find anything suitable,either nice house but no garden or horrid house and huge garden so we went back to our original plan and headed down south towards seaford and found a 4 bed to rent and we glad we decided to head this way, kids are in school, girls in seaford primary and eldest is at seaford 6-12 and they all seem to be enjoying it,molly made me laff came home in the week raving about how she fed the chucks at school.

We furnished the house with all the basics we need to get on with for now, its a struggle sometimes not having summat at hand we had back in the uk, but we are managing and happy to do so until we can afford otherwise

Me ive been off work for 5 weeks now got a week left of my leave then back to work, andy is waiting to get on the june course at peer to gain his licence, hes emailed a few people bout work, had one reply so waiting to see if owt comes of that, i think he will have more joy once hes got his license but he saying he aint gonna give up trying, just got the advertiser yesterday and loads electricians jobs in and hes emailed em all his cv, so hopefully wont be long before hes working.We didnt come with huge amounts of money and not a lot left after setting everything up but we paid up 3 months rent on the rental simply so we knew we had those 3 months for andy to find work, once im back in work we can pay the other bills and feed the kids with my wage, so we lucky in that sense but he really wants to get back to work so im hoping he gets summat soon, he saw a job advertised the first week we was here for a chicken chaser and now everytime he thinks of work or emails and gets no reply he says " nevermind i'll get a job as a chicken chaser"

We have been down the beach a few times, molly summed it up for me walking along the esplanade, she said, "mummy i cant believe we are living here, it feels like a dream" its still early days and things can change, but yesterday andy said to me "can u ever see us going back to the uk" and i know 4 weeks isnt long but we both agreed for now we cant see that happening we love it here so far

I turned 40 yesterday, had a lovely day, obviously missed family etc but we had a barbie and andy and kids made it special, and made me think of when we first started this journey i said id be happy to be spending my 40th birthday in oz and we made it and sure glad we did

We have got a puppy now too, kids adore him, we had promised em they could have one when we arrived so we got him to help em settle and i think hes helped enormously

Well while i been sat writing this one of the companies who andy emailed had just called him, sounds promising from what i can hear, so looks like he might have job sooner than we thought

right gonna get off, kids wanna go out on their bikes so gonna go for a ride along the esplanade with em

Hope everyone else is enjoying things as much as us and those still not here keep at it, will all be worth it in the end

Dawn xx
Well well what a small world it is eh?

We are in Seaford too !!!!

PM us and we can hook up if you like we love it here.....we never really looked at Seaford but we are here noe and it is amazing.
Old May 29th 2008, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Flippen eck!!! Where did the time go???

Well, we've been here for 6 months and 2 days now! Time has flown by! We love it even more than the 'early-early' days and there is a flow to the day which is amazing! (apart from today as its pissed it down and been freezing! 19 deg, but felt like 10!)

We are so happy and settled. Si can now stand up on his 'real' board & wiggle on the surf! (He looks hot in his wetsuit).
He's all sorted in his job & sits his exam next week for 'the licence' he had a month off from study when his parents were here in March. They came for 3weeks. Was nice. kids loved having them here and were quite upset when they went home. i missed Si's dad most as he did all my ironing and vacuming! I can see why their still married after 30 years!

As for trauma's, Abi broke her front teeth (now on 4th trip to dentist), Simon been really sick, so have i and the boys. I crashed the Pajero into a small car and i came off worse thanks to her towbar bracket. (thats another story). A couple of deaths back in UK and Oz, Marraige break ups, friendship breakups, health issues & naughty boys! (It would've all happened anyway if was in the UK, bar the car & Abi's teeth )

On the upside, its sunny, warm, beautiful, sexy, cool & a socially amazing place. Very nice area, pretty central in sunshine coast, an hour and 15 to Brissie (only been once as it didnt really grab me, bit of an anti-climax for me) and 30mins from Noosa. 5 mins from Mooloolaba beach. (As some of you know, i spend most days visiting this beauty)

We have met some really nice people here too, more so in the last couple of months as have got to know the 'natives' Abi has joined Buderim Wanderers & has really chucked herself into school activities. She is currently on a school camp, its chucking it down right now and she is halfway up some mountain area nr. Yandina. SC. Through School and Soccer i have met some really nice people. We see them a few times a week & have given us the opportunity to meet up with their friends too. Got a Hog spit, choccy fountain, Pool party to go to in a couple of weeks, will be fun..

