Wikiposts

February 2008 Applicants

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: February 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
There's a message in there somewhere.
There certainly is ...... That Im a better driver than OH
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

There's a message in there somewhere.

Meant to tell you about the car KN. If you can recall when you were having trouble with your car I was also experiencing a few expensive difficulties also. Turns out I now need a new catalade converter (sp??) and a new engine!!! Do you think anyone would buy the car for parts off me or do you reckon Ill have to pay a scrap yard to take it? Its a 98 VW passat.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mairead
Meant to tell you about the car KN. If you can recall when you were having trouble with your car I was also experiencing a few expensive difficulties also. Turns out I now need a new catalade converter (sp??) and a new engine!!! Do you think anyone would buy the car for parts off me or do you reckon Ill have to pay a scrap yard to take it? Its a 98 VW passat.
I assume you're not doing your test in it? lol. I'd say price passats of that age in CBG. If the price makes it affordable to fix it up then do it. Theres plenty of scrap yards looking for parts though and these are decent cars.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Morning All

Hi Keely, we are doing fine, you? Have you exchanged yet???

The shippers we had in yesterday were Whites - however he may have given me the free storage because we have used them in the past - don't know
We have PSS coming tomorrow so I will wait and compare

IELTS - I was under the impression that if you were doing the exam for the extra 5 points you have to sit the exam prior to lodgement (this is what our agent told us) because once your app is lodged it is lodged without enough points to reach the required pass mark so will be automatically put in a different pool than the rest and also what happens if you don't pass the exam!!!! My OH didn't pass and to save him time, stress and money sitting it again we opted for State sponsorship because we were 5 points shy and our agent said it wouldn't go through

'it may be raining, and there has been no movement again - but keep smiling everyone'
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

kdiggers has a spectacular aura aboutkdiggers has a spectacular aura aboutkdiggers has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Basty
Morning All

Hi Keely, we are doing fine, you? Have you exchanged yet???

:
Hi Fiona,

the answer to your question is NO NO NO NO :curse::curse::curse:! !

I am waiting for my solicitors to phone me back from yesterday, our buyer is now waiting for the results of a magnetic test he had done on a pillon on the playing fields by our house ! ! ! What else can he get tested ! ! ! ! I think he has had every single test done possible.... Perhaps he should get a test on whether he will put pen to paper and sign this contract ! ! ! !

Keely.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kdiggers
Hi Fiona,

the answer to your question is NO NO NO NO :curse::curse::curse:! !

I am waiting for my solicitors to phone me back from yesterday, our buyer is now waiting for the results of a magnetic test he had done on a pillon on the playing fields by our house ! ! ! What else can he get tested ! ! ! ! I think he has had every single test done possible.... Perhaps he should get a test on whether he will put pen to paper and sign this contract ! ! ! !

Keely.
Bummer - mind you that means less time at your mums
Weather is awful here and we are supposed to be going swimming lessons in a minute I'm hoping Brooke won't want to go
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mary1967
The way i read George's post it is that it's ok to lodge the application and submit the IELTS at a later stage, providing the IELTS bit to secure extra points is done BEFORE a CO starts assessing it. The main problem with this is that we don't know when a CO will start to assess it, but seeing there's a bit of a backlog at the moment, it shouldn't be too much of an issue if it's done relatively quickly.
Thanks for that Mary! I think posting positive IELTS results within 35 days of lodging the Visa application is "relatively quickly"

I had a lot of bad dreams last night where we had sold the house, moved into temporary, then didn't get a visa because we were "pooled".

I feel better today - a little considered that I didn't use the "contact us" link until yesterday. Just figured they would see the IELTS when they opened the file to review the documents.

The bad thing about lodging the visa without the required points is that the computer issues a warning - so that makes my programmer husband think that any flunky can just look at the points print out and put those in the pool without looking any further at the situation or attachments. I'm relying on humans to review the attachments before making a decision.

In case you're wondering why we lodged before having enough points - birthdays pending. The DIAC website said if you meet the basic requirements, and pressed for age, then lodge and meet the rest of the points as soon as possible.

Hope it will be OK. Thanks for listening.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Tiger is it an American passport you have? If so you should be ok as that automatically gives you the 15 points which according to George's original post means you can submit the IELTS after visa lodgment.
Yes, we have a US passport. Yes, we had the 15 points for that. We needed 10 more points. I'm just worried that we'll be pooled before they even look at the IELTS results as we didn't enter that bit at the time of the application. I tried to enter the test center and the date of the test, but computer wouldn't accept it as it was a date in the future at the time. Anyway, I'm hoping it will all work out!
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Sorry to hear about the car, Mairead. That's a huge expense! I'd check around for scrap yards. 98 is old enough. Maybe you could get a 2001 next time.

Last fall I sold my 93 Toyota Previa and bought a 2001 Toyota Sienna. I love my Sienna! I need the people movers with 4 kids.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Basty
IELTS - I was under the impression that if you were doing the exam for the extra 5 points you have to sit the exam prior to lodgement (this is what our agent told us) because once your app is lodged it is lodged without enough points to reach the required pass mark so will be automatically put in a different pool than the rest and also what happens if you don't pass the exam!!!! My OH didn't pass and to save him time, stress and money sitting it again we opted for State sponsorship because we were 5 points shy and our agent said it wouldn't go through
Oh, Basty, my stomach is beginning to tie into knots again after hearing your story. We lodged early because both our birthdays were pending...which would make us ineligible.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiger222
Oh, Basty, my stomach is beginning to tie into knots again after hearing your story. We lodged early because both our birthdays were pending...which would make us ineligible.
An agent told me that they regularly lodge apps for people with uk passports that need the IELTS points without actually having the IELTS first. They are able to lodge a change of circumstances form after the app is lodged.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

An agent told me that they regularly lodge apps for people with uk passports that need the IELTS points without actually having the IELTS first. They are able to lodge a change of circumstances form after the app is lodged.
A change of circumstances form....hmmm...I'll have to look into that! Thanks, Nige! Anything to prevent from being put into the pool after all this!
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tiger222
I'm sure it will all work out fine
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 3:49 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all for the best wishes!! Got the day of the test wrong last week so it actually tomorrow which thankfully gives me more time for some practice!!! OH's dad is a driving instructor and he took me on the route yesterday. The first time I failed and the next two times I passed so hopefully I should be ok for tomorrow.

God lads the weather is gorgeous here. WE had a long weekend here in Ireland and spent most of the time on the beach!!!

Good luck tomorrow!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 3:57 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just copied this off one of the automated emails:

"Providing evidence of commencing health, character and IELTS requirements

Applicants requested to provide health, character, or IELTS testing results
to support their application do not need to provide copies of receipts
unless specifically asked to do so; however, you do need to advise this
office:
1. The examination dates for medical checks;
2. The police clearances applied for and the date the application was
made;
3. The details of any IELTS test/s booked including test dates and the
name and location of the test centre.

Provided that you do this before the due date in any request letter from
the department you do not need to request an extension of time if you are
waiting to receive police clearances or IELTS results."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.