Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Old Jul 3rd 2011, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

durhamlad is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Its fingers crossed time for as as we have some people very interested in our home who are coming for a second look around tomorrow.
So if all goes ok we will have to start getting quotes from various removal companies.
We are taking a folding trailer tent and our household possessions so are looking for advice on which companies to obtain quotes from.

David
Old Jul 6th 2011, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

jtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Good luck with the viewing David.

We had one last Thursday and they put in an offer the next day without a second visit and very close to the asking price. Now its the nail biting time till contracts are signed etc....... We had about 9 viewings in all over a 6 week period.

Its so frustrating when you are this close but still that final hurdle to go.

We got 3 estimates done about a couple of months ago and chose PSS (Pickford and Masons were the other 2) Not much between them but we liked the guy who came out for the estimate, they're local and my daughter and her husband used them for her move 6 years ago and was impressed with their efficiency.

Just the insurance form to do then we can have everything in place ready to move as soon as we have a completion day.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

durhamlad is on a distinguished road

jtct
Thanks for the message and hope all goes ok for you.
We had a viewing last Thursday and a cash offer of our asking price on the Friday if we took our house off the market, which we agreed to, but on Monday the offer was withdrawn so our house is back on the market.

David
Old Jul 7th 2011, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Hi David

We went with John Mason, who are about middle of the road as far as price is concerned. They moved our daughter over and she was quite happy. We were impressed with the packing up, but out stuff is still on the high seas, so don't know about this end yet.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

jtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to behold

Hi David

So sorry your prospective buyer has let you down - that's horrible. I know nothing is certain until contracts are signed but this sort of dishonesty appals me. Hope you find a new buyer soon. Still worth checking out shippers and getting estimates while you wait.

Jane & Clive
Old Jul 10th 2011, 7:37 am
Just Joined

mavinaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone
I was just wondering if any of you who have case officers were originally contacted via email rather than letter? I am just aware that sometimes things go in my spam and would be interested to know,
Thankyou
Marian
Old Jul 10th 2011, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mavinaus
Hi everyone
I was just wondering if any of you who have case officers were originally contacted via email rather than letter? I am just aware that sometimes things go in my spam and would be interested to know,
Thankyou
Marian
Yes, you will normally be contacted by email as that is their preferred method of communication. Everything was done by email in our case, apart from the letter of acknowledgement of receiving the application, which came by post,
Old Jul 11th 2011, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

allanandros is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks! We now have our visas. Things happened so quickly. Second VAC paid 29 June and visa granted 8 July. Our house is sold - Scottish conveyancing dos not seem to leave so much to chance. Sorry to her about folks disappointments.
All our stuff is containered and stored at present with Dorree Bonner. We were just waiting confirmation of visas before we could actually ship. Flights out 2 September. We will arrive 4 September on our youngest grandson's birthday - perfect! Allan and Ros
Old Jul 12th 2011, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by allanandros
Hi folks! We now have our visas. Things happened so quickly. Second VAC paid 29 June and visa granted 8 July. Our house is sold - Scottish conveyancing dos not seem to leave so much to chance. Sorry to her about folks disappointments.
All our stuff is containered and stored at present with Dorree Bonner. We were just waiting confirmation of visas before we could actually ship. Flights out 2 September. We will arrive 4 September on our youngest grandson's birthday - perfect! Allan and Ros
Congratulations. Not long till you can start your new life in Oz.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by allanandros
CONGRATULATIONS
Glad it all went so smoothly for you - not long now! Wish we had the same conveyancing system down south! Hopefully, if all goes to plan we won't be too far behind you - hoping to be on our way by end Sept/October at the earliest. Sadly we'll miss our eldest granddaughter's birthday (and SIL) at the end of August but at least we'll be with them for Christmas!

Last edited by jtct; Jul 12th 2011 at 10:16 am.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 1:03 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light
Default Contributionary parent visa delays/prcessing times...