As for life improvement, defo! Yep it has happened. Kids see simon everyday. He now works at the Sunshine Uni Sports Complex, so he's home in 8 mins.. just in time to grab his board & head to the beach ( i did try surfing and didnt get too far after a near drowningI'll stick the body variety)

As for food, petrol & house prices, its very expensive on the sunny coast. i know food is more expensive than in Brissie and suburbs. We do have a smaller population than our neighbours though so its understandable. But give me the peace of the sunny coast to the gold anyday. its nice down there but always nice to come home...

So 6 mths in, not been homesick. Si had a tickle of it and Abi was the worst hit, but as for me and boys Wont go back to UK, Dont want to 'visit' UK and i have finally given it the finger! xxxxxx

Well done to us all & good luck to any Marchie 07 Still waiting to come to this glorious place called 'Home' which is paradise! xxx

had loads more to say but not had a drink & didnt want to bore your tits off!

S-j x
Old May 29th 2008, 12:16 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Crikey ello SJ.

Tell you what hun it aint bad is it this place called Oz eh?

We are loving it its great............good to hear your still loving it too woohoo !!!
Old May 29th 2008, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

rosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nice

Great post SJ, I am glad that everything has worked out for you all. As for us we are still in the uk, although things are starting to move, we got an offer on the house at the w/e and we have had a survey done today, so all looking good.

The best part is that the buyers have only 1 person in the chain and they are exchanging contracts this week, so all going well, we could be in sunny Oz for August.......

So please keep your fingers and toes crossed for us and hope that everything goes through..

Lesley-ann
Old May 30th 2008, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Welcome back s-j missed your churpy post. Glad to hear you havent changed you always have a half full glass not half empty.
Well weve been here 5 months all bar a week and on the hole still loving it. From all the research ive done the first 6mths is the honeymoon period.
Having said that lifes definately changed for us too;
OH works 8-3 mon-fri with no bank holidays at the hospital i work at, lots less money than he earned in Uk he only earns $17 per hr in the uk he earned £30 ! and as a storeperson definately a step down from being a warehouse manager. He is slowly adjusting to not being in charge, being told what to do too. At first he didnt like it, now he kinda likes the stressless day not being on call 24/7 as he was in Uk finishing on time being home in 10mins too. Im liking him doing the hours as he gets to do most of the cooking and ironing ace. Kids never seen so much of him in 17yrs, thats how long he was at old employment. Bonus he can salary sacrific so pays less tax which puts his earnings up a little more.
Ee definately didnt like my job to start with went froma being an acute medical nurse to an orthopedic but in the last week have started to settle into my role on the ward and feeling heaps better. Again only 10 mins from home but cant do much about the crappy shift work you get as a nurse. I too salary sacrific so take home more than i did in the Uk with the salary sacrificing making it a little more again.we both have a pension paid by the hospital too which is very good. the kids well theyve taken longer to settle Lucy [22] works 14hrs a week in shoe/handbag shop and quite likes it shes got herself a loan to get herself a car something that would never have happened in Uk they would have entertained giving her one on p/t. This is a girl who hadnt driven in the Uk for 4 yrs cos of a road rage incident because of her stalling at traffic ligts put her off driving. We got a auto hyudai and she hasnt looked back shes driving everywhere lovely to watch. Her confidence has grown heaps her boyfriend is due for a 2nd visit on 4th june thats the only down side he is the draw to go back home. It has taken 4 mths for her to talk to my family without bursting into tears thats was gut renching which in turn made me cry and feel like a horribly selfish mum for taking her away from them.
Richard [19]took ages to get work he has finally secured a engineering traineeship for $6 an hr!!! for 12 mths with the chance to go onto a fabrication/boilermaker apprenticeship which he is really banking on. if he gets it he will go straight in at yr 2 because of doing the traineeship. its at a boat building firm he's really starting to like it and fit in. he plays soccer for a local not so good team every week trains twice a week and plays on a saturday. he again is just starting to fit in with the lads. I hope soon they will ask or he will ask to join them after the game for a night out. hes a little shy that way buti have my fingers crossed as he was always out in the uK having said that i was always worried he would end up in some fight or something with all the yobs there!
We live 15-40 mins from 5 beaches which is ace, although not visited quite as much now as its a bit chilly. We always seem to be doing something with the friends we already had out her although having said that we are being invited to other things without them more. there been 3 BE families move here since christmas met one family and arranging a meet for all of us at the moment. Lifestyle definaetly better family life heaps better we go everywhere together eat out loads.
Add to this our house as just started to be built although typically as they was starting to prepare the land its decided to rain which ive heard is set for the next week but haho thats the way it goes, we are still on track to be in by beginning of sept.This house would only have been a dream house in the Uk but it will be ours real soon. 4bed 2bath, lounge, family, dinning rooms laundry patio and pool. We own the land and yes the mortgage will be high but then our mortgage would have been in the Uk its everything else thats is cheaper and the lifestyle is one we definately would not have had in the uk. How many people see thir adult children everyday inthe UK
Food, petrol house prices still reasonable and bills defo cheaper so ita ll pans out even i think. We have no debt no credit card money in the bank a nd ticking over nicely thankyou. No deaths, divorce etc yet from uk to contend with but like s-j says tese things happen where ever you are we will cross that bridge when we get to it.
Home sick my daughter yes but thats the boyfriend pull wh she talks to daily on msn with webcam son i think he has been but not said. me and hubby only when waled was playing 6 nations but nothing else although this week missed my nephews for some reason
But all in all its great we go to work in the sun -generally = and home in the sun what more could one ask for.
so i will go now back off to bed been on nights so got to go get some more shut eye. hope ive not bored you with how its been so far
Good luck to those still waiting to get here it will be well worth the wait
Byeee
Teryna
Ps sorry if any spelling mistakes
Old May 30th 2008, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Nice posts guys, we should flip over to the other thread i think, the marchies updates, but something about this one that cannot die! Got to get Lesley-Ann over first!

