January 2010 Applicants

Old Jun 2nd 2010, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Drifty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: January 2010 Applicants

Originally Posted by Pollyana
....a rumour which starts in around October every year an is trotted out at intervals until June 30th..........
Right.. but according to the major timeline sites, there used to be many more granted applicants during the same period a year ago. Two friends of mine with pre-grand letters and paid VAC2 fee receipts on hands have been waiting for their 175 and 176 CSL visas for more than a months already. Could you recall any cases like that?
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ashfaq
I also think like that but is it confirmed or just a thought like me.
Just a thought, based upon timelines and feedback from fellow applicants.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

aahmed is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: January 2010 Applicants

Originally Posted by Drifty
Right.. but according to the major timeline sites, there used to be many more granted applicants during the same period a year ago. Two friends of mine with pre-grand letters and paid VAC2 fee receipts on hands have been waiting for their 175 and 176 CSL visas for more than a months already. Could you recall any cases like that?
Hey Drifty,

Can you please give me web reference of such applicant , as far as I know after paying 2VAC , it takes max 1 week to get grant letter ( if paid by e-transfer)

Regards
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 11:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

No, becaus I don't really have anu interest in whether cases are paying the VAC2 charge so have no idea about grant times for them.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by aahmed
Hey Drifty,

Can you please give me web reference of such applicant , as far as I know after paying 2VAC , it takes max 1 week to get grant letter ( if paid by e-transfer)

Regards
Hey Aahmed, that forum is not in English. I'll handle them a link to this post and they will make an appearance themselves if interested. Are you in the same boat, VAC2 requested and paid, still waiting? We all agree that's something quite unusual.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Aahmed, that forum is not in English. I'll handle them a link to this post and they will make an appearance themselves if interested. Are you in the same boat, VAC2 requested and paid, still waiting? We all agree that's something quite unusual.
NO , Not Yet , All docs met , waiting for mail from CO for 2VAC.
That's why was qurious , please send me link , if page is not in english then I have google , No problem.

Regards
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

NO , Not Yet , All docs met , waiting for mail from CO for 2VAC.
That's why was qurious , please send me link , if page is not in english then I have google , No problem.

Regards
I just did as I offered above. I'm not sure whether the people I mentioned are comfortable with being approached and questioned, so if they have something to comment here they will do themselves.

But these are the bare facts: meds requested and finalized, VAC2 requested and paid, all documents marked as met a month ago.There's really nothing else to add.
DIAC keep their lips tight and do not explain why there is a delay. It's not advisable to bug them and seek answers either, they are not obliged to give any estimates beyond what's provided in their charter, and they won't.

In my case, I do not have to pay VAC2 as we've submitted IETLS results of my wife along with our medicals. At that point DIAC confirmed no other document were further required and there's been silence since then. So I'm pretty much in the same boat, besides I might have had little more peace of mind, had we chosen to pay VAC2 and have done so.

From my statistical micro-research across various timelines and forums, the CSL processing rules got changed sometimes in March. Until then, it would be common to expect a grant in a week or two once the medicals had been finalized and VAC2 paid (if requested). That was usually true for applications without ASIO assessment and where meds/pcc were requested by COs (rather than front-loaded). This is no longer the case. There's certainly much lower figure of GSM grants in April-May 2010 than in the same season of 2009. We may only speculate about what's going on and we hope it's the quota.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

infojami will become famous soon enough

Hi,

At "view entitlement details" of online visa application status inquiry page, it was showing "No current visa" since my application lodgement date. But today (03.06.2010) it is not showing anything.

Anyone has experience like this?
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

aliah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nice

Originally Posted by infojami
Hi,

At "view entitlement details" of online visa application status inquiry page, it was showing "No current visa" since my application lodgement date. But today (03.06.2010) it is not showing anything.

same here...i checked just now...only showing current time and date and my passport no.while"no current visa"is removed!may be some back end issue!
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

s_jose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aliah
same here...i checked just now...only showing current time and date and my passport no.while"no current visa"is removed!may be some back end issue!
Yes, same case with me too.. When i checked 2 hrs back, it said "No current visa".. but now that is not displayed.. could be some backend issue.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: January 2010 Applicants

I just did as I offered above. I'm not sure whether the people I mentioned are comfortable with being approached and questioned, so if they have something to comment here they will do themselves.

But these are the bare facts: meds requested and finalized, VAC2 requested and paid, all documents marked as met a month ago.There's really nothing else to add.
DIAC keep their lips tight and do not explain why there is a delay. It's not advisable to bug them and seek answers either, they are not obliged to give any estimates beyond what's provided in their charter, and they won't.

In my case, I do not have to pay VAC2 as we've submitted IETLS results of my wife along with our medicals. At that point DIAC confirmed no other document were further required and there's been silence since then. So I'm pretty much in the same boat, besides I might have had little more peace of mind, had we chosen to pay VAC2 and have done so.

From my statistical micro-research across various timelines and forums, the CSL processing rules got changed sometimes in March. Until then, it would be common to expect a grant in a week or two once the medicals had been finalized and VAC2 paid (if requested). That was usually true for applications without ASIO assessment and where meds/pcc were requested by COs (rather than front-loaded). This is no longer the case. There's certainly much lower figure of GSM grants in April-May 2010 than in the same season of 2009. We may only speculate about what's going on and we hope it's the quota.
Thank you so much for your efforts.
Fare enough , Gud luck for your application.

Regards
ahmed
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

aliah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nice

Originally Posted by s_jose
Yes, same case with me too.. When i checked 2 hrs back, it said "No current visa".. but now that is not displayed.. could be some backend issue.
every minor update raises excitement whatever it is!
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

Thank you so much for your efforts.
Fare enough , Gud luck for your application.

Regards
ahmed
Good luck to you too and to all of us

Originally Posted by infojami
Hi,

Same here. I guess it is just maintenance.

Last edited by Drifty; Jun 3rd 2010 at 7:02 am. Reason: typos
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

Ahnissi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Drifty,
Hello, just have registered here to answer your post as Drifty promised.
I'm one of those people he was referring to. January'10 applicant, state-sponsored 176 CSL.
Got pre-grant letter on 14th April and paid VAC2 a few days later. ASPC issued VAC2 receipt on April 23rd.

I have actually ringed their call centre several days ago to try and clarify what's going on and was told my CO won't contact me until July. However, they confirmed that there's nothing wrong with the application itself, so it's just a waiting game.

Last edited by Ahnissi; Jun 3rd 2010 at 6:57 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ahnissi
Hello, just have registered here to answer your post as Drifty promised.
Ahnissi, thanks for being such a responsible person

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.