Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Old Jun 3rd 2013, 1:19 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Then you should be in good hands!

Best regards.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 6:40 am
Just Joined

Blueray is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

I have a question if anyone can help me please. While paying the 2nd VAC do we pay the current year increased VAC or the VAC at the time of the visa application?

Last edited by Blueray; Jun 6th 2013 at 6:45 am.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 6:43 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

The 2nd VAC is locked in at the rate pertaining when the visa application was lodged with DIAC - which is why at this time of year intending CP visa applicants are best advised to lodge their visa application before the start of the new program year (1st July), when VACs almost always increase.

Best regards.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Blueray is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much Alan. I have already applied this year but I was a little confused.
Old Jun 8th 2013, 3:18 am
Migration Agent

A quick note to say (as I always do at this time of year) that those who are contemplating lodging a Contributory Parent visa application should do so on or before the 30th of June to lock into the current Visa Application Charges: the second (and main) VAC is based on the scale of VACs payable when the visa application is lodged with DIAC.

The 2nd VAC for CP visa applications tends to increase by at least a couple of $'000 per applicant each year - it started at $25k when the visa was first introduced some 7 or 8 years ago. We're now at $42,220 per applicant.

To lodge a valid CP visa application all you need do is lodge forms 47PA and 40, and pay the first VAC.

For those contemplating lodging an application in time to lock in at the current scale of Charges, a migration agent's fee will probably be less than the anticipated increase in the 2nd VAC.

Best regards.
Old Jun 10th 2013, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Cynth is an unknown quantity at this point

I was rushing to finalise my mum's application for the offshore CPV (contributory parent) before fees increase in July but after reading this thread I am very confused.

My mum is 71 yo and would qualify for an onshore CAPV (contributory aged). It seems from this forum that CAPVs are currently being processed up to one year faster than CPVs?!?

She is in good health right now but I'm concerned she may get sick while waiting so I think my priority would be time over costs. She has come to Oz several times already and never had a "No further stay" condition placed on her tourist visa. Would a CAPV application be the best option in this case, even if she can only come for a next visit in September?
Old Jun 10th 2013, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

campervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond repute

I was about to ask if there was any way she could visit before the 1st July cost changes- would be a bit of a rush I suppose! but then she could have applied onshore with you able to support her through it. I haven't seen any reports that it's a quicker process onshore though - maybe someone else might confirm if that's the case . I believe it only takes 15 months or so anyway, & in the latest info on www.immi.gov.au/parents (read Booklet 3) they cite around 12 months for a Contributory PV, so it should be a fairly smooth process if the Balance of Family, Medical test etc is met.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 12:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by campervanfan
I was about to ask if there was any way she could visit before the 1st July cost changes- would be a bit of a rush I suppose! but then she could have applied onshore with you able to support her through it. I haven't seen any reports that it's a quicker process onshore though - maybe someone else might confirm if that's the case . I believe it only takes 15 months or so anyway, & in the latest info on www.immi.gov.au/parents (read Booklet 3) they cite around 12 months for a Contributory PV, so it should be a fairly smooth process if the Balance of Family, Medical test etc is met.
That would be the best option but it would be too stressful and virtually impossible for her to be ready with tourist visa, flight tickets and all necessary arrangements to stay for at least 6 months, and still arrive here before July.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 12:37 am
Just Joined

I was referring to a recent post by "tinaj" saying that her mother got the CPAV (onshore) in a total 7 weeks. That would be a big difference compared with 15 months for the CPV...

On the one hand, if I apply now I can lock in the fees and be "election-proof". On the other hand, if I want until she visits in September for the onshore application, the process can be faster and there is less risk of her presenting any health issues while waiting. Can't decide what is better.
Old Jun 11th 2013, 12:40 am
Migration Agent

Cynth

I recommend an offshore subclass 143 visa application: processing times for the offshore 143 and the onshore 864 are about the same.

See also the tracker for CP visa applications here: http://www.chireckles.com/cpv/tracker.php

Best regards.
Old Jun 12th 2013, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

campervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cynth
I was referring to a recent post by "tinaj" saying that her mother got the CPAV (onshore) in a total 7 weeks. That would be a big difference compared with 15 months for the CPV...

On the one hand, if I apply now I can lock in the fees and be "election-proof". On the other hand, if I want until she visits in September for the onshore application, the process can be faster and there is less risk of her presenting any health issues while waiting. Can't decide what is better.
oh you found it! I remembered later that I had seen a post but couldn't remember who...& I did ask the agents here about it & got no reply sounds like it's worth a try to me if she's coming over anyway- you can at least be in a position to try it out- let us know how it goes
Old Jun 13th 2013, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

scrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nice

Just wondering, so the exchange rates for paying your AUD fees are set twice a year (Jan & Jul). The EUR-AUD rate has dropped significantly in the past weeks so I'd imagine the rate come 1st July will be significantly better for them than the rate from 1st Jan. My parents are likely to get the request to pay their 2nd VAC soon. Can they wait till post Jul 1st to pay the fee?

On a similar note, is it possible for pay the exact AUD fee directly in AUD to Immigration in Australia rather than accepting the crappy Immigration defined exchange rates and paying from Europe?
Old Jun 13th 2013, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by scrudu
Just wondering, so the exchange rates for paying your AUD fees are set twice a year (Jan & Jul). The EUR-AUD rate has dropped significantly in the past weeks so I'd imagine the rate come 1st July will be significantly better for them than the rate from 1st Jan. My parents are likely to get the request to pay their 2nd VAC soon. Can they wait till post Jul 1st to pay the fee?

On a similar note, is it possible for pay the exact AUD fee directly in AUD to Immigration in Australia rather than accepting the crappy Immigration defined exchange rates and paying from Europe?
When they receive the request for the 2nd VAC they should get 28 days to pay it, so they should be OK for after 1st July.

Most people arrange to pay the 2nd VAC in Oz dollars by transferring the money to their offspring's account using HiFx or some other currency exchange company. The offspring then need to arrange a bank draft drawn on their bank to pay DIAC. Instructions are usually sent with the VAC request.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

scrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nice

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
When they receive the request for the 2nd VAC they should get 28 days to pay it, so they should be OK for after 1st July.

Most people arrange to pay the 2nd VAC in Oz dollars by transferring the money to their offspring's account using HiFx or some other currency exchange company. The offspring then need to arrange a bank draft drawn on their bank to pay DIAC. Instructions are usually sent with the VAC request.
Fantastic news! I thought you had to use the rates as per the Immi website which are dismal. Thanks so much!!
Old Jun 13th 2013, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

piramida is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
I have a question if anyone can help me please. I waiting for Parent visa Subclass 173. CO contact me in Feb. and I made Medical 18. Feb. I did not made online, I bought to Australian Embassy. I still waiting request for 2nd VAC. Please can anyone tell me if know will everybody get visa before 30. Jun, before and of financial year. How long time is maximum waiting period for Parent visa. Next mount will be exactly 18 mount from Acknowledged Date 19. January 2012. Thank you very much

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.