Current processing times

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

shellynelly will become famous soon enoughshellynelly will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Current Processing Times (Part Two)

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The new quota starts on July 1st. SOmetimes there is a slowdown in the last two weeks or so of June in some visa types when the quotas are full, but that only means a couple of weeks delay while they wait for new quotas. You don't get refused.
Certainly with the main types (such as 176 and 175) I would be extremely surprised if they were anywhere near the full quota yet, though there is an issue with Contributory Parent Visas (please discuss this in the relevant thread, not this one!)

(Could you also please work out how to turn off your caps lock, as its harder to read, and in the world of the internet its seen as shouting )
really sorry i didnt mean to offend anyone
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 1:47 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shellynelly
really sorry i didnt mean to offend anyone
Thats alright, no problem
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by Babsw
Well done and welcome to the great wait, loss of mind for anything other than Australian related news, interest only in aushouse moving programmes, a renewed or first time interest in Neighbours, an obsession with all australian wines, a daily view of all properties on realestate.com.au and a compulsion to check your emails every time you pass a laptop/computer.
Seriously, all the best for a speedy visa!!!
Hahaha that's hilarious. Did my WHV in Australian 2003-4 and have been plotting my return ever since. I could probably recite the immig.gov.au website verbatim. Been over here in NZ biding my time ever since (MUCH MUCH easier to get PR in NZ than Australia). Didn't have enough points to qualify til they changed the sponsorship rules at the end of last year and have been running like mad to get my application in since then. What's your timeline been Babsw?
Old Apr 4th 2008, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

I'd never hear of of this business of capped visa quotas. Marvellous! Yet another hurdle to climb over! Perhaps parachuting into Papua New Guinea and kayaking into Cape Tribulation is an easier way of getting into Australia

Found this: "The quota of General Skilled migration visas will be increased by 6,000, allowing more skilled workers in as permanent migrants in industries where there is a labour shortage. From 2008, this means 108,500 people will move to Australia on this visa."

Surely many, many more than that apply? Is this something we have to worry about?
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:28 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
I'd never hear of of this business of capped visa quotas. Marvellous! Yet another hurdle to climb over! Perhaps parachuting into Papua New Guinea and kayaking into Cape Tribulation is an easier way of getting into Australia

Found this: "The quota of General Skilled migration visas will be increased by 6,000, allowing more skilled workers in as permanent migrants in industries where there is a labour shortage. From 2008, this means 108,500 people will move to Australia on this visa."

Surely many, many more than that apply? Is this something we have to worry about?
No, because they don't reject you just because the quota is full. There is always a slow-down in the issuing of skills visa in the last couple of weeks of the Aus financial year, but they just hold over the visa grants until the new year (1st July).
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

strangers4me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No, because they don't reject you just because the quota is full. There is always a slow-down in the issuing of skills visa in the last couple of weeks of the Aus financial year, but they just hold over the visa grants until the new year (1st July).

Hi Pollyana is that true or just a rumor that quota is full for this finicial year bec. i am waiting from MAY 2007 for my visa and if quota is full i have to wait for next 2months.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Hahaha that's hilarious. Did my WHV in Australian 2003-4 and have been plotting my return ever since. I could probably recite the immig.gov.au website verbatim. Been over here in NZ biding my time ever since (MUCH MUCH easier to get PR in NZ than Australia). Didn't have enough points to qualify til they changed the sponsorship rules at the end of last year and have been running like mad to get my application in since then. What's your timeline been Babsw?
Quite long but normal i reckon, we applied for TRA and got it in March 2007, visa application went in June 2007, ack. Sept.2007 then long wait for CO end of Jan. Meds done Feb 8 2008(PCC done nov 2007) and just keeping fingers crossed now for visa soon.Hoping to move brisbane way early next year.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

brissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Babsw
Quite long but normal i reckon, we applied for TRA and got it in March 2007, visa application went in June 2007, ack. Sept.2007 then long wait for CO end of Jan. Meds done Feb 8 2008(PCC done nov 2007) and just keeping fingers crossed now for visa soon.Hoping to move brisbane way early next year.
Im waiting on a spouse visa of a nz citizen meds are all sent as are my police checks. Im hoping to go in the middle of July, or am I being too optimistic??
Old Apr 4th 2008, 3:10 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Where did you read this?
Old Apr 6th 2008, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mary1967
Where did you read this?
Hi Mary,

I googled "General Skilled Migration Visa quota" after reading on this website about it, found it on some random immigration lawyers website. Doesn't sound like anything we need to worry about.

