Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Old Mar 28th 2013, 1:55 am
Just Joined

Blueray is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Yesterday I received an email from Parent visa center stating they have registered my case yesterday and that they will be sending me the acknowledgement soon.
Thanks to all of you who posted replies.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 7:38 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Today I received another mail stating they have posted my acknowledgement. Do they send it by post or they send it through mail? Does anyone know about it? Postal services are so unreliable and if they communicate through postal services isn't it a matter to be worried about?
Old Mar 28th 2013, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Blueray
Today I received another mail stating they have posted my acknowledgement. Do they send it by post or they send it through mail? Does anyone know about it? Postal services are so unreliable and if they communicate through postal services isn't it a matter to be worried about?
If you gave an email address on your application then they will normally communicate by email with you. For some reason the acknowledgement of lodging the visa is usually sent by post, possibly because it includes a tax receipt. You should eventually receive your request for medicals and police checks by email.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

campervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contributory Aged Parent Visa progress

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
What visa subclasses, tinaj?

Best regards.
Hi Alan- with the super-speedy grant of Tinaj's mum's Parent visa, I just wondered if you are aware of any speeding-up of any of the Parent Visa categories? Or what might have influenced this timeline? Are there changes in the air at the PVC? Or in your opinion (or any other agents/knowledgable contributors around here) was this a fluke?

It would be useful to know if anyone is aware/has insider knowledge that would indicate a change in procedure.
Old Mar 30th 2013, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Thanks Deveandlinda for your reply. Now I have understood, however, I have written a mail to DIAC requesting them to communicate me through email.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

Green Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really nice

Hi. My parents applied for a 143 parent visa in April 2012. They were told then by their agent that the wait was 15 months, around 13 months wait time and 2 months processing time. They had hoped to have a case officer appointed around now.

They have just been told that the 143 visa grants for 2012/13 are full and that no more processing will occur until July 13 and their period from application to grant might be 2 years from their April 12 date of application.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct or have had similar recent experience of this.

Thanks
GG
Old Apr 13th 2013, 7:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Green Grass
Hi. My parents applied for a 143 parent visa in April 2012. They were told then by their agent that the wait was 15 months, around 13 months wait time and 2 months processing time. They had hoped to have a case officer appointed around now.

They have just been told that the 143 visa grants for 2012/13 are full and that no more processing will occur until July 13 and their period from application to grant might be 2 years from their April 12 date of application.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct or have had similar recent experience of this.

Thanks
GG
At this point in the year it is quite likely that the quota is full for the year, yes. All that means is that processing continues but no visas are granted in that class, they sit on a pile ready for grant when the next year's quota opens in July
Old Apr 14th 2013, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Green Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
At this point in the year it is quite likely that the quota is full for the year, yes. All that means is that processing continues but no visas are granted in that class, they sit on a pile ready for grant when the next year's quota opens in July
Thanks Pollyana. Your guidance cheered my mother up
Old Apr 15th 2013, 12:58 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

I have just checked with the Parent Visa Centre and the 2012/13 quota for subclass 143 visas is not filled, and has a way to go before it is.

Best regards.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 4:59 am
Just Joined

BulimbaBob is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Adam that's good to hear, I was told by my agent to be prepared for my medical around November with police checks in January.
My acknowledgement was in February.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 5:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I have just checked with the Parent Visa Centre and the 2012/13 quota for subclass 143 visas is not filled, and has a way to go before it is.

Best regards.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Best regards.
That's great Alan, thanks. Think my mother needs to change her agent who told her otherwise!
Old Apr 15th 2013, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

scrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nice

So my parents applied for a CPV143 visa about 2 years ago as 5 of their 6 kids are living in Oz now. They've just been assigned a CO who wants their medicals/police checks in the next 28 days which is stressing them out no end (no idea why their UK agent didn't warn them it'd happen like this!!). They're having a bit of a panic about the thoughts of having to pay out the $90K so soon, and are having a case of seriously cold feet.

I know it's usually the other way around, but is it possible at this stage to convert their application from a 143 to a 173 so they could delay the payment of the $90k and take a year or two living here to decide if they want to stay? Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 12:23 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's usually the other way around, but is it possible at this stage to convert their application from a 143 to a 173 so they could delay the payment of the $90k and take a year or two living here to decide if they want to stay? Any advice would be appreciated.

=> No, not possible I'm afraid.

Best regards.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

scrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nicescrudu is just really nice

=> No, not possible I'm afraid.

Best regards.
Thanks for the advice Alan. Not the news that I wanted, but good to know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.