Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Old Aug 27th 2011, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

KatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really nice
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
Hi

I think you will probably be entitled to the Seniors Card which is issued by the state. Permanent residents over 60 get this in WA.

Here' the link:

http://www.seniorscard.com.au/

This gives you discounts of various things and here in WA you get free bus travel. I think what you are entitiled to varies in each state. There is also the Commonwealth Seniors card, but you need to be 65 and in Australia for 2 years before you can have this.

Thank you Dave and Linda,
I clicked on the link and filled in the form .Hoping for an early reply. Every little helps at this stage.

Floss
Old Aug 29th 2011, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

SharonBeckett is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Hi, Sorry, can't help with any queries but was just wondering if someone could help with mine. We already have a 176 visa to move to Oz but my mum and dad are in the process of getting a CPV 143. They have just got a CO but are now wondering if they can afford the move. Can anyone confirm that they are eligible for Medicare as soon as they arrive? I assume you get something for the £60,000 it is costing! Also, does anyone know how well-off the person offering AoS has to be?? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

framboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really nice

We have been on this forum for sometime now, and in the early days of our journey we used to ask several questions. Our history, we applied for 143 visa after 1 of our 2 daughters had been in Australia for 2 years, (settled) at the time about 18 month wait for a visa, according to Steve's brilliant tracker site. 9 months later we put the Bungalow up for sale, everyone said you will easily sell that. 17 months after applying we get visa with not too many problems, we are 59 and 57 with no real health problems. But, property not sold, it takes a further 5 months to sell after many price reductions, and a further 3 months to exchange and complete. But at last we are there, we exchanged contracts on the 22/8, we have Pickfords in on 6th and 7th of September, complete and fly on 8th. Could not go sooner as found Pickfords and another company fully booked at this time of year!!! We have found the whole process very stressful, with many sleepless nights, very expensive with the exchange rate going down. One tip for anyone trying to find the money for visa when not sold, we asked for money from Building Society for a conservatory and new windows, and they just gave it to us!! But after all this we now look forward to the rest of our lives in Busselton, Western Australia, with our Daughter, Son in Law and 2 grandsons, 7 and 2. I am in the construction industry as a site manager, and have seen one job advertised at approx £30 per hour!! so hope to get work and show Aussies how to build. I have found this site and many of the contributers, Sir Matt, Lez, Sandch and Fiz to be a great help during the journey, thanks to everyone. Will keep reading the posts, reply if I can help, and will update on the performance of removals and getting work. Bye for now, Steve and Aileen
Old Aug 30th 2011, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SharonBeckett
Hi, Sorry, can't help with any queries but was just wondering if someone could help with mine. We already have a 176 visa to move to Oz but my mum and dad are in the process of getting a CPV 143. They have just got a CO but are now wondering if they can afford the move. Can anyone confirm that they are eligible for Medicare as soon as they arrive? I assume you get something for the £60,000 it is costing! Also, does anyone know how well-off the person offering AoS has to be?? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Hi - If you click on this link:

http://www.chireckles.com/cpv/tracker.php

then click on Assurance of Support on the left hand side and then click on Minimum Income requirements, this should give you the figures.

With regard to Medicare, yes your parents will be eligible, but it doesn't cover everything such as dental, physio, ambulance and so on so most people take out a top up private health insurance to cover the gap.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

johnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to all

Emailed the parents centre asking where I was on the list as others applicants with later acknowledgement date already had case officer.

Reply this morning. No explanation (or apology) but a case officer appointed.
Go figure!

Didn't know whether to be annoyed or pleased - the latter won.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

SteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnemo
Emailed the parents centre asking where I was on the list as others applicants with later acknowledgement date already had case officer.

Go figure!

Thanks for this. So going by your acknowledgement date of 21 june 2010, we're looking at around 14 months for a CO these days. I thought it had gone down further than that, but at least there's some movement.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 11:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnemo

Go figure!

They don't need to explain and the fact that others behind you in the 'queue' have heard from their CO is irrelevant to be honest so you picked the right emotion. Good luck with the rest of it.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 1:24 am
Just Joined

etzzgs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I recently applied for my mum's CPV 143 and I've just received the letter acknowledging receipt of the application. The letter stated that case officers are currently being allocated to applications lodged on 22 June 2011.

I thought that surely had to be a mistake so I emailed immi but they confirmed that date. I would've thought judging by everyone's experience here it would take a year for allocations but hey, that's what they said. Truth be told, I still have my doubts but hey...who knows!
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

SteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by etzzgs
Hi all,

I recently applied for my mum's CPV 143 and I've just received the letter acknowledging receipt of the application. The letter stated that case officers are currently being allocated to applications lodged on 22 June 2011.

I thought that surely had to be a mistake so I emailed immi but they confirmed that date. I would've thought judging by everyone's experience here it would take a year for allocations but hey, that's what they said. Truth be told, I still have my doubts but hey...who knows!
There must be some mistake here! My acknowledgement date is 2 Feb 2011 and no sign of a CO. Maybe he meant june 2010? If anyone has any further info that would be really useful.
Old Sep 5th 2011, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

ABB1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

I'm hoping to sponsor my parents under contributory parent visa in this November. However my husband has previously sponsored ( year ago) his own brother who studies here in Australia to get his PR since he was lacking few PR points. He hasn't got his PR visa yet.

Could this be a disadvantage to sponsor my parents since my husband has already sponsored his brother??

Thanx
Old Sep 5th 2011, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

No, I don't think it would be a problem. You will be sponsoring your parents, not your husband. When you say previously, how long ago was this? The sponsor undertakes to provide assistance for a period of 2 years.
Old Sep 5th 2011, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

ABB1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
No, I don't think it would be a problem. You will be sponsoring your parents, not your husband. When you say previously, how long ago was this? The sponsor undertakes to provide assistance for a period of 2 years.
Hi

Thanx for this. My husband sponsored his brother 1 year ago and didn't pay any assurance bond since he was a uni student here in Australia
Old Sep 6th 2011, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

They just look at your household to see whether you would be able to offer support and accommodation for them all for 2 years. By the time a CO is appointed for your parents, the 2 year obligation for his brother will have passed.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 3:29 am
Banned

canadian1021 is an unknown quantity at this point

just curious, to provide an assurance of support to parents, what is the minimum income level for this year? centre link does not state on its website. is it around 35000 aud$?
Old Sep 6th 2011, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Have a look here:

http://www.chireckles.com/cpv/tracker.php#AOS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.