Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Interesting take on the exchange rate. We all seem to remember the peak exchange rate of about $2.40ish last year and in a way it is almost viewed as the 'norm'.
Taken against the current rate it does look bad, but I have just checked my little transfer book (we send $400 per week to Oz) and find that out of 45 weekly transfers 12 are at less than $2 to £1 so even though the trend is down the average over time is not quite so bad if you choose to make regular payments.

The exchange rate with Oz is a lot closer to $2 to £1 than we might think.

Just wish it would return to that soon.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
And you have professional indemnity insurance if you give incorrect advice ...?

Best regards.
No more than anyone else giving advice on this forum
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:30 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Save for certain persons such as me ... and all other registered migration agents who are adhering to the MARA Code of Conduct ...

Best regards.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:40 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Based on the telecon I had with the PVC this afternoon, Matt, you should have a case officer and a letter from the same in the next week or three.

Not long now!

Best regards.
Thanks Alan

Regards

Matt
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Save for certain persons such as me ... and all other registered migration agents who are adhering to the MARA Code of Conduct ...

Best regards.
Please do not see me as a threat to your business Alan, I just offered to help if I could, anyone who had decided not to use an agent to complete what appears to be a straight forward form.

If people wish to use an agent I am sure you are one of the best.

I would like to add a thank you for the free advice you gave us when we completed our son's 136 visa last year and our CPV this year.

I have no axe to grind over agents and my earlier post followed posts about agents folding and people losing money.

If anything I have said is against the law I will stop posting.

Regards
Les

************************************************** ************************************************** ****

New sparkly contributory parent visa continues here. Moneypenny 20.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Sep 25th 2009 at 8:59 am. Reason: closed thread to start new one.