Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Old Apr 7th 2011, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

SteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond reputeSteveDW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Thanks for the info on time limits.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

happyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to all
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Originally Posted by eddie007
FYI... The Grey Nomads have their Case Officer... Sounds like a nice young lady, she's certainly keeping them up to date...

We went to commonwealth bank yesterday and paid them $150 for the pleasue of having them take our $14,000 ... Then handed over $14,000 And we are sending kevin to perf on monday to hand over the docs from the bank to the nice centrelink lady who we saw on Tuesday...

Nice young lady CO is ay til the 6th April...

Any idea how long they take from here on in???

their medicals have been refered to a Commonwealth Medical person... Is that a bad sign???

Eds
Xxx
Just wondering. So does that mean that you have to pay the $14000 before the medicals and police checks? cheers
Old Apr 8th 2011, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

happyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to all

I have just realised I have another question which I was hoping someone might have advice on. I am down as the Assurer of Support but have not earned much this financial year and will be the same next year as we just had a baby and I am on maternity leave. My partner is still earning. Will they count his income as mine too? Will they count my baby payment (which is available to all Au residents) as a benefit meaning I am no longer eligible to sponsor?

It all gets very complicated. I think I have to tell them we had a baby too.

Any answers will be very gratefully received.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 4:37 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happyscot
I have just realised I have another question which I was hoping someone might have advice on. I am down as the Assurer of Support but have not earned much this financial year and will be the same next year as we just had a baby and I am on maternity leave. My partner is still earning. Will they count his income as mine too? Will they count my baby payment (which is available to all Au residents) as a benefit meaning I am no longer eligible to sponsor?

It all gets very complicated. I think I have to tell them we had a baby too.

Any answers will be very gratefully received.
Here is some info from the centrelink web site regarding assurance of support . This document is available in full from the site:

The level of income you must have will depend on:
• the number of people in your immediate family
• the number of adults you are seeking to assure, and
• whether there are any other Assurers (i.e. you are giving a joint Assurance of Support).
The minimum amount of income you must demonstrate is based on the annual rate of Newstart Allowance
and, if you have dependent children, Family Tax Benefit (Part A). This is then increased according to the number
of dependent children you have and the number of adults who will be covered by the Assurance of Support.
If you are already an assurer for somebody else the income threshold will be increased to reflect your
commitments under the existing Assurance of Support. The income threshold is reviewed annually in line
with the Consumer Price Index (CPI). Centrelink can tell you what the current threshold is.

It is possible for up to 3 people to jointly lodge an Assurance of Support. If you intend to jointly lodge an
Assurance of Support, each assurer must complete a separate application. Each assurer will be jointly and
severally liable for any debts that arise as a result of Centrelink payments made to any person covered by
the Assurance of Support. This means that each assurer is liable to repay the full amount of the debt. Centrelink
will use its recovery powers under the Social Security Act 1991 to recover from any assurer until the debt
is repaid.

Here is the link to the Centerlink page you need to check out http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...orms/su594.htm
Old Apr 8th 2011, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Here is some info from the centrelink web site regarding assurance of support . This document is available in full from the site:

The level of income you must have will depend on:
• the number of people in your immediate family
• the number of adults you are seeking to assure, and
• whether there are any other Assurers (i.e. you are giving a joint Assurance of Support).
The minimum amount of income you must demonstrate is based on the annual rate of Newstart Allowance
and, if you have dependent children, Family Tax Benefit (Part A). This is then increased according to the number
of dependent children you have and the number of adults who will be covered by the Assurance of Support.
If you are already an assurer for somebody else the income threshold will be increased to reflect your
commitments under the existing Assurance of Support. The income threshold is reviewed annually in line
with the Consumer Price Index (CPI). Centrelink can tell you what the current threshold is.

It is possible for up to 3 people to jointly lodge an Assurance of Support. If you intend to jointly lodge an
Assurance of Support, each assurer must complete a separate application. Each assurer will be jointly and
severally liable for any debts that arise as a result of Centrelink payments made to any person covered by
the Assurance of Support. This means that each assurer is liable to repay the full amount of the debt. Centrelink
will use its recovery powers under the Social Security Act 1991 to recover from any assurer until the debt
is repaid.