Wow Babs 7 months waiting for CO....I am going to keep myself sane just reminding myself that in the grand scheme of things, the time we spend waiting for our visas is not that long, and I imagine the feeling when you finally get that stamp in your passport eradicates all the wall-climbing misery that precedes it!

Looking at /www.beupdate.co.uk - unless people aren't updating the spreadsheet, just going by the automated email for when you are going to get assigned a CO is completely inaccurate....

Is anyone on here waiting for a 176 skilled sponsored? Any issues with the sponsorship side of things or is it quite straightforward?

Last edited by maroonedNZ; Apr 6th 2008 at 11:27 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 3:09 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by strangers4me
Hi Pollyana is that true or just a rumor that quota is full for this finicial year bec. i am waiting from MAY 2007 for my visa and if quota is full i have to wait for next 2months.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=526811

As you will see from this thread, a couple of well-respected agents have agreed that this is just a rumour with no substance to it.
The quotas for this year for skills visas are NOT full.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

rob1210 is an unknown quantity at this point

MaroonedNZ,

I am in the process of awaiting a CO for my 176 Visa. I applied on-line with the Victorian Government and had abosolutely no problems in obtaining my sponsorship. They were very quick and helpful right from the start. It does take a little while to get the on-line form done but you can save the application as you are going along. The only problem I had is that they didn't send me my acceptance email as they thought I was using an agent. A quick phone call got my email sent within the hour.

I did find something a bit strange though, I had an email from the Vic Gov saying that the sponsorship will run out soon so I called the Visa processing guys they said dont worry if the sponsorship runs out as they only needed to know that it had been issued. I then phoned the Vic Gov (being paranoid) and they said thanks for letting us know we will send the Visa processing people a form for them to fill out. Still not 100% sure what the process is though but always good to chase everyone I have found.

I now have had my skills assessed under the ACS (Australian Computer Society) and as I said am now just waitin for my CO.

I applied for my Visa on-line in December 2007. My trade is IT Manager.

My brother is on a skilled Visa that is on the MODL list so he didnt have to do the whole state sponsorship business and he kept emailing to see when the date of CO was going to be and his was still way back then out of the blue he had a call from a CO saying he needed to go for his medicals. I have been told that the 'blank email' trick is only a rough guideline.

Rob
Old Apr 7th 2008, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by rob1210
MaroonedNZ,

I am in the process of awaiting a CO for my 176 Visa. I applied on-line with the Victorian Government and had abosolutely no problems in obtaining my sponsorship. They were very quick and helpful right from the start. It does take a little while to get the on-line form done but you can save the application as you are going along. The only problem I had is that they didn't send me my acceptance email as they thought I was using an agent. A quick phone call got my email sent within the hour.

I did find something a bit strange though, I had an email from the Vic Gov saying that the sponsorship will run out soon so I called the Visa processing guys they said dont worry if the sponsorship runs out as they only needed to know that it had been issued. I then phoned the Vic Gov (being paranoid) and they said thanks for letting us know we will send the Visa processing people a form for them to fill out. Still not 100% sure what the process is though but always good to chase everyone I have found.

I now have had my skills assessed under the ACS (Australian Computer Society) and as I said am now just waitin for my CO.

I applied for my Visa on-line in December 2007. My trade is IT Manager.

My brother is on a skilled Visa that is on the MODL list so he didnt have to do the whole state sponsorship business and he kept emailing to see when the date of CO was going to be and his was still way back then out of the blue he had a call from a CO saying he needed to go for his medicals. I have been told that the 'blank email' trick is only a rough guideline.

Rob
When did your brother apply Rob?
Old Apr 7th 2008, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

rob1210 is an unknown quantity at this point

My brother applied back in July 2007 but he did his via an agent which has put considerable time on top of his application wait times as everything has to go through the agent and back again whereas Im doing mine direct and it is a hell of a lot quicker but a bit nerv racking
Old Apr 7th 2008, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by rob1210
My brother applied back in July 2007 but he did his via an agent which has put considerable time on top of his application wait times as everything has to go through the agent and back again whereas Im doing mine direct and it is a hell of a lot quicker but a bit nerv racking
I know the feeling!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.