Not be long for you now hon, got all my bits crossed for you. so sorry i've neglected you all the last 3mths. when i was without the lappy for around 7ish weeks you just fall out of the habit. dont use it no where near as much now. always out n about..

so pleased we are all adapting to life here. There are a few going home that i know, but it aint for some eh? Bet a couple of em will be back! Ping Pong ding dong! xxx
Old May 31st 2008, 2:28 am
BE Enthusiast

bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
Nice posts guys, we should flip over to the other thread i think, the marchies updates, but something about this one that cannot die! Got to get Lesley-Ann over first!

Not be long for you now hon, got all my bits crossed for you. so sorry i've neglected you all the last 3mths. when i was without the lappy for around 7ish weeks you just fall out of the habit. dont use it no where near as much now. always out n about..

so pleased we are all adapting to life here. There are a few going home that i know, but it aint for some eh? Bet a couple of em will be back! Ping Pong ding dong! xxx
S-J
o no i hope none of the march 07 are going back to the Uk.
Weve coniously made an effort to stop callin the Uk home this is home now. Home is most definately where the heart is a?
Teryna
PS when is this rain going to stop??? it reminds me of being in the UK!!
Old May 31st 2008, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bundybell
S-J
o no i hope none of the march 07 are going back to the Uk.
Weve coniously made an effort to stop callin the Uk home this is home now. Home is most definately where the heart is a?
Teryna
PS when is this rain going to stop??? it reminds me of being in the UK!!
I said the same yesterday, i made soup and a stew! Today we've made Cookies! However after last nights downpour it's been dry so far........................

Not yet for the Marchies, just a few off the site. A real shame..

But not me! However didnt do myself any favours last nite, had a bottle of Red, watched Silent Witness n Spooks, rang me mum and then Dad at work. But then WOOHOO! Dad says he might be coming in late Sept/Oct!! for 3wks!

FOOK! its just started raining!!!!

More cookies anyone??

S-j xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Missed you all....

Will get kels on again.. x Her and Andy moving today, nice day for it eh?
Old May 31st 2008, 4:06 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
I said the same yesterday, i made soup and a stew! Today we've made Cookies! However after last nights downpour it's been dry so far........................

Not yet for the Marchies, just a few off the site. A real shame..

But not me! However didnt do myself any favours last nite, had a bottle of Red, watched Silent Witness n Spooks, rang me mum and then Dad at work. But then WOOHOO! Dad says he might be coming in late Sept/Oct!! for 3wks!

FOOK! its just started raining!!!!

More cookies anyone??

S-j xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Missed you all....