Does anyone have any information about announced delays..?? My parents have said they have been told.." their visa will now not be looked at/processed now for at least 12 months.." ????

Corker
Old Jul 14th 2011, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Contributionary parent visa delays/prcessing times...

[QUOTE=CORKER;9493004]Does anyone have any information about announced delays..?? My parents have said they have been told.." their visa will now not be looked at/processed now for at least 12 months.." ????

Corker [/QUOTE

Hi
When did your parents put in their application? The normal waiting time for a CO for the CPV was around 15 months and this recently came down to around 12 months. The time started to get shorter because some parents had pulled out I think due to the economic situation.

You can get an idea of processing times here:

http://www.chireckles.com/cpv/tracker.php

which should give you an idea of how long it has been taking.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

campervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

hi everyone- I'm a brand new poster on here- have been busily catching up on lots of valuable tips & info while familiarising myself & would love to ask a couple of questions now if anyone can help..... have booked a holiday to visit my daughter over Christmas as we did last year- cant wait!!! but since I ordered the ETA's I have sorted out my son's Citizenship by Descent & he now has that plus an Aussies passport. Should I cancel the ETA I ordered for him(he is a minor) or will it simply be surplus to requirements? Additionally( & this is the big query) my plan is to eventuallly apply for a CPV when my daughter gets her PR- (she has been in Oz for 14 months, initially on a WHV ,now on employer-sponsored 457 so I gather she has to wait a little while either to request PR through her employer or independently- she's currently trying to work out the best/quickest way) In order for me to pass the BoF test my youngest needs to be onshore with me as I have 2 other adult children in UK- but cannot be there without me as he is a minor. would I be allowed to apply onshore???? any comments/observations gratefully received!
Old Jul 15th 2011, 8:11 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by campervanfan
hi everyone- I'm a brand new poster on here- have been busily catching up on lots of valuable tips & info while familiarising myself & would love to ask a couple of questions now if anyone can help..... have booked a holiday to visit my daughter over Christmas as we did last year- cant wait!!! but since I ordered the ETA's I have sorted out my son's Citizenship by Descent & he now has that plus an Aussies passport. Should I cancel the ETA I ordered for him(he is a minor) or will it simply be surplus to requirements? Additionally( & this is the big query) my plan is to eventuallly apply for a CPV when my daughter gets her PR- (she has been in Oz for 14 months, initially on a WHV ,now on employer-sponsored 457 so I gather she has to wait a little while either to request PR through her employer or independently- she's currently trying to work out the best/quickest way) In order for me to pass the BoF test my youngest needs to be onshore with me as I have 2 other adult children in UK- but cannot be there without me as he is a minor. would I be allowed to apply onshore???? any comments/observations gratefully received!
Welcome to BE

Not sure about the ETA and passport issue. I would guess the passport superceeds any ETA?

Sorry but I'm not sure what you mean about the CPV and balance of family regarding your son who is a minor? Balance of family means that you need 50% (or more) children living and settled in Aus and 50% of children elsewhere in the world. So if you have 3 children two need to live here in Aus and the other child elsewhere or if you have 4 children, two need to be settled in Aus and the other two living and settled elsewere. I believe they need to be old enough to not be dependant on you i.e.not a minor - not sure but I'm sure someone else will let us know.

Here is some info that might help http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sh...y_parent.htm#g

And here http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/fami...e-family.htm#a

Good luck

Last edited by sonlymewalter; Jul 15th 2011 at 8:14 am.
Old Jul 15th 2011, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

campervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond repute

oooh that sounds a bit worrying! I thought that as long as 2 of my children were onshore & given that my youngest is entitled to residence at any time since he has an Australian passport I might be in a position to prove BoF while I'm onshore with him- I've read booklet 3 & cant see anything about him needing to be an independent adult- I've also twice e-mailed DIAC & had no reply after 2 weeks with this query. thanks for your input though- I will follow up your suggestions......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.