Wikiposts

February 2008 Applicants

Old May 30th 2008, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: February 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by bahaa.mourad
Hi All
im new to post here im feb applicant and got a question if any one can help
in this.

if u r changing ur job hence u r changing ur address what kind of forms should i fill is it change circumstances alone or another form naked change address and/or change passport ?
how i can notify if not allocated to CO yet ?
Welcome to thread!!! Its the form 1022 you need. If you upload that to your app its should do the trick.
Old May 31st 2008, 3:06 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tiger222
Then the Swedish (20 something) Blonde nurse/doctor walks in....
Originally Posted by Fly Away
No, that bit's all in his imagination.
and WHAT an imagination!!!!!

PMSL.......................You two are terrible
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:18 pm

Rather quiet on here - How's everyone doing?
Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bahaa.mourad
Hi All
im new to post here im feb applicant and got a question if any one can help
in this.

if u r changing ur job hence u r changing ur address what kind of forms should i fill is it change circumstances alone or another form naked change address and/or change passport ?
how i can notify if not allocated to CO yet ?
OK now I'm wondering what we need to do as OH (applicant) resigned from his position. He is now officially "self employed" but receives a paycheck from an agency. Do we need to inform DIAC of the change of employment? I had thought that they only care up to the day of lodgment. Please help me understand what to do.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:38 pm

OK now I'm wondering what we need to do as OH (applicant) resigned from his position. He is now officially "self employed" but receives a paycheck from an agency. Do we need to inform DIAC of the change of employment? I had thought that they only care up to the day of lodgment. Please help me understand what to do.

No idea, sorry.

Try asking Fly Away, she seems pretty good on stuff like this.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Hi
Our agent told us they were only interested up to the date of lodgement, we were told that OH could bummer around for 6 months and they wouldn't be interested I didn't bother telling OH that though
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mary1967
Rather quiet on here - How's everyone doing?
I think everyone has slowed down like DIAC Mary, we all know that it is going to take longer than anticipated
Have been out this morning to some letting agents to see if 2 that we have seen will allow pets - now I have to sit and wait for answers before booking to see them trouble is I don't like waiting
Got meeting at the Junior school tonight about the new school year in Sept and what is expected of them all, not sure if I really want to go, might be a bit upsetting, it is really starting to sink in now, as we could be out of our house in 6 weeks
Also got a shipping company coming this afternoon to quote for shipping and storage
Anyway hope you are all well and that you have enjoyed the weekend
Old Jun 1st 2008, 11:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mary1967
No idea, sorry.

Try asking Fly Away, she seems pretty good on stuff like this.
PMSL... I am the oracle.

Originally Posted by Basty
Hi
Our agent told us they were only interested up to the date of lodgement, we were told that OH could bummer around for 6 months and they wouldn't be interested I didn't bother telling OH that though
That's true - you have to have met the requirements on the day of lodgeemnt - ie 3 years out of the last 4 in the proffession you have a skills assessment in. HOWEVER I have seen people asked for recent payslips... (don't know their circumstances though)We are just loading OH's proof of employment on to the application as it comes in. Having said that, if you have 4 years experience - even a year unemployed doesn't matter.

I think everyone has slowed down like DIAC Mary, we all know that it is going to take longer than anticipated
Have been out this morning to some letting agents to see if 2 that we have seen will allow pets - now I have to sit and wait for answers before booking to see them trouble is I don't like waiting
Got meeting at the Junior school tonight about the new school year in Sept and what is expected of them all, not sure if I really want to go, might be a bit upsetting, it is really starting to sink in now, as we could be out of our house in 6 weeks
Also got a shipping company coming this afternoon to quote for shipping and storage
You're better selling now Basty. We are going into rented - even if it is for a few months just to ensure we have the flexibility. It will save us money every month too. Good luck tonight - just think of it as temporary and maybe he won't even have to start. I reckon end August for Ffeb applicants.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Hi
PMSL... I am the oracle.

That's true - you have to have met the requirements on the day of lodgeemnt - ie 3 years out of the last 4 in the proffession you have a skills assessment in. HOWEVER I have seen people asked for recent payslips... (don't know their circumstances though)We are just loading OH's proof of employment on to the application as it comes in. Having said that, if you have 4 years experience - even a year unemployed doesn't matter.
Batsy - I like your answer! I'd love to not have to worry about it at all.

