Feb 2009 Applications

Old Aug 19th 2009, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

shiv1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feb 2009 Applications

Hi All

Is requesting of medicals indicate assigning of CO To my case?

Please shed some light on this

Regards,

shiv
Old Aug 19th 2009, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

joshattack is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shiv1981
Hi All

Regards,

shiv
I am sure it is the case SHIV. As a fellow Civil Eng and Feb application I am hoping for the same too.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

namecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant future

Hi All

Regards,

shiv
Yes, if the email/letter received from DIAC then it indicates CO allocation. Congratulations.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Ahmas is an unknown quantity at this point

I noticed that Paper based applications from FEB are being allocated CO this week.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

We have a Case officer. All docs have been changed to “Met” and she has requested Meds and PCC which we do on Saturday. The PCC request has just gone in the post.

So exciting!
Old Aug 19th 2009, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

shiv1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dear Ones,

Thanks a lot for your inputs. Very happy to know. Got acknowledgement from DIAC for initiating medicals and PCC.

Regards,

Shiv
Old Aug 20th 2009, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

mokaddem99 has a brilliant futuremokaddem99 has a brilliant futuremokaddem99 has a brilliant futuremokaddem99 has a brilliant futuremokaddem99 has a brilliant futuremokaddem99 has a brilliant futuremokaddem99 has a brilliant future

Hi Dear Ones,

Thanks a lot for your inputs. Very happy to know. Got acknowledgement from DIAC for initiating medicals and PCC.

Regards,

Shiv
Hi Shiv,
Congratulation on having CO. Hope that u will get it soon......
Old Aug 20th 2009, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Hi Dear Ones,

Regards,

Shiv
Hi Man your day begins here
Old Aug 20th 2009, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

sarahhartopp will become famous soon enoughsarahhartopp will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
We have a Case officer. All docs have been changed to “Met” and she has requested Meds and PCC which we do on Saturday. The PCC request has just gone in the post.

So exciting!
hey well done at least things are moving

Can i just confirm something - i am on a 175 visa at present if i was to change to a 176 visa (as they seem to be moving much quicker) dose that mean i have to be sponsored by the state or an employer ie i am a nurse so would i have to contact a hospital to say that they would employee me or dose this visa have the state sponser me and then when i get out there or if i choose to before hand i find a job ?
Old Aug 20th 2009, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

I don't know much about the Employer Sponsored visa's.... But for the state sponsored visa, you would need to find a State with your occupation on the list... (Pretty sure that would be most of them) or see if the one you want to live in has you on their list. If so then you apply to them and once SS is approved you converts to a 176 free of charge and with not really much effort on your part.

We applied for WA SS in March. Took 4 months to come through making that July. Then took until yesterday for a CO to be allocated.

Hope this is of some assistance!

Old Aug 20th 2009, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh and you don't have to continue working in your sponsored field once you get to Oz if you don't want to nor do you have to find a job before you land!
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

sarahhartopp will become famous soon enoughsarahhartopp will become famous soon enough

I don't know much about the Employer Sponsored visa's.... But for the state sponsored visa, you would need to find a State with your occupation on the list... (Pretty sure that would be most of them) or see if the one you want to live in has you on their list. If so then you apply to them and once SS is approved you converts to a 176 free of charge and with not really much effort on your part.

We applied for WA SS in March. Took 4 months to come through making that July. Then took until yesterday for a CO to be allocated.

Hope this is of some assistance!

ok so i can stay with a 175 visa until the state has confirmed that they want me then i fill out a 176 visa form is that right? and then wait for a co to be allocated to me?
so how to i apply to a state i.e queensland? what do i do ?
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah your 175 just stay in the queue. You apply for SS by looking at the state's website of the place you want to live to make sure you are on their list of wanted skills. Some of the state have online application systems and others have paper based ones. You will need to provide the info they require and then wait.

Once you have SS, they ask you sign an agreement saying you will live and work in the state for 2 years. They will complete form 1100 which notifies DIAC that you are switching to a 176 application instead. You don't have to do anything extra, your 175 application will suffice.

DIAC will then approve your sponsorship and allocate a CO to you in the relevant timescale.

One thing to bear in mind is SS timelines have shot up due to the number of applicants. Took 4 months for WA SS instead of the project 4 - 6 weeks when we first applied.

There are threads on here for each state I think. Do a search for the one you want.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah your 175 just stay in the queue. You apply for SS by looking at the state's website of the place you want to live to make sure you are on their list of wanted skills. Some of the state have online application systems and others have paper based ones. You will need to provide the info they require and then wait.

Once you have SS, they ask you sign an agreement saying you will live and work in the state for 2 years. They will complete form 1100 which notifies DIAC that you are switching to a 176 application instead. You don't have to do anything extra, your 175 application will suffice.

DIAC will then approve your sponsorship and allocate a CO to you in the relevant timescale.

One thing to bear in mind is SS timelines have shot up due to the number of applicants. Took 4 months for WA SS instead of the project 4 - 6 weeks when we first applied.

There are threads on here for each state I think. Do a search for the one you want.
OK thanks

its just difficult to decide what to do, stay with my 175 visa which i lodged in Feb this year or change to a 176 visa. i thought by now i would have a CO considering that im on the critical list but it looks like 176 SS visas are quicker than 175, im happy to stay in queensland no problem there i just didnt want to be tied down to a certain hospital for 2 years if i didnt like it !!!!
Old Aug 20th 2009, 1:24 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahhartopp
OK thanks

its just difficult to decide what to do, stay with my 175 visa which i lodged in Feb this year or change to a 176 visa. i thought by now i would have a CO considering that im on the critical list but it looks like 176 SS visas are quicker than 175, im happy to stay in queensland no problem there i just didnt want to be tied down to a certain hospital for 2 years if i didnt like it !!!!
Since you are a nurse I don't think your skill will ever come off the CSL list so I would suggest you just sit tight with the CSL 175 application. Things will start moving very soon for you.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.