Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Feb 20th 2009, 8:21 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Originally Posted by fozz1968
Shows there is possible light at the end of the tunnel!!!

Good luck
Great news - activity at last amongst us November 07ers. Watching this space eagerly.
Cheers
Old Feb 21st 2009, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

coloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nice
Smile Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Originally Posted by sandch
Great news - activity at last amongst us November 07ers. Watching this space eagerly.
Cheers
.Here we are just arrived for an all too brief holiday in Perth (arrived yesterday), got a message from home a couple of hours ago to say we have had the all important letter too requesting medicals. I guess that means we officially have a case officer since the letter was signed by a real person. We have been given until June 30th to get meds done. I jokingly said a few months ago that we could have our meds done here as apparently it is cheaper.

Anyway, progress at last, we can hardly believe it.

Cath & Tone
Old Feb 21st 2009, 11:44 am

Us too. Same letter received today, expected visa grant after June. We can now just get it all done at last, then sit back and wait. Two expensive medicals to organise then!
(I guess anyone who has already done the medicals and police checks, will only be asked for the AOS at some stage)

Cheers
Steve

Last edited by sandch; Feb 21st 2009 at 12:44 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Hi Folks

Glad to hear that some of you are making progress. However, I am not sure that I can understand what is going on?

It would be nice to hear from kaz_loyd & bullyboy who are before me on the CPV tracker spreadsheet.

Charlie
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sandch
(I guess anyone who has already done the medicals and police checks, will only be asked for the AOS at some stage)

Cheers
Steve
well...one would think so...but no!! Mum submitted medicals and police checks in Sept 2008. (ack date 13/11/07) Yesterday she had 2 letters from immigration - requesting police checks and medicals, then requesting the AoS be organised (sponsor has to make an appointment at Centrelink to prove her sponsorship and arrange payment of AoS).

I think the fact she has had a letter requesting AoS means they probably HAVE got the medical & police check that were sent in September, but we will be contacting immig tomorrow to confirm they have got them as its a bit confusing!!!

For those of you that havent yet sent in your medicals and police checks - were you also aksed to organise your AoS in the letter?
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:29 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Have a close read of the letter from the case officer. Some of the correspondence emanating from POPC case officers presently (particularly for applicants who lodged in November 2007) is indicating that meds and penals might be progressed in the next few months in anticipation of grants in the first month or two of 2009/10.

I agree that a chat with the case officer should be worthwhile - as a rule I find case officers at POPC very helpful, whether you communicate on the phone or by email.

Best regards.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by charlie5
Hi Folks

Glad to hear that some of you are making progress. However, I am not sure that I can understand what is going on?

It would be nice to hear from kaz_loyd & bullyboy who are before me on the CPV tracker spreadsheet.

Charlie
these letters talk about visa issue in July/Aug/Sept 2009 (eg 2009/10) - thinking positively, it may be that you haven't had this letter as they are hoping to get yours into this year (2008/09)!!
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Have a close read of the letter from the case officer. Some of the correspondence emanating from POPC case officers presently (particularly for applicants who lodged in November 2007) is indicating that meds and penals might be progressed in the next few months in anticipation of grants in the first month or two of 2009/10.

I agree that a chat with the case officer should be worthwhile - as a rule I find case officers at POPC very helpful, whether you communicate on the phone or by email.

Best regards.
I'm going to email them tonight at the email address in the letter ([email protected]) - confirming the dates we sent the police check and medical (Sept 2008) and asking for confirmation that it has in fact been received and is all ok.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by donovandenese
these letters talk about visa issue in July/Aug/Sept 2009 (eg 2009/10) - thinking positively, it may be that you haven't had this letter as they are hoping to get yours into this year (2008/09)!!
I wish that I could be that positive. However, I am going to chase my agent next week. Funny that none of you guys have got an agent??

Charlie
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by donovandenese
For those of you that havent yet sent in your medicals and police checks - were you also aksed to organise your AoS in the letter?
Hi
Yes the AOS was also requested. However the wording of the letter is important - if I can figure out how to do it, I'll add a tab to the tracker containing the text. The letter gives applicants the option to delay actually doing anything until June. This is obviously all about phasing the workload at the POPC, otherwise they'd have little to do now, and too much in June onwards.
Cheers
Steve
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 9:14 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

This is precisely the issue of case officer wording I referred to in my posting above, Steve.

Best regards.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Alan.

Is anything known about visas remaining to be allocated in the current year please?

Charlie
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 9:19 am
Migration Agent

I have no further news presently, Charlie - nothing beyond that which appears on Go Matilda News, that is.

Best regards.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Many thanks, I read that article with interest.

Charlie
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 9:25 am

Folks: there's a link now to the text of the letter which I hope helps with understanding. http://www.sjcm.co.uk/ltr.jpg
(or a red link at the top right of the tracker....)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.