Wikiposts

February 2008 Applicants

Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: February 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by NikiL
Residency order for my stepson came through today and got my redundancy signed off

Haven't checked the lottery yet, can't remember where I've stashed the ticket

I'm anal about emails and keeping track of things, have a separate sub-folder for the updates within the Visa folder in my email. I need a life....
Great news!!! I saw your thread this morning about your SON (not step son - don't forget!!) I'm so glad that all the heart ache and terrible times you have been through have paid off.

Good news about the redundancy too. When are you leaving work?

You just need that lucky 3rd thing now. Let's hope it's the visa or you win a million on the lottery!
Old Jun 12th 2008, 2:48 am
aka Mrs Stressalot

jasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nice

You know guys....... I reckon the quota has been filled! You don't think it has but I do! Spoke to my agent this morning and they thought this could be the case, and if you think of all the extra thousands of applicants that applied Aug due to the points change it would stand to reason, wouldn't it?

Anyway - I might just cling onto the quota rumour because it is quite a positive rumour! If it's true then we'll see loads of visas post July 1

Hope you're all well Februarians
xxx
Old Jun 12th 2008, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Great news!!! I saw your thread this morning about your SON (not step son - don't forget!!) I'm so glad that all the heart ache and terrible times you have been through have paid off.

Good news about the redundancy too. When are you leaving work?

You just need that lucky 3rd thing now. Let's hope it's the visa or you win a million on the lottery!
It wasn't the lottery thats for sure but boy would I settle for the visa!

Leave work end of August bring it on
Old Jun 12th 2008, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jasb
You know guys....... I reckon the quota has been filled! You don't think it has but I do! Spoke to my agent this morning and they thought this could be the case, and if you think of all the extra thousands of applicants that applied Aug due to the points change it would stand to reason, wouldn't it?

Anyway - I might just cling onto the quota rumour because it is quite a positive rumour! If it's true then we'll see loads of visas post July 1

Hope you're all well Februarians
xxx
Hi Jasb

We had an email from our agent this morning re quota (I hope I do it right!!).

.....I would like to keep you up-to-date with the processing times for General Skilled Migration visas. Our office has not had one approval or email from DIAC for the last 2 weeks. We have contacted other agency's and the we've had a similar response from them.

There is a strong rumour, but not confirmed, that the amount of skilled visas DIAC has allocated for the 2007/2008 financial year, have run out. We assume that after the 01 July 2008 we will start to receive correspondence from DIAC again.

This will mean that processing times for visa applications have extended by another month - bringing the approximate total time to process a general skilled visa to 10-11 months.

It is suggested that all clients do not complete medical examinations or obtain police clearances, unless requested to do so.

Those applicants' who have undergone medical examinations and obtained police clearances, need to be aware that your visa must be activated 12 months from undertaking your medical examinations or obtaining your police clearances. Thus not leaving much time between approval of your visa and the entry date to Australia. If this is going to be a problem the only way to extend the entry date (to activate your visa) is for all applicants to re-do medical examinations and obtain police clearances again. The other alternative is to enter Australia, by the given date, for a holiday - remembering ALL applicants need to enter Australia. This will activate your visa and give you the option to return to Oz at a later stage when you have tied up loose ends in the UK.

Roll on 1st July
Old Jun 12th 2008, 6:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NikiL
It wasn't the lottery thats for sure but boy would I settle for the visa!

Leave work end of August bring it on:
Not long now until you leave! Hope you get the visa soon too.

Originally Posted by Basty
Hi Jasb

.....I would like to keep you up-to-date with the processing times for General Skilled Migration visas. Our office has not had one approval or email from DIAC for the last 2 weeks. We have contacted other agency's and the we've had a similar response from them.

There is a strong rumour, but not confirmed, that the amount of skilled visas DIAC has allocated for the 2007/2008 financial year, have run out. We assume that after the 01 July 2008 we will start to receive correspondence from DIAC again.

This will mean that processing times for visa applications have extended by another month - bringing the approximate total time to process a general skilled visa to 10-11 months.

It is suggested that all clients do not complete medical examinations or obtain police clearances, unless requested to do so.

Those applicants' who have undergone medical examinations and obtained police clearances, need to be aware that your visa must be activated 12 months from undertaking your medical examinations or obtaining your police clearances. Thus not leaving much time between approval of your visa and the entry date to Australia. If this is going to be a problem the only way to extend the entry date (to activate your visa) is for all applicants to re-do medical examinations and obtain police clearances again. The other alternative is to enter Australia, by the given date, for a holiday - remembering ALL applicants need to enter Australia. This will activate your visa and give you the option to return to Oz at a later stage when you have tied up loose ends in the UK.

