Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Jul 31st 2009, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice
Default Re: EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Originally Posted by val-phil
G'd Evening All

I'm absolutely thrilled to be able to tell you that we've received a letter from immi telling us that our visas have been approved and will be issued on Monday, following our departure from Australia on Sunday. Can't believe that the long wait is finally over.

We have exchanged contracts on a house in Maryborough, Queensland. Didn't want to say anything before in case I jinxed it, but we had a let-out clause written into the contract in case our visas weren't through in time. Our daughter is in Sydney but house prices here were beyond our means and we'll only be a short flight away.

Apologies to those of you ahead of us on the tracker. I'm sure your red stars won't be too far away.

Val
CONGRATULATIONS To you both

Was just thinking, what a bad month us cpv'ers have had, and then a red star appears, good, even though it's only 1 !

We are slipping back again, to the 16 + months, eh? (thought it was going to improve).

Our two families live 2 hours down the coast from Perth, near Bunbury, we will probably settle there.

It would be nice to have a meet up, hopefully if one is arranged.

Regards Lin
Old Jul 31st 2009, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

johnschofield10 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=gill aussie dreamer;7800881]
G'd Evening All

I'm absolutely thrilled to be able to tell you that we've received a letter from immi telling us that our visas have been approved and will be issued on Monday, following our departure from Australia on Sunday. Can't believe that the long wait is finally over.

We have exchanged contracts on a house in Maryborough, Queensland. Didn't want to say anything before in case I jinxed it, but we had a let-out clause written into the contract in case our visas weren't through in time. Our daughter is in Sydney but house prices here were beyond our means and we'll only be a short flight away.

Apologies to those of you ahead of us on the tracker. I'm sure your red stars won't be too far away.

Congratulations Val n Phil.

Red star on the way ...enjoy the celebrations!!

Well starting to get myself acclimatized not bad for the winter here in perth sunny and 20 hear its warmer and sunner than good old blightey at the mo!!set to be like this for the next few days ... hurray

gill58
Many congratulations...........................only another 12 months for us to go. I know we are probably being premature but our house goes on the market in the next week or so.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 3:26 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=johnschofield10;7801711]
Originally Posted by gill aussie dreamer

Many congratulations...........................only another 12 months for us to go. I know we are probably being premature but our house goes on the market in the next week or so.
I think you are doing the right thing as 12 months will soon pass you by!

Cheers

Matt
Old Jul 31st 2009, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=sirmatt101;7801720]
Originally Posted by johnschofield10

I think you are doing the right thing as 12 months will soon pass you by!

Cheers

Matt
Matt we are worried that a long drawn out house sale could delay us when we eventually get the golden key (CPV 143) to Oz, that is assuning we do!!!

John
Old Jul 31st 2009, 3:34 pm

[QUOTE=johnschofield10;7801726]
Originally Posted by sirmatt101

Matt we are worried that a long drawn out house sale could delay us when we eventually get the golden key (CPV 143) to Oz, that is assuning we do!!!

John
John, That was our thoughts exactly and we sold ours Feb 2007!! Have been living in a motorhome since and took a job with the Caravan Club to make it all so much easier!

So as soon as the visa comes, we go!

Cheers

Matt
Old Jul 31st 2009, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=sirmatt101;7801736]
Originally Posted by johnschofield10

John, That was our thoughts exactly and we sold ours Feb 2007!! Have been living in a motorhome since and took a job with the Caravan Club to make it all so much easier!

So as soon as the visa comes, we go!

Cheers

Matt
Matt,

The idea of living in a motor home appeals. Is it very expensive?

John
Old Jul 31st 2009, 3:42 pm

[QUOTE=johnschofield10;7801744]
Originally Posted by sirmatt101

Matt,

The idea of living in a motor home appeals. Is it very expensive?

John
Certainly not as expensive as a house, theres no mortgage, council tax, gas, electric, phone bills etc etc. Just the intial outlay which as we already had a caravan we bought for what we sold the caravan + 4 x 4 for! Being on a minimum wage for 10 months of the year, we have saved more money in the past two & a half years than in the previous 20! Our motorhome is an American RV 32 footer, more value & space for money that the European ones.

Cheers

Matt

Last edited by sirmatt101; Jul 31st 2009 at 3:43 pm. Reason: Spelling
Old Jul 31st 2009, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

sue32 is an unknown quantity at this point

G'd Evening All

Val
[COLOR="Red"]CONGRATULATIONS [COLOR="Black"] you must be so pleased, enjoy your new life - sue
Old Jul 31st 2009, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

sue32 is an unknown quantity at this point

oops that didn't work very well, more practice needed, lol -sue
Old Aug 1st 2009, 6:36 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, firstly great news Val and hearty congratulations:. And welcome to the new additions, relegation of Matt et al notwithstanding. To keep the list manageable I've hidden the earlier completed visas (which seems to promote a few of you "at a stroke" - well psychologically at any rate). And I think we're all up to date now.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Hi

looks as if I have been thrown out of the tracker club!!

Charlie
Old Aug 1st 2009, 7:43 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by charlie5
Hi

looks as if I have been thrown out of the tracker club!!

Charlie
I know, me too - it's a bit sad; perhaps we should have a separate page for us ex-CPVers?
Old Aug 1st 2009, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by sandch
I know, me too - it's a bit sad; perhaps we should have a separate page for us ex-CPVers?
Ok, no need to show off!! (hehe)

Cheers all

Matt
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

val-phil is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

Many thanks for all your good wishes. The next hurdle for us will be getting the upgrade to a 143 in order to qualify for the first home buyers grant. We have a year in which to do that and it would be nice to claw back a little bit of the extortionate amount we'll have shelled out. Can't stop - got a plane to catch. Blighty here we come!

Val
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 3:12 pm
SRK
Just Joined

SRK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Val!
COngratulations for your red star.. Good luck for your life in Australia!

Hi Everyone

Many thanks for all your good wishes. The next hurdle for us will be getting the upgrade to a 143 in order to qualify for the first home buyers grant. We have a year in which to do that and it would be nice to claw back a little bit of the extortionate amount we'll have shelled out. Can't stop - got a plane to catch. Blighty here we come!

Val

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.