Will get kels on again.. x Her and Andy moving today, nice day for it eh?
Where r they moving too then?
Old May 31st 2008, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

just had couple of wines too !!
fed u[p with the rain but ha ho we bloody need it.
ace this life a ?? going to friends for brekie tomoz he's making welsh cakes lush a.
no chance of my mum and dad coming out im afraid both in their 70s mum wont even fly to spain dad had a stroke 4 mths before we left. so we will have to go back to see them.
have to go got a son behind me wanting the computor hes really bored sooo missing his mates this is a real worry. wish my kids were younger be easier keeping them here. Perhaps we should have moved somewhere else a but cant do owt about it now. dont know what to do to get them to meet friends they just wont get out there and ask those they know what they are doing. Dont know bout you but ozzies wont ask you to join in but at the same time wont turn you down if you ask to join in
whats one supposed to do a???
Teryna

Last edited by Pollyana; Jun 3rd 2008 at 12:37 pm. Reason: removing quote as post has been deleted
Old Jun 1st 2008, 1:57 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

We're orite kid, got lotsa stuff sorted since I saw you last. Doing our liquor license course next week, out on a fishing trip tomorrow.

I've gotta give the booze a rest, the Cairns lifestyle make it too easy to go out and get smashed with all the backpackers every night.

We can't wait to get in to that place now and crack on working...doing nothing can be boring....

Had my first aussie hair cut though and it turned out a treat, thinner and shorter again!!

Kristian has more pics on facebook if you wanna have a nose....we may be back down your way once more before we take over...let you know

estxxxx

Last edited by Pollyana; Jun 3rd 2008 at 12:37 pm. Reason: removing quote as post has been deleted
Old Jun 1st 2008, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Well Est, went for my liquor licence last night, i should've got a certificate or sommat! i did really well too... .Did a bit of stand up comedy for all the smokers outside, had a right crowd laughing their heads off... Really enjoyed it, had the roast beef & pork carvery, dead nice, music shite though.... it was this lasses birthday & even after a shit load of jack and cokes i still couldn't find my rhythm!

Just ring when you're coming!

AHH Teryna! What you gonna do chick... Thought about getting them to a skate park & getting them a Board, you've probably already done this.. ? Surf lessons? Money permitting, Jetski session? anything that would grab their attention. What about a snorkel set and going snorkelling. Do they have steamers? Would be fun for all of you. Thought about limiting the lappy time on MSN, the more they go on it the more they're homesick...

I would definately not go back to UK anytime soon with them as they might stay.. Give em time Teryna.. xxx
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

J-J-F-C will become famous soon enough

Well S-j sounds like you were in the surf club last night too!.... pork and beef carvery eh! Didnt see ya hun but left early as we had little one with us.

Hey all you guys its been a long long time since we posted....Having too much fun me thinks..... but we are also having a ball and enjoying the lifestyle here. We are in Buderim on the beautiful Sunshine Coast only 10 mins from s-j. We have been here 4 months now and settling well. The kids 15 and 12 have made some good friends and have also settled well into their new lives and love the beach, bodyboarding, surfing, fishing, skateboarding etc etc..... oh yeah and being a teenager aarrrrgggggggh.

Good to hear others are also having fun even through some trying times. Good luck to everyone who has made the move and to those still waiting.... It is worth the wait

Chris
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:41 am
Loving it in SA

Dnt moan about the rain guys, we would love some down here.

We went out looking for whales today, but didnt see any but we saw lots and lots of dolphins its amazing to seen them they even had lil baby one with them too.

All in all were loving it guys...........Kat should be on to do another update pretty soon.

TC

XXX

KOH
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
Dnt moan about the rain guys, we would love some down here.

We went out looking for whales today, but didnt see any but we saw lots and lots of dolphins its amazing to seen them they even had lil baby one with them too.

All in all were loving it guys...........Kat should be on to do another update pretty soon.

TC

XXX

KOH
Who's moaning about the rain?? Not me! I love the rain, that's one of the reason we moved to sunny coast, its very wet here. rains almost every night here in the summer and water restrictions are minimal compared to Brissie etc... Great! Sub tropical and all that.
We're taking a trip on the Steve Irwin Whale watching vessel when the ocean calms down a bit, how cool is it living here. AMAZING Done stacks and gonna carry on with it..

The award for cramming loads into a small time has got to go to Esther and Mr K though... they got smoke coming out of their asses!!! xxx S-j

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.