Roll on 1st July
Blinkin heck. That's a blow. We've done our meds too.... I don't think this should stop COs being allocated but it seems to have done. What ever happened to the 7 month service standard????
Old Jun 12th 2008, 7:33 am
aka Mrs Stressalot

jasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nice

Hi Jasb

Roll on 1st July
Thanks Basty.

Well I just have to hope that we'll see the visas before Christmas for Feb apps. Then don't have to worry about redoing meds. Don't care if I have to validate - christ I need a holiday - so that'll solve that problem! Will have to take out a loan though to validate - but past caring now

My agent thought things'll be ok without having to redo meds (run out March). If it's at Nov and things move Jul 1st then I see no reason to panic too much hahahahaha

Basty - did you sort out your probs with the buyers? Hope so....
All the best xxx
Old Jun 12th 2008, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

This from Alan - just confirming what Fiona already stated

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
A quick note to advise that I have spoken with a senior officer at the Skilled Processing Centre today who has confirmed that skilled visas are still being processed to grant.

However, the rate of visa grants has slowed as they move towards hitting the program total for 2007/08.

Best regards.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

This from Alan - just confirming what Fiona already stated

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
A quick note to advise that I have spoken with a senior officer at the Skilled Processing Centre today who has confirmed that skilled visas are still being processed to grant.

However, the rate of visa grants has slowed as they move towards hitting the program total for 2007/08.

Best regards.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jasb
Thanks Basty.

Well I just have to hope that we'll see the visas before Christmas for Feb apps. Then don't have to worry about redoing meds. Don't care if I have to validate - christ I need a holiday - so that'll solve that problem! Will have to take out a loan though to validate - but past caring now

My agent thought things'll be ok without having to redo meds (run out March). If it's at Nov and things move Jul 1st then I see no reason to panic too much hahahahaha

Basty - did you sort out your probs with the buyers? Hope so....
All the best xxx
The buyers still want our property but have had a few probs which I think have now been sorted but I am waiting for a phone call from the EA today to confirm that the mortgage app has bneen sorted Not too worried as long as we keep them - which they still appear to be keen, it means less time in a rental and less storage charges
Old Jun 13th 2008, 1:53 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

The buyers still want our property but have had a few probs which I think have now been sorted but I am waiting for a phone call from the EA today to confirm that the mortgage app has bneen sorted Not too worried as long as we keep them - which they still appear to be keen, it means less time in a rental and less storage charges

Glad to hear it's back on track
Old Jun 13th 2008, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Basty -

Here's hoping it continues to go through!

How's your OH's departure coming? (Or did I miss that?)

Sorry for the duplicate posts. The browser churns and churns but it doesn't appear to post. So I send it again then there are 2!

Last edited by tiger222; Jun 13th 2008 at 2:48 am. Reason: edit
Old Jun 13th 2008, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

just been catching up on all the news! fingers crossed for 1st july that things start moving.

Basty, hope all the house stuff gets sorted. we've had no one round since the meet up, reduced the price and the EA forgot to change it on all their information idiots!

trying to stay positive about the slowness of everything. resigned ourselves to not going until at least january and now feel a bit better about everything.

definitely gonna by a lottery ticket tho. double rollover guys
Old Jun 15th 2008, 6:21 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Found the thread on the 4th page
Old Jun 15th 2008, 7:14 am
Just Joined

kellymarie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mairead
Hi All,

As we have finally passed our Skills assessment we plan on lodging our application tonight. Just wondering if there is anyone hoping to lodge or have lodge the apps this month.

Mairead
Hi, just a query. we really dont understand any the process. so just a few questions. we have done the assesment, and passed with flying colours on an idependant skilled visa. have you spoken to a migrant officer? how and when do you know what to do next? sorry if we sound a bit dim, but we're so nervous we're gonna get it wrong. hoping to get to queensland next year, for a 2 week hol, how and what do you apply for on long like you've stated. im a fully qualified hairdresser, have been for years. thanks for your time, and congrats.
Old Jun 15th 2008, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kellymarie
Hi, just a query. we really dont understand any the process. so just a few questions. we have done the assesment, and passed with flying colours on an idependant skilled visa. have you spoken to a migrant officer? how and when do you know what to do next? sorry if we sound a bit dim, but we're so nervous we're gonna get it wrong. hoping to get to queensland next year, for a 2 week hol, how and what do you apply for on long like you've stated. im a fully qualified hairdresser, have been for years. thanks for your time, and congrats.
KellyMarie -

The Assessment is the first step. Then you can lodge the visa application either online or with a paper application - paper takes longer to process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.