Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Feb 16th 2009, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all
Default EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Does anyone know if it is necessary for the CPV sponsor to remain in Oz while the parents' visa is being processed or be physically in Oz a the time of visa grant?

My daughter and her husband, who are about to become citizens, will sponsor us when we apply for the offshore CPV next year. My brother, who is also an Oz citizen will put up the AOS for us. However, there is a chance that SIL might be offered a short 2 year posting to Dubai which might mean that they could possibly be abroad when we apply or even after we have applied. They are committed to returning to Oz and will keep on their house which they have bought here.

Also, if their going abroad were to affect the application, is it possible to put it on hold until they return to OZ?

============================

Mods note - thread now split due to its size - previous thread is - HERE

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 29th 2009 at 5:02 am. Reason: Thread split due to size.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

jimcz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Originally Posted by sandch
Hi - this is a thread for parents of Australian residents trying to emigrate to Australia. I think you may have confused Sparkly for Sparky. Search for Electrician in the threads.
Eh, you are absolutely right, I mixed up these two similar words, thanks and sorry for the "spam"
Old Feb 16th 2009, 11:21 pm
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Need for sponsor to remain in Australia?

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
Does anyone know if it is necessary for the CPV sponsor to remain in Oz while the parents' visa is being processed or be physically in Oz a the time of visa grant?

My daughter and her husband, who are about to become citizens, will sponsor us when we apply for the offshore CPV next year. My brother, who is also an Oz citizen will put up the AOS for us. However, there is a chance that SIL might be offered a short 2 year posting to Dubai which might mean that they could possibly be abroad when we apply or even after we have applied. They are committed to returning to Oz and will keep on their house which they have bought here.

Also, if their going abroad were to affect the application, is it possible to put it on hold until they return to OZ?
No if they hare qualified for the two years and the CO is satisfied, its a formality. They could call and check things so they need to be available but not until the CO is reading the case. If the sponsor can still show financial ties to australia (house, car, bank accounts, tax statements) on application and normally is a tax resident you should be fine. Also if they are a citizen at the time that the CO gets the case then even better. I would get them to write a letter to Perth to say that they have gained citizenship (citing the date and citizenship number) to reinforce their case. I will be doing that for my parents.

Not possible to put on hold as such - just pray for a delay in your case

They cases are taking at least 15 months at the moment from application to reach a CO. If you havent put it in yet allow 3 months to create the application and get all the forms, 15 months CO wait, then visa queuing (could be anything - probably 9 months if you are unlucky), then time to get the AOS and 2nd VAC payment - all in all maybe 3 years?
Old Feb 19th 2009, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

anyone heard anything from immigration recently? Its all gone quiet in CPV world.... :-(
Old Feb 19th 2009, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all
Default Re: Need for sponsor to remain in Australia?

Thanks for your reply and reassurance. I was a little worried as we are currently visiting our daughter in Perth and one agent here told us my daughter would have to be intending to return to Australia shortly before the CPV visa was granted. Another source told us she would have to remain in Australia from the time of application to the visa grant, which would mean that she would have to stay put for about 2 years. Very confusing!

QUOTE=mark213;7291864]No if they hare qualified for the two years and the CO is satisfied, its a formality. They could call and check things so they need to be available but not until the CO is reading the case. If the sponsor can still show financial ties to australia (house, car, bank accounts, tax statements) on application and normally is a tax resident you should be fine. Also if they are a citizen at the time that the CO gets the case then even better. I would get them to write a letter to Perth to say that they have gained citizenship (citing the date and citizenship number) to reinforce their case. I will be doing that for my parents.

Not possible to put on hold as such - just pray for a delay in your case

They cases are taking at least 15 months at the moment from application to reach a CO. If you havent put it in yet allow 3 months to create the application and get all the forms, 15 months CO wait, then visa queuing (could be anything - probably 9 months if you are unlucky), then time to get the AOS and 2nd VAC payment - all in all maybe 3 years?[/QUOTE]
Old Feb 19th 2009, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by donovandenese
anyone heard anything from immigration recently? Its all gone quiet in CPV world.... :-(
Hi

No news from me.

Here we are nearly 16 months since application; medicals done and sent; police checks for UK & AU done and sent; AOS forms and funding ready plus preliminary approval of application completed.

There must be a few visas left in this year, so just waiting for that call …..

Hopefully

Charlie
Old Feb 19th 2009, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

in exactly the same position as you charlie5 - ready & waiting - and waiting - and waiting!!
Old Feb 20th 2009, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

Come on COs surely there were enough visas to cover the rest of the October applicants, or even Novembers?

Christmas, and holidays are now over for most, so please, please, grant some more!
Old Feb 20th 2009, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

DaveandLinda have a fantastic holiday in Perth, wishing we could join you, try not to worry too much about the future, it will all turn out ok, think positive, eh? Like we all are (I think)
Old Feb 20th 2009, 6:32 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by donovandenese
Zilch. Not a sausage. Diddly watsit.
Come on you nice Australian Government visa processing people. The time, it flows.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by charlie5
Hi

No news from me.

Here we are nearly 16 months since application; medicals done and sent; police checks for UK & AU done and sent; AOS forms and funding ready plus preliminary approval of application completed.

There must be a few visas left in this year, so just waiting for that call …..

Hopefully

Charlie
Charlie:
When did you get the police checks done? We've not done any work on this yet; is it always required for both AU and UK; does it depend on how long you've spent in a particular place? Prior to 2001 we lived in lots of different places!
Cheers
Steve
Old Feb 20th 2009, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Hi Steve

We need Australian Federal Police Checks because we have spent more that 12 months in Australia in the last 10 years.

We applied for these last August before the delays in visa issue became apparent. Mine came through within about 10 days but the one for my wife was delayed. It came about a week later showing a criminal conviction for an offence when we were not in Australia! This took a few weeks to clear.

Charlie
Old Feb 20th 2009, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by charlie5
Hi Steve

We need Australian Federal Police Checks because we have spent more that 12 months in Australia in the last 10 years.

We applied for these last August before the delays in visa issue became apparent. Mine came through within about 10 days but the one for my wife was delayed. It came about a week later showing a criminal conviction for an offence when we were not in Australia! This took a few weeks to clear.

Charlie
Thanks Charlie. By the time they get round to asking us to get the checks done, I hope most of our travelling years will have gone beyond the 10-year time frame. Otherwise it'll involve places like Dominica - cue long delays I think.
Cheers

Steve
Old Feb 20th 2009, 7:50 am
Just Joined

fozz1968 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

Bit of news!!

I did not preload my medicals & police checks and have today had a letter from POPC asking me to get them done & send them in...Ack date 13/11/07

The letter is at my son's so havent got it to refer to but I think he said that the letter indicated that they were looking to hopefully issue my visa July/Aug Sept depending on how quickly I got the info back...

Shows there is possible light at the end of the tunnel!!!

Good luck
Old Feb 20th 2009, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fozz1968
Hi everyone

Bit of news!!

I did not preload my medicals & police checks and have today had a letter from POPC asking me to get them done & send them in...Ack date 13/11/07

The letter is at my son's so havent got it to refer to but I think he said that the letter indicated that they were looking to hopefully issue my visa July/Aug Sept depending on how quickly I got the info back...

Shows there is possible light at the end of the tunnel!!!

Good luck
Hi fozz1968 - that is really good news!!!! my mums applic was ack the same date as yours 13/11/07. She submitted her medical & police checks late last year so hopefully that means they are looking at hers now too. Fingers crossed!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.