Current processing times

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 6:32 am
Just Joined

justiniPH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Current Processing Times (Part Two)

Originally Posted by brissybound
I never had an acknowledgment so I emailed the embassy direct. They told me my CO had tried to email me but I still cant get in touch with her via email.

If they phone you, keep the number!!
Hi brissy, what email address did you email please post it here.. I can't get through their line posted in the AL I am from the April 2007 until now I haven't heard from them..
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

strangers4me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by justiniPH
Hi brissy, what email address did you email please post it here.. I can't get through their line posted in the AL I am from the April 2007 until now I haven't heard from them..

Hi justiniPH i loged app. on 5th MAY i havent heard anything yet as well.can u share ur comlete timeline with me and ur profession and from which country u belong from.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
New member! Full of questions...this forum is like a SUPPORT GROUP I am so pleased to have found it

Sent a fully front loaded (medicals and police certificates) application to Adelaide, which was signed for on March 17 2008. Having read this thread am wondering - was I insane to do it paperbased? Should I do it online as well or will that totally confuse things?

On this website: www.beupdate.co.uk - what does 'pre acknowledged' refer to?

With the automated email timeline updates for after Sept 1 - does this date refer to where the assignment of case officers is up to? Or is this when the applications are getting receipted and acknowledged?

Many thanks in advance to anyone who helps me with my queries.

MaroonedNZ (NZ is as close to Aussie as I have managed to get so far )
Hi, and welcome

Perhaps not such a good idea paper based??!! but I don't know how you would go about changing it to online, I don't think you can!!

After Sept 1 - is because that is when Immi changed their processing system and the online system came into effect. It appears that anyone submitting after 1 sept seem sto be better off than those who submitted before - don't ask me why, but its a bummer for those pre 1st Sept

Any more questions fire away and be prepared for a very long and bumpy ride!!

Basty
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Basty
Hi, and welcome

Perhaps not such a good idea paper based??!! but I don't know how you would go about changing it to online, I don't think you can!!

After Sept 1 - is because that is when Immi changed their processing system and the online system came into effect. It appears that anyone submitting after 1 sept seem sto be better off than those who submitted before - don't ask me why, but its a bummer for those pre 1st Sept

Any more questions fire away and be prepared for a very long and bumpy ride!!

Basty
I think the aim is to get every one doing on line applications (post Sep. when system changed)as they are quicker for DIAC to process but i think ( please tell me if I'm wrong as i don't want to give wrong info) that if you now want to go online route you will have to re submit everything and i think that means the fee as well. To be honest i though all post sept. applicants had to be on line so was surprised when i read your post.It will still be processed but perhaps not as quickly, it could be worth emailing an agent on here to ask for their opinion? Good luck any way and yes, it is like a support group!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

brissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justiniPH

Try these two and good luck
(one address removed) and [email protected] should be fine

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 3rd 2008 at 9:36 am. Reason: Please don't post email addresses of specific case officers, respect their privacy.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

dwong232 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brissybound
Try these two and good luck
and [email protected] should be fine
Hi all my application was on 7 may 2007 and it was granted today, almost 2 mths after submitting meds and PCCs. Over the moon.....I am from Singapore so was assigned to Region 4.

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 3rd 2008 at 9:36 am. Reason: editing quote
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

shellynelly will become famous soon enoughshellynelly will become famous soon enough

HELLO EVERYONE READ SOMEWHERE ON HERE TODAY THAT SOMEONE HAS BEEN TOLD THEY ARE AT THE END OF THE VISA GRANTS FOR THIS YEAR (GIVEN ENOUGH OUT) DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW YEAR KICKS IN FOR THEM. :curse::curse:
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:37 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shellynelly
HELLO EVERYONE READ SOMEWHERE ON HERE TODAY THAT SOMEONE HAS BEEN TOLD THEY ARE AT THE END OF THE VISA GRANTS FOR THIS YEAR (GIVEN ENOUGH OUT) DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW YEAR KICKS IN FOR THEM. :curse::curse:
If thats true, the new year starts 1st July....
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:43 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

What kind of visa were they referring to?
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

rob1210 is an unknown quantity at this point

AT LAST!!!! But only moved a week in about 3 weeks????:curse:

RECEIPTING AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF APPLICATIONS

The ASPC is currently receipting new applications within service standards.
Once an application has been receipted it undergoes validity checking and
an acknowledgement letter with client information and a receipt will be
sent. If an application is determined to be invalid documents will be
returned and a refund of the visa application charge arranged.

As of 1 April 2008 the ASPC Admin Section is processing applications as
follows:

Onshore Applications: receipting and acknowledging applications received on
27 March 2008.

Offshore Applications received after 1 September 2007: receipting and
acknowledging applications received on 26 March 2008.

Offshore Applications received prior to 1 September 2007:
All applications with a valid payment have now been receipted. The ASPC is
acknowledging offshore applications received on 30 August 2007.

