Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Sep 24th 2009, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Walna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Walna, if you are watching the forum posts have you heard anything about a CO as you are next in line to win the PVC lottery?

All the best

Matt
Hi Matt, Not a word - still waiting!! All the best to you and yours for your trip. Ann
Old Sep 24th 2009, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

hwilson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by home alone
Matt, what rate were you charged with CB? HiFX are only saying 1.82%?

Regards Lin
Hi Lin,
I'm also with HiFx, but suggest checking out OxForex as an alternative before making any transaction, since there can be a significant difference, at any point in time, in either's favour.
Hugh
Old Sep 24th 2009, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

Hi! I have just made contact with a company called Moneycorp, recommended by GoMatilda, they appear to be ok! Over the next week, I'm going to research, several ways, mentioned on expats, and hopefully the exchange rate will be kinder to us, although like Matt, we are more interested in getting the visa, and, because we haven't sold our house yet, will have more time to worry, and recoup a bit after! Regards Lin
Old Sep 24th 2009, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

dippynsippy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration for Mother

I need help from this group.

I have recently been granted Permanent residency of Australia (About two months ago)

My circumstances have changed and I have my mother who is now substantially dependent on me and I want to call her to stay with me in Australia.

She is 67 years old.

She doesnot pass the family balance test as more than half of her kids are outside Australia.

I would just like to mention that I didnot include her name in my PR application as dependent because circumstances are now changed and she is dependent on me.

Your help is needed to identify the visa options available to call her to stay with me in Australia on permanent basis. Also what documents I need to show her as dependent on me?
Old Sep 24th 2009, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

Hi! I have just made contact with a company called Moneycorp, recommended by GoMatilda, they appear to be ok! Over the next week, I'm going to research, several ways, mentioned on expats, and hopefully the exchange rate will be kinder to us, although like Matt, we are more interested in getting the visa, and, because we haven't sold our house yet, will have more time to worry, and recoup a bit after! Regards Lin
Hi Lin, Congratulations on getting close to the finishing line. We will all be very interested to see how you get on with your research and would be grateful if you could record your results and if I hear of anyone else I will pass them on to you.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 8:51 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Matt, what rate were you charged with CB? HiFX are only saying 1.82%?

Regards Lin
Hi Lin. It was approx 1.86515 at the time I phoned the CB. Not good at all, but there you go!

Cheers

Matt.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

coloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nice

We finally decided enough was enough and transferred the balance of our 2nd VAC yesterday using Ozforex. Last October we got a rate of just under 2.5, yesterday it was 1.84 and how we are cussing that we didn't transfer the lot last year, we would have saved ourselves about £3K. Still, as everyone says, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Our daughter opened a savings account last year to hold the money so it's just a question of her obtaining a bank cheque and sending it off. Incidentally Ozforex couldn't be faulted, we used them last year too. We started the transaction yesterday afternoon and the money was in her account just short of 24 hours later. I know in these days of electronic banking this is the standard you should be able to expect, all too often it's not.

Hopefully we will finally get that red star next week.

Regards
Cathy
Old Sep 24th 2009, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by coloneldube
We finally decided enough was enough and transferred the balance of our 2nd VAC yesterday using Ozforex. Last October we got a rate of just under 2.5, yesterday it was 1.84 and how we are cussing that we didn't transfer the lot last year, we would have saved ourselves about £3K. Still, as everyone says, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Our daughter opened a savings account last year to hold the money so it's just a question of her obtaining a bank cheque and sending it off. Incidentally Ozforex couldn't be faulted, we used them last year too. We started the transaction yesterday afternoon and the money was in her account just short of 24 hours later. I know in these days of electronic banking this is the standard you should be able to expect, all too often it's not.

Hopefully we will finally get that red star next week.

Regards
Cathy
Will be waiting for news of the red star anxiously!

I have now got over the feeling of despair after paying over the odds and am planning the recovery stage which will be to work here another year and build up the cash reserves. The main thing is we will have the visas (eventually).

Cheers

Matt
Old Sep 25th 2009, 3:29 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Immigration for Mother

Originally Posted by dippynsippy
I need help from this group.

I have recently been granted Permanent residency of Australia (About two months ago)

My circumstances have changed and I have my mother who is now substantially dependent on me and I want to call her to stay with me in Australia.

She is 67 years old.

She doesnot pass the family balance test as more than half of her kids are outside Australia.

I would just like to mention that I didnot include her name in my PR application as dependent because circumstances are now changed and she is dependent on me.

Your help is needed to identify the visa options available to call her to stay with me in Australia on permanent basis. Also what documents I need to show her as dependent on me?
Your questions are being answered under this thread:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630587
with post 11 being the clearest.

Any type of parental visa is closed to you if the BoF is not satisfied. This thread is about CPV only so other visa options are not really going to come from this thread...

Suggest you consult a professional rather than a forum for concrete answers
Old Sep 25th 2009, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

coloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nice

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Will be waiting for news of the red star anxiously!

I have now got over the feeling of despair after paying over the odds and am planning the recovery stage which will be to work here another year and build up the cash reserves. The main thing is we will have the visas (eventually).

Cheers

Matt
We are in much the same position. We've got the house to sell anyway but we are both planning to continue to work for a while since we have been well and truly cleaned out! Now that we have paid the money I can barely wait for the visa. We had also hoped that our next trip down under would be one way but that's out of the question now. We have to validate by end of April. Still, it's a good excuse to go to our middle daughter's graduation I think.

Regards
Cathy
Old Sep 25th 2009, 6:54 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
£2000 and there I was thinking they charge about £1000

<snip>

I would be willing to help anyone with the 'are they settled' question.
And you have professional indemnity insurance if you give incorrect advice ...?

Best regards.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 6:55 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

CP visa processing update: http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=576

Hopefully of interest to some.

Best regards.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

sue32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
CP visa processing update: http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=576

Best regards.
thanks Alan, any good news is of interest to us all, keeps the faith going that we can be with our families sooner rather than later, feel especially for those that have just lodged their aplications and have a long road ahead of them, where as some of us are either in the waiting room or on the platform awaiting to board the train for our 'red star' ticket - sue
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Alan Collett

Best regards.
Thanks for that Allen, it will be quite interesting watching this forum over the next 12 months to see if the processing time is reduced!

Cheers

Matt (now at the 16 months stage & no CO yet)!
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:26 am
Migration Agent

Based on the telecon I had with the PVC this afternoon, Matt, you should have a case officer and a letter from the same in the next week or three.

Not long now!

Best regards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.