Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Aug 13th 2009, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

jmm100uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Another question - does anyone have suggestions for the best way to sell the car? I have usually traded in the car against the next one so do not know the best way to go about it especially when I do not want to let it go too soon, but cannot really afford to wait until the week before I leave before advertising it.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

gill aussie dreamer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jmm100uk
Another question - does anyone have suggestions for the best way to sell the car? I have usually traded in the car against the next one so do not know the best way to go about it especially when I do not want to let it go too soon, but cannot really afford to wait until the week before I leave before advertising it.
Hi Jmm/

I sold my car through auto trader . did it on line was about 40 pounds for three weeks . was realy lucky sold it three days before i fly out to aus ... worth a try?

good luck

gill
Old Aug 13th 2009, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kalenge
Thanks. I don't suppose you have any reference for your thought that DIAC will look back to the date that the application was submitted to see if the sponsor was settled at the time?

I can't find anything, and as mentioned in the other thread that you provided a link to, a person with a similar query even got conflicting advice from DIAC on this.

We meet the "settled" criteria on pretty much everything else, own house, kids in school, jobs etc, but I don't want to mess up on something simple like falling short on the 2 year guideline. Similarly I don't want to wait another 4 months unnecessarily. The fact that there is such a long waiting period for the visa does bring about confusion with respect to any measurement of our time in Australia that may amount to any understanding of "being settled". Would be great if DIAC were more clear on this
We hesitated just like you but please be assured that you should submit your application ASAP!!! Our daughter will not have been in Australia on her permanent visa for two years until April 2010 but we showed evidence that they were "settled" We have an Australian visa company who submitted our visa on June 2nd this year with confidence that by the time we get a case officer she will have been there two years and more. You have the evidence to show "settled" and the longer you leave it the longer it will take for the 143 to come through I only wish I had done it 6 months earlier. Buying a house is one of the pieces of evidence you need so please, please go ahead and get on the www.gainwave.co.uk timeline. Access this and you will see waiting times. Good Luck and welcome to the site.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
It seems to be falling at present which is not good news for any of us at the moment. I don't think we will see a rate of 2.5 again for a loooooong while!

Good luck

Matt
Hi Matt, I have been away from the thread for a couple of days and have scanned the last few pages to see if you had had any news. "Wots occurring" with the CO situation?
Old Aug 13th 2009, 6:27 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Barbaran
Hi Matt, I have been away from the thread for a couple of days and have scanned the last few pages to see if you had had any news. "Wots occurring" with the CO situation?
We've still got another month to go before we get a CO I think. Would be good if it was earlier. Just have to wait I am afraid!

Cheers

Matt
Old Aug 13th 2009, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

miscellaneous is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sandch
For some reason, despite the increase in available visas, the period from acknowledgement to CO appears to have increased in the last few months. We'll keep an eye on this; I wonder if DIAC is cutting back generally on staffing levels.
Please does anyone have any idea how many CO's there might be in the dept dealing with CPV143 and 173's and also the quota of visa's available at present.? as being a new girl who is stuck in the sidings looking at a year+ ahead, these things matter

Also to hark back to banks, my son in Melbourne said that one can open an account from England on line, to deposit money, but cannot withdraw on it until one has visited and produced the necessary ID. may be a help to someone, should the exchange rate go barmy again in a favourable way.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by miscellaneous
Please does anyone have any idea how many CO's there might be in the dept dealing with CPV143 and 173's and also the quota of visa's available at present.? as being a new girl who is stuck in the sidings looking at a year+ ahead, these things matter

Also to hark back to banks, my son in Melbourne said that one can open an account from England on line, to deposit money, but cannot withdraw on it until one has visited and produced the necessary ID. may be a help to someone, should the exchange rate go barmy again in a favourable way.
Thats why I opened an account with the Commonwealth Bank in person, they check your ID etc, and I can now transfer to a 3rd person via my account in Oz, which you cannot do by opening online or by snail mail!

Cheers

Matt
Old Aug 13th 2009, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

miscellaneous is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats why I opened an account with the Commonwealth Bank in person, they check your ID etc, and I can now transfer to a 3rd person via my account in Oz, which you cannot do by opening online or by snail mail!

Cheers

Matt
Thats certainly worth knowing in advance, thanks for the info, and hope you get your CO asap, like tomorrow!

