zaim_raza is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Feb 2009 Applications

Hi,

Any one have idea that when CO will be assign for my case
Old Aug 21st 2009, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

ClaireandPilch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feb 2009 Applications

Is it too late to join the "Good Ship" February Applicants?

We applied (176 with Family Sponsorship) on 13th Feb and have been sitting, waiting and dreaming of our new life. So it is great to stumble on you guys who are in the same boat. Although it looks like those with SS or CSL have already been lucky [congrats to them.]

Like most of you, I wish someone knew the timescales as all I want to know is something that I can work towards as everything is in place here in the UK so I "could" leave in a couple of days. But I suspect it will be months not weeks or days
Old Aug 21st 2009, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome and no of course it's not too late!

We're lucky enough to have a state sponsor and have a CO. Our meds are tomorrow morning. It is very frustrating this whole visa thing. We start as a 175 and then when the rules changed in March we decided to go for a 176 instead. It has taken what seems like forever getting this far!

DIAC do not make things easy nor do they play fair in my opinion. I get that they need to change the rules to suit the demands and needs of the country but once your in the queue, changed shouldn't affect you.

Hope you get some guidance really soon. I think once the MODL has been reviewed, things will become clearer!

Welcome again!

Janna
Old Aug 21st 2009, 7:41 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
Welcome and no of course it's not too late!

We're lucky enough to have a state sponsor and have a CO. Our meds are tomorrow morning. It is very frustrating this whole visa thing. We start as a 175 and then when the rules changed in March we decided to go for a 176 instead. It has taken what seems like forever getting this far!

DIAC do not make things easy nor do they play fair in my opinion. I get that they need to change the rules to suit the demands and needs of the country but once your in the queue, changed shouldn't affect you.

Hope you get some guidance really soon. I think once the MODL has been reviewed, things will become clearer!

Welcome again!

Janna
I find this last stage to be the worst and most stressful of the lot. Those who have gone directly from meds finalised one day to visa grant the next just don't know how lucky they are. My meds have been showing as finalised on the system since 13th July but no movement since then. With our house sold we're just hoping we get the grant before we find ourselves homeless. We've even been thinking about whether we should presume that the visa will be granted in due course and get on with our planned travels around Southern Africa and Asia for a few months in the expectation that we'll have that pink sticker by December. But then there's the "what if we don't get it?" fears. Inconceivable it might seem but life is like that sometimes. And with the kids there's no way that we can gamble with their education so it looks like we have to just sit tight until it comes through. I need a beer.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Janna. I am really jealous as it sounds like you are almost at the finish line. Fingers crossed that things move quickly for you and paulry.

My situation is not a million miles away from paulry as I have now rented out my house and need to move back to the area to get my youngest son in the same school as his brother . . . I echo paulry's solution. When the going get's tough, have a beer!!

Old Aug 21st 2009, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

The waiting is the hardest part! Even when you are on a "quick route". I don't envy your situation at all ClaireandPilch. I hope things pick up for you guys soon!

Feels like our lives are on hold until this is all over!

I echo that sentiment - have a beer!
Old Aug 21st 2009, 8:31 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know when the new MODL will be released? Is it right that I've heard that they are going to try and phase out the CSL in favour of the new MODL?
Old Aug 21st 2009, 8:54 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ClaireandPilch
Thanks Janna. I am really jealous as it sounds like you are almost at the finish line. Fingers crossed that things move quickly for you and paulry.

My situation is not a million miles away from paulry as I have now rented out my house and need to move back to the area to get my youngest son in the same school as his brother . . . I echo paulry's solution. When the going get's tough, have a beer!!

Is your younger son starting year 7 in September? Mine is. At least we have that sorted at the moment: both sons in the same school this coming school year. Without the visa I'm not looking forward to moving out of the house because we'll either have to stay with friends or rent a place out. But I guess thousands have been through the same and often much worse before us. Reaching for another beer
Old Aug 21st 2009, 9:04 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Anyone know when the new MODL will be released? Is it right that I've heard that they are going to try and phase out the CSL in favour of the new MODL?
That is what I read somewhere but it's all just speculation and rumour right now
Old Aug 21st 2009, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by paulry
Is your younger son starting year 7 in September? Mine is. At least we have that sorted at the moment: both sons in the same school this coming school year. Without the visa I'm not looking forward to moving out of the house because we'll either have to stay with friends or rent a place out. But I guess thousands have been through the same and often much worse before us. Reaching for another beer
He is a little younger and is going from yr2 to yr3. Both schools on the same site but there are 12 less places in the juniors. So every year they have to offload some kids. It is crazy!!
We have to apply later in the year but wont get the place unless we are in the area.

Moving out your house, I think, is / was one of the biggest steps, especially for my wife as she had to pack up and leave the family "nest." We moved out in May as we had a tenant that was perfect for us. It's tough but has to be done.
Time to pour another ...

Cheers
Pilch
Old Aug 21st 2009, 9:30 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

That is what I read somewhere but it's all just speculation and rumour right now
k
Old Aug 21st 2009, 9:50 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by ClaireandPilch
He is a little younger and is going from yr2 to yr3. Both schools on the same site but there are 12 less places in the juniors. So every year they have to offload some kids. It is crazy!!
We have to apply later in the year but wont get the place unless we are in the area.

Moving out your house, I think, is / was one of the biggest steps, especially for my wife as she had to pack up and leave the family "nest." We moved out in May as we had a tenant that was perfect for us. It's tough but has to be done.
Time to pour another ...

Cheers
Pilch
That must be quite traumatising for the poor kids that get unloaded.

Yes definately moving out is a big step. I think worse if it's to a kind of limboland, because you dont know if you're packing for international transport or for a nearby rental or staying over with friends or family. And especially if you've spent many happy years in your home. The kids too are a major worry because it can't be good for them not knowing whether they are staying or going. In hindsight it might have been better to have kept them completely in the dark about our plans until (armed with a visa) we announce that it's going to happen. Thankfully my two are good buddies so they are too busy having a laugh to worry about the things that we adults stress over.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 1:50 am
Just Joined

snoopyttm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ahmas
I noticed that Paper based applications from FEB are being allocated CO this week.
Hi! I'm a new comer.
I applied visa 175 online on 21 Feb 2009, on CSL,
shown "visa application commerce"
hand in all the documents on 22/03/09
but i'm still waiting for CO allocation.
What's matter?
Is it a separated or the same queue for onshore and offshore application now? The new policy is quite confusing in estimating the timeline to grant 175 visa.

Last edited by snoopyttm; Aug 22nd 2009 at 1:57 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: Feb 2009 Applications

Well meds all done, now just got to wait for the PCC's and we're done! Now we wait a wee bit longer.... I hope it's only a wee bit though!
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 11:40 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

It is implied that it will be phased out here

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...review/faq.htm

Cooler

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.