Wikiposts

December 2007 Applicants

Old Jul 18th 2008, 2:19 am
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all
Default Re: December 2007 Applicants

from nothing to fully granted overnight!

We front loaded meds, they were 'recieved' ages ago, but other than that, everything was 'required' (even though I'd uploaded it all) when I went to bed, and we had the grant email when we woke up.

To be honest, I was pretty good at the 'checking in' thing, and wasn't doing it 5 times a day like some people seem to be doing.

When I checked on the Tuesday night, it was the first time in ages. I then only checked my emails on the Wednesday morning because Kate was late out of bed and I had to wait for her to 'straighten her hair'...

So, sit back - chill and get some rest, because when that visa comes, you'll need it!

I finished work yesterday, and I've just spent all day phoning people to end contracts / infomr them that we're moving and packing boxes...
Old Jul 18th 2008, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Simon.and.Kate
from nothing to fully granted overnight!

We front loaded meds, they were 'recieved' ages ago, but other than that, everything was 'required' (even though I'd uploaded it all) when I went to bed, and we had the grant email when we woke up.

To be honest, I was pretty good at the 'checking in' thing, and wasn't doing it 5 times a day like some people seem to be doing.

When I checked on the Tuesday night, it was the first time in ages. I then only checked my emails on the Wednesday morning because Kate was late out of bed and I had to wait for her to 'straighten her hair'...

So, sit back - chill and get some rest, because when that visa comes, you'll need it!

I finished work yesterday, and I've just spent all day phoning people to end contracts / infomr them that we're moving and packing boxes...
Thanks Simon, I feel a bit better now that you have explained. I don't see why people check so many times a day When I check in the morning the guys in OZ have gone home for the day The very best of luck with your move and I hope OZ is all that you want it to be
Old Jul 18th 2008, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

angela n steve is a jewel in the roughangela n steve is a jewel in the roughangela n steve is a jewel in the roughangela n steve is a jewel in the rough

Congats to all who got visas and co s its moving so fast now there new system must be up and runing. We had our meds in nottingham and payed £760 for 2 adults and 4 kids 1 of which needed x ray.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 3:06 am
Just Joined

watkins122 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by helena39
Hi,

Did your status page not change from required - received - met?? Therefore letting you know that you had a CO? I check our status page daily and nothing has changed.....:curse: I just want something to keep our spirits up
Hi Can u tell me how u check your status page?
Thanks Dawn
Old Jul 18th 2008, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by watkins122
Hi Can u tell me how u check your status page?
Thanks Dawn
Hi Dawn,

Did you get full ack from DIAC? They send you a tracking number and go to http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/check-progress.htm. and you can track it from there. Just click on your visa type etc...
Old Jul 18th 2008, 3:24 am
Finally in Melbourne!

ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice

Originally Posted by helena39
Hi,

Did your status page not change from required - received - met?? Therefore letting you know that you had a CO? I check our status page daily and nothing has changed.....:curse: I just want something to keep our spirits up
I checked mine every morning at around 6am. The day before everything was still showing 'required' and then at 3.38 am the following morning we had received our email and everything had changed to met!

Last edited by ittakesages; Jul 18th 2008 at 3:29 am.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

Liz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the roughLiz F is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JohnandDiana
Hi Liz,

£565 is a good price. Where about's was that from? Our nearest place was Manchester where they quoted about £800.00. My children are aged 11 and 9 and I think after 11 years of age, they have to have x-ray's or so they told me is that why it's so much more?
We also had our medicals done in Nottingham check out angela and steves post. The Dr was lovely as well really good with the children.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 3:46 am
Finally in Melbourne!

ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice

Originally Posted by Liz F
We also had our medicals done in Nottingham check out angela and steves post. The Dr was lovely as well really good with the children.
Yep us too. Doctor had a fantastic sense of humour which put us at ease straight away.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

stenix is an unknown quantity at this point

I noticed that my status had changed to Application being processed further last week. Wasn't sure what this meant so fired off an email, and got this response:

The case officer is currently conducting an initial assessment on your
visa application to determine if they require any further documentation
to process your application. Once this assessment has been completed your
case officer may contact you if they require any additional documents.

Unfortunately, I am unable to provide you with a definitive timeframe for
finalisation of your application as some cases may take many months to
finalise.

Sounds like I may have finally got a case officer....
Old Jul 18th 2008, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stenix
I noticed that my status had changed to Application being processed further last week. Wasn't sure what this meant so fired off an email, and got this response:

The case officer is currently conducting an initial assessment on your
visa application to determine if they require any further documentation
to process your application. Once this assessment has been completed your
case officer may contact you if they require any additional documents.

Unfortunately, I am unable to provide you with a definitive timeframe for
finalisation of your application as some cases may take many months to
finalise.

Sounds like I may have finally got a case officer....
Sure do. Congrats!! And update BEUpdate, please
Old Jul 18th 2008, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ittakesages
I checked mine every morning at around 6am. The day before everything was still showing 'required' and then at 3.38 am the following morning we had received our email and everything had changed to met!
Hi

What is the difference between a 175 visa and 176 visa?? We are getting a 175 visa (hopefully )
Old Jul 18th 2008, 10:26 pm

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

175 = skilled visa (120 points)
176 = skilled visa, sponsored (100 points)

Basically, you can be sponsored by either a family member who holds Aus PR (this is us, Kate's parents hold citizenship), or by a state / company (i think, I don't really know about the compant sponsership side of things...)

Basically, because you have someone in Australia to (presumably) offer support if needed, you are seen to have a slightly lower 'risk factor' and therefore need less points...

There used to be something call "assurance of support" which involved the sponser paying a 'bond' which was returned after 2 years. This changed last september.

All kates dad had to do was say how big his house is, could we stay with him if needed, and how much he earns (could he support us if necessary).
He had his own little 'mini-application' to complete after we submitted ours...

I think I've got all this right - hope it makes sense and clears things up for you.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

175 = skilled visa (120 points)
176 = skilled visa, sponsored (100 points)

Basically, you can be sponsored by either a family member who holds Aus PR (this is us, Kate's parents hold citizenship), or by a state / company (i think, I don't really know about the compant sponsership side of things...)

Basically, because you have someone in Australia to (presumably) offer support if needed, you are seen to have a slightly lower 'risk factor' and therefore need less points...

There used to be something call "assurance of support" which involved the sponser paying a 'bond' which was returned after 2 years. This changed last september.

All kates dad had to do was say how big his house is, could we stay with him if needed, and how much he earns (could he support us if necessary).
He had his own little 'mini-application' to complete after we submitted ours...

I think I've got all this right - hope it makes sense and clears things up for you.
Thanks for that info. My brother is a citizen but our agent never mentioned going for a 176 visa. Does that mean people going for 176 visa are processed quicker?
Old Jul 19th 2008, 12:14 am

I'm just on my way out now, but, umm...

What exactly do agents do again? Surely, "do you have family in Australia" must have been asked?

Yes - you would have been better aplying for a 176 rather than a 175:
- less points needed
- if a 175 is turned down, you can not appeal, if a 176 is knocked back, you can appeal!
- 176's technically take priority over 175's, but no by much, and having watched timelines, a can't see that it makes that much diferrence...

But don't worry - I'm sure your application will be just fine.

Gotta go, catch you later....
Old Jul 20th 2008, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

steveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant future

Hello boys and girls.

Sorry, but I have to share this with you or I'll pop with 'smugness'.
Picked up the passports from the PO this morning!

If you're still waiting - hang in there, it won't be long now....
ooooooh so jealous,
enjoy the smugness - you have certainly waited long enough for it.
Really can't wait to have the same feeling.

All the best guys xx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.