He met all the qualifications at lodgment. And he's still working in his profession - so no change there. Just if they call to verify employment, the answer will be "no he left 2 days after he lodged his visa application"

Do you think I should send in an email and upload this job's payslip in light of what you stated Flyaway (Oracle)? We have already uploaded payslips from all previous employers (over 8 years in the profession). Or just hope the CO asks us before calling around?

Was the advise to fill out form 1122 to the other OP because he had an address change too?

Thanks again.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

You're better selling now Basty. We are going into rented - even if it is for a few months just to ensure we have the flexibility. It will save us money every month too. Good luck tonight - just think of it as temporary and maybe he won't even have to start. I reckon end August for Ffeb applicants.
Batsy -

I agree with FlyAway - selling now - especially in the market your in - is wise.

FlyAway - I like your outlook - could you just change the timeline to "End of JULY for Febs" I'd feel a lot better about things.

On that note, Another November just got a CO this AM!!
Maybe things are moving again!!
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

I hope its moving, it has really slowed down recently - and what was it that was said on Oz radio - DIAC are employing more people by June to help with back log and then set up new offices in Perth Sydney and Adelaide to deal with their particular areas by end of July - not too sure about that or is it June and July 2009
I just wish that things would start moving.

We will lose money in rent cos we are hoping not to have to have the rental for the full 6 months but we have to pay for 6 months so if it all goes to plan and we go in Sept then we will have the rental til beginning of Jan
Never mind not looking at it that way, at least we can up and go at the last minute
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 5:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Batsy -

I agree with FlyAway - selling now - especially in the market your in - is wise.

Yes - interest rates are set to rise too.

FlyAway - I like your outlook - could you just change the timeline to "End of JULY for Febs" I'd feel a lot better about things.

OK - I'll say the end of July.

On that note, Another November just got a CO this AM!! Maybe things are moving again!!:
Good news - hopefully when the Augusts are done, we will get all the COs and things will start going quickly again.

I hope its moving, it has really slowed down recently - and what was it that was said on Oz radio - DIAC are employing more people by June to help with back log and then set up new offices in Perth Sydney and Adelaide to deal with their particular areas by end of July - not too sure about that or is it June and July 2009
I just wish that things would start moving.

We will lose money in rent cos we are hoping not to have to have the rental for the full 6 months but we have to pay for 6 months so if it all goes to plan and we go in Sept then we will have the rental til beginning of Jan
Never mind not looking at it that way, at least we can up and go at the last minute::
You don't have to pay 6mths rent Basty!!! You should have signed a standard variable short term tenancy agreement which gives you the RIGHT to give 1 months notice and the landlord the right to give you 2 months notice. Just giove a months notice and bobs your uncle - don't pay more than one months rent in advance either.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Good news - hopefully when the Augusts are done, we will get all the COs and things will start going quickly again.

You don't have to pay 6mths rent Basty!!! You should have signed a standard variable short term tenancy agreement which gives you the RIGHT to give 1 months notice and the landlord the right to give you 2 months notice. Just giove a months notice and bobs your uncle - don't pay more than one months rent in advance either.
See we were told by one agent that we would be liable for the 6 months unless they could find someone to take over from us!!!
I will make sure that we have that clause in then
Anyway the agents got back to us and one won't allow cats so that a no go and the other we are seeing on Saturday, won't be ready until then for viewing Fingers crossed it will be ok.
Shippers went well, they will give us 2 months free storage so hopefully that should bring us in line nicely - might have to pay one month but that is fine
Weather is sh*t but I can see the sunshine
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

kdiggers has a spectacular aura aboutkdiggers has a spectacular aura aboutkdiggers has a spectacular aura about

See we were told by one agent that we would be liable for the 6 months unless they could find someone to take over from us!!!
I will make sure that we have that clause in then
Anyway the agents got back to us and one won't allow cats so that a no go and the other we are seeing on Saturday, won't be ready until then for viewing Fingers crossed it will be ok.
Shippers went well, they will give us 2 months free storage so hopefully that should bring us in line nicely - might have to pay one month but that is fine
Weather is sh*t but I can see the sunshine
Hey Fiona,

How are you ???

Can I ask you what shipping co is giving you 2 months free storage ????

Keely.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Fly Away - Your statement makes it seem that this wait we've been experiencing lately is unusual? I am asking if the process has been quicker in months past because I've only known this painfully slow process. Although when I applied in April, I had hoped to receive the visa by September.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.