Please note that any delay in acknowledging an application does not affect
the date on which a valid application is recorded as having been received
and does not delay processing of the application.

Once an application has been acknowledged it will be allocated to a case
officer for further assessment as soon as possible, however, the ASPC
receives a large number of applications and you will not be contacted
immediately.

PROCESSING AND ALLOCATION INFORMATION - For the week of 1 April 2008

Applications lodged on or before the dates shown below have been allocated
to case officers for further processing.

Applications Lodged Before 1 September 2007

Onshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Student/Graduate applications - Class DD and DE visas
Subclass 880: 18 August 2007 (paper), 9 August 2007 (e-lodged)
Subclass 881: 29 August 2007 (paper), 29 August 2007 (e-lodged)
Subclass 882: 29 August 2007 (paper), 29 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Onshore Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) (SIR) – Class UX visas
Subclass 495: All applications: all applications are now allocated to case
officers

New Zealand Citizen (Residence) - Class DB visas
Subclass 861, 862 and 863: all applications are now allocated to case
officers

Offshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Skilled Migration visas - All paper based applications for Class BN, BQ,
BR, UX and UZ visas
Subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496: 2 May 2007

e-lodged Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) applications
Subclass 495: all applications are now allocated to case officers

Applications Lodged After 1 September 2007

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VE, VF,VB and Class VC subclass 487
Subclasses: 175, 176, 475, 476, 885, 886, 887, and 487
E-lodged: 8 November 2007
Paper lodged: 16 September 2007

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VC subclass 485 only
E-lodged: 29 September 2007
Paper lodged: 16 September 2007
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

brissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond repute

I take it once you have been allocated a case officer you are exempt from this new year cull thing?

Does your visa come in your passport, because I could really do with it back.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Miracles - I just spoke to a lovely helpful lady in Adelaide (after less than 10 minutes on hold!). They received my paper application on March 17 and acknowledged and receipted it March 20 - for some reason I never got the email so she's resending it today HURRAH!

With regards to paper vs. online, she said for the acknowledge/receipt stage it doesn't make alot of difference and in fact, because of the huge volume of online applications, it can sometimes take longer than paper.

So I have passed the first stage and now join everyone obsessively reading the automated email on a daily basis
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

bextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by grays
Hi Bextaroota,

Can you let me know the email addy that you enquired about your medicals to please ? Ours were sent on 11th March Int. Signed For and still not heard anything. Thanks v much.
No pobs its [email protected] Good luck!!
New member! Full of questions...this forum is like a SUPPORT GROUP I am so pleased to have found it

Sent a fully front loaded (medicals and police certificates) application to Adelaide, which was signed for on March 17 2008. Having read this thread am wondering - was I insane to do it paperbased? Should I do it online as well or will that totally confuse things?

On this website: www.beupdate.co.uk - what does 'pre acknowledged' refer to?

With the automated email timeline updates for after Sept 1 - does this date refer to where the assignment of case officers is up to? Or is this when the applications are getting receipted and acknowledged?

Many thanks in advance to anyone who helps me with my queries.

MaroonedNZ (NZ is as close to Aussie as I have managed to get so far )
Welcome! Um I'm paper based (August- been waiting an AGE! Still no CO- all paperwork front loaded now)- I couldn't tell you if it's slower now or not...
Pre-ack is an email just saying they've got your application and not much else! Full- ack is when you get a reciept and a PDF with your file and reference number on it- hope this helps!!

I heard they now had to complete a further 6000 applications by July- quoted by IrishGal yesterday on 'august 2007 applications' thread.

With regards to paper vs. online, she said for the acknowledge/receipt stage it doesn't make alot of difference and in fact, because of the huge volume of online applications, it can sometimes take longer than paper.
Great news well done - and great info about paper based timelines (reassuring for us Augustees!) Sorry for hogging the thread!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Miracles - I just spoke to a lovely helpful lady in Adelaide (after less than 10 minutes on hold!). They received my paper application on March 17 and acknowledged and receipted it March 20 - for some reason I never got the email so she's resending it today HURRAH!

So I have passed the first stage and now join everyone obsessively reading the automated email on a daily basis
Well done and welcome to the great wait, loss of mind for anything other than Australian related news, interest only in aushouse moving programmes, a renewed or first time interest in Neighbours, an obsession with all australian wines, a daily view of all properties on realestate.com.au and a compulsion to check your emails every time you pass a laptop/computer.
Seriously, all the best for a speedy visa!!!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The new quota starts on July 1st. SOmetimes there is a slowdown in the last two weeks or so of June in some visa types when the quotas are full, but that only means a couple of weeks delay while they wait for new quotas. You don't get refused.
Certainly with the main types (such as 176 and 175) I would be extremely surprised if they were anywhere near the full quota yet, though there is an issue with Contributory Parent Visas (please discuss this in the relevant thread, not this one!)

(Could you also please work out how to turn off your caps lock, as its harder to read, and in the world of the internet its seen as shouting )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.