Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Aug 12th 2009, 10:07 am
Just Joined

jat1968 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Hi To you all,

Many Congratulations to missymon, jmm100uk and david day on your co allocation!!! Hope your journey is a smooth one.

Also
Good Luck to those people who are right at the end of the journey and whose visas are imminent, cheers

And
to all who are still in the waiting room may your journey soon start!!

Julie
Old Aug 12th 2009, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

marian and ian burgess is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Hello Again
Just had a phone call from our Agent ; the second instalment is requested already! My daughter only arranged the AOS on Monday (2 days ago) and she lives in Sydney about 3000 miles from Perth! Technology does have its uses.
Marian and Ian
Old Aug 12th 2009, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

sue32 is an unknown quantity at this point

wow that was quick! congratulations, won't be long before you have the fantastic red star - sue
Old Aug 12th 2009, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

gill aussie dreamer is an unknown quantity at this point

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS to those that have been allocated a case officer . I have my fingers toes and every thing else crossed for my visa to be granted next monday although i am on shore at the mo and have to pop off to singapore for my visa grant so shoul be able to go to immi on thursday for it to be put in my passport and then come back to aus as a permenant resident

gill almost an aussie
Old Aug 12th 2009, 5:49 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by miscellaneous
My son who lives in Melbourne also, has said the Bendigo bank is very good and helpful, also my daughter and her husband had no difficulty in opening an account while over there, done and dusted in a day, they also used a UK firm called Currency Solutions to transfer their house money at a very good rate, (albeit 2 yrs ago) the contact was Nigel Hodges = [email protected].
We were going to open an account with Bendigo Bank when in Oz in January 2008. We were planning to put all our savings there, but our son persuaded us not to, oh boy what a mistake!! Would have saved us a fortune. As tourists all we needed to open an account was a passport and air ticket!!

Cheers

Matt
Old Aug 12th 2009, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

jmm100uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Going by your experience (not the drinking part!!), I have just emailed PVC with a confirmation of our contact details. See if it works.

Where in deepest Norfolk are you?

Cheers

Matt.
I spoke to my case officer sometime in the very early hours of this morning, and despite having emailed AND phoned previously to change address, add information and confirm email contact, the CO had no record of it!!!! So - best to double check.

I am in Wiveton - between Cley and Blakeney. Was in Holt but sold the house in February so I'm renting - ready for the move to SA.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

jmm100uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gill aussie dreamer

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS to those that have been allocated a case officer . I have my fingers toes and every thing else crossed for my visa to be granted next monday although i am on shore at the mo and have to pop off to singapore for my visa grant so shoul be able to go to immi on thursday for it to be put in my passport and then come back to aus as a permenant resident

gill almost an aussie
A question - if you are in Oz where do you go to get your passport updated with the visa?
Old Aug 12th 2009, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by marian and ian burgess
Hello Again
Just had a phone call from our Agent ; the second instalment is requested already! My daughter only arranged the AOS on Monday (2 days ago) and she lives in Sydney about 3000 miles from Perth! Technology does have its uses.
Marian and Ian
Thats fast. If you look at the tracker there are some big time delays between AOS & 2nd payment. Mark213 paid AOS on 21/07/09 and is still waiting for request for 2nd payment. Why the differences?

Cheers

Matt
Old Aug 12th 2009, 8:48 pm
fiz
Forum Regular

fiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud of

Hi all-totally new to this as I have only found this site today.

My CPV application was lodged yesterday (11/08/2009) so guess I might be the newest member of the tracker too-how do I join that, can anyone tell me?
Old Aug 12th 2009, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by fiz

My CPV application was lodged yesterday (11/08/2009) so guess I might be the newest member of the tracker too-how do I join that, can anyone tell me?
Welcome Fiz. Sandch (Steve) runs the tracker and will no doubt add you on when he picks up your post. This forum as well as the tracker are invaluable to keep you going over the long wait for things to happen visa wise.

Just keep an eye on the forum for any news etc.

Cheers

Matt
Old Aug 13th 2009, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

ruth-phil is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jmm100uk
A question - if you are in Oz where do you go to get your passport updated with the visa?
Hi Alot of people fly to N Zealand or Singapore to get their passports updated, you have to go off shore. We are on a one year tourist visa, so when ( Fingers crossed ) our time comes we are flying back to the UK to have our crate shipped out and say goodbye to our daughter and family which will be very sad.

Ruth
Old Aug 13th 2009, 2:03 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fiz

Welcome - lots of support on here so ask away. May be a while to go to wait but its worth keeping track of others trials and tribulations.....

I just want the exchange rate to go back to 2.5 - got our big payment in the next couple of weeks and at 1.95 its killing us!
Old Aug 13th 2009, 6:06 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Thats fast. If you look at the tracker there are some big time delays between AOS & 2nd payment. Mark213 paid AOS on 21/07/09 and is still waiting for request for 2nd payment. Why the differences?

Cheers

Matt
I think sometimes we don't hear about the request, and just record the payment date (or vice versa). The tracker heading itself is a bit ambiguous here I admit covering both eventualities.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by fiz

Welcome fiz; you're on there now. We try to keep the information minimal, so at the moment we show the type of CPV (143 or 173) and indicate if an agent is being used to try to assess if there's any difference in the speed (conclusion so far, none, but people use agents for many reasons).
Good luck

Steve
Old Aug 13th 2009, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by mark213
Welcome - lots of support on here so ask away. May be a while to go to wait but its worth keeping track of others trials and tribulations.....

I just want the exchange rate to go back to 2.5 - got our big payment in the next couple of weeks and at 1.95 its killing us!
Man, that's excruciating. We did buy about half of the requirements last year at 2.2 and then 2.5; but not wanting to hex the process by assuming we'd actually get visas, we had to buy the rest at time of grant, at 2.02 and 2.04. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
People are getting clobbered on all fronts; house prices have plummeted along with our currency, a serious erosion of wealth! Hope house prices downunder are attractive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.