Regards
Elaine
Old Aug 14th 2009, 6:25 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

We hesitated just like you but please be assured that you should submit your application ASAP!!! Our daughter will not have been in Australia on her permanent visa for two years until April 2010 but we showed evidence that they were "settled" We have an Australian visa company who submitted our visa on June 2nd this year with confidence that by the time we get a case officer she will have been there two years and more. You have the evidence to show "settled" and the longer you leave it the longer it will take for the 143 to come through I only wish I had done it 6 months earlier. Buying a house is one of the pieces of evidence you need so please, please go ahead and get on the www.gainwave.co.uk timeline. Access this and you will see waiting times. Good Luck and welcome to the site.
Do bear in mind that the sponsor has to be "settled" at the time of application; it's not relevant that she's been there for 2 years at the time she gets a CO (but might be in a lengthy appeal process). The important thing is that you are confident you have evidence to support the earlier requirement; each applicant's sponsor has a uniquely different situation. Our daughter for example had been out there for 4 years before we applied, the last 2 on a permanent visa; we could probably have shown she was settled just after getting the permanent visa, but decided to wait as we were not in a rush anyway.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by jmm100uk
Try Ebay, I have found it a great way to sell everything from 4 x 4s to caravans. And you can state the time/date that it will be available.

Cheers

Matt
Old Aug 14th 2009, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Do bear in mind that the sponsor has to be "settled" at the time of application; it's not relevant that she's been there for 2 years at the time she gets a CO (but might be in a lengthy appeal process). The important thing is that you are confident you have evidence to support the earlier requirement; each applicant's sponsor has a uniquely different situation. Our daughter for example had been out there for 4 years before we applied, the last 2 on a permanent visa; we could probably have shown she was settled just after getting the permanent visa, but decided to wait as we were not in a rush anyway.
We did take advice as to what was termed "settled" eg houses, jobs, loan agreement and our agent who interviewed us while we were over was satisfied that we had the right amount of evidence. Plus we have 100% of our family in Perth. As you say each individual case is different. People hold off from lodging an application because of an element of doubt but that costs time and personally we would be there tomorrow if we could!
Old Aug 14th 2009, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

marian and ian burgess is an unknown quantity at this point

Try Ebay, I have found it a great way to sell everything from 4 x 4s to caravans. And you can state the time/date that it will be available.

Cheers

Matt
Hi Matt Why didn't I think of that! I use ebay for lots of stuff but never considered it for a car sale. I too will be selling my car but will need it almost up to the last day so being able to specify when it will be available would be excellent. By the way anybody interested in a 2003 Nissan Almera.
Low mileage and very good condition!! We are located in South Devon.
Thanks
Marian and Ian Burgess
Old Aug 14th 2009, 9:09 am

We did take advice as to what was termed "settled" eg houses, jobs, loan agreement and our agent who interviewed us while we were over was satisfied that we had the right amount of evidence. Plus we have 100% of our family in Perth. As you say each individual case is different. People hold off from lodging an application because of an element of doubt but that costs time and personally we would be there tomorrow if we could!
I think you can have a lot of confidence in that your agent has clearly looked carefully at it - that's where agents are useful. You're lucky they're all out there - we've one in UK and one in Australia, and a lot of soul searching to do in the future if it stays that way!!
Old Aug 14th 2009, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by marian and ian burgess
Hi Matt Why didn't I think of that! I use ebay for lots of stuff but never considered it for a car sale. I too will be selling my car but will need it almost up to the last day so being able to specify when it will be available would be excellent. By the way anybody interested in a 2003 Nissan Almera.
Low mileage and very good condition!! We are located in South Devon.
Thanks
Marian and Ian Burgess
Wrong place to try to generate interest, we're all going to Australia!
Seriously though, it's a real pain selling used cars isn't it? I can't even bring myself to think about getting shot of our two. Not exactly desirable, but we've got to know them from new over 10 and 6 years respectively. Like others, I've previously avoided dealing with this by trading in.
Be prepared to take calls from a few twits trying to sell you a selling service.
If anyone's successful with ebay, let us know how it goes.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

sue32 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you can have a lot of confidence in that your agent has clearly looked carefully at it - that's where agents are useful. You're lucky they're all out there - we've one in UK and one in Australia, and a lot of soul searching to do in the future if it stays that way!!
snap we have one daughter in perth and one over here and our lovely grandson (18 months), i tell myself i am prepared (in my head) to leave him, but on the day god knows how i will be, took them with us in march but even though they loved it, they still want to go to spain!! can't live our lives through them and neither them through us, decided to pay for their flights every xmas so we get to see them every year - sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.