Here is the link to the Centerlink page you need to check out http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...orms/su594.htm
Wow. Thanks very much.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

[QUOTE=happyscot;9292812]Just wondering. So does that mean that you have to pay the $14000 before the medicals and police checks? cheers[/QUOTE

You will only be asked to pay the AOS and then the final VAC if all the other conditions are met, ie if parents pass the medical and police checks are OK.
Old Apr 9th 2011, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=DaveandLinda;9293823]
Just wondering. So does that mean that you have to pay the $14000 before the medicals and police checks? cheers[/QUOTE

You will only be asked to pay the AOS and then the final VAC if all the other conditions are met, ie if parents pass the medical and police checks are OK.
thanks
Old Apr 9th 2011, 10:01 am
Just Joined

chrisandangela is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Thanks everyone for a very interesting thread. This is something we're looking into.
Chris
Old Apr 9th 2011, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

durhamlad is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=DaveandLinda;9293823]
Just wondering. So does that mean that you have to pay the $14000 before the medicals and police checks? cheers[/QUOTE

Not true in our case, our AOS money was requested to be paid a few weeks ago at the same time as the police checks and our medicals were being done and we still do not have the results of our medicals. If we fail the medicals or for any reason we do not receive the visa then the AOS money is refunded.
David
Old Apr 10th 2011, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=durhamlad;9295299]
Originally Posted by DaveandLinda

Not true in our case, our AOS money was requested to be paid a few weeks ago at the same time as the police checks and our medicals were being done and we still do not have the results of our medicals. If we fail the medicals or for any reason we do not receive the visa then the AOS money is refunded.
David
good to know. thanks
Old Apr 20th 2011, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

dipenpatel123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont know if this question is asked here before or not.. but you can give some information on what are the benefits available to parents coming on CPV aged 60 and 56 in Australia. Since I was thinking with $80,000 in visa fees, they can live luxurious life in India, then Australia if I apply for that. And in more over they may not stay here if they dont like here or even they stay 3-6 months in australia and rest in India. So I am just better off taking tourist visa every year or CPV is still better.

If you share your thoughts it will be great...
Old Apr 20th 2011, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dipenpatel123
I dont know if this question is asked here before or not.. but you can give some information on what are the benefits available to parents coming on CPV aged 60 and 56 in Australia. Since I was thinking with $80,000 in visa fees, they can live luxurious life in India, then Australia if I apply for that. And in more over they may not stay here if they dont like here or even they stay 3-6 months in australia and rest in India. So I am just better off taking tourist visa every year or CPV is still better.

If you share your thoughts it will be great...
It all depends. How often would your parents travel to Australia? You need to think about the cost of air fares every year. Also they are reasonably young at the moment, but what about when they get much older and may not want to/be able to travel. The benefits of course are that they get to stay in Australia as permanent residents and be near their family. However, you need to think about the cost of living. I do know of people whose parents have happily travelled to Australia every year, but then decided they were too old to make the long journey. Also it is often difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance for older people.

It's really a personal decision. They need to think about where they want to be when they are in their 80s.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

dipenpatel123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
It all depends. How often would your parents travel to Australia? You need to think about the cost of air fares every year. Also they are reasonably young at the moment, but what about when they get much older and may not want to/be able to travel. The benefits of course are that they get to stay in Australia as permanent residents and be near their family. However, you need to think about the cost of living. I do know of people whose parents have happily travelled to Australia every year, but then decided they were too old to make the long journey. Also it is often difficult to find reasonably priced travel insurance for older people.

It's really a personal decision. They need to think about where they want to be when they are in their 80s.
Thanks for the reply mates...
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

durhamlad is on a distinguished road

Can anyone point me in the right direction to previous post or have the information on how to pay the 2nd VAC in London as this is the cheapest option at the moment.

David
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by durhamlad
Can anyone point me in the right direction to previous post or have the information on how to pay the 2nd VAC in London as this is the cheapest option at the moment.

David
Hi here's some info I copied from a previous post which I saved for my own reference. I was also looking at this today - not that much in it at the moment. I had a look on the website and I think you can download the Mandate from there:

Have a look at dima_fees - Australian High Commission.

There is a procedure then for getting the receipt to Perth to let your CO know you have paid. sirmatt101 went through this and will I'm sure not mind providing a quick summary of the steps.

Hi, we paid our 2nd VAC in November 2009 through the London High Commission, they were not very experienced at it then, but I think they should be well up to speed by now!

You need to email them at london. and request a payment mandate, which they can either email or snail mail to you. I have an emailable copy if you pm me your email address. You need to fill in mandate with all details, especially file reference number, they only accept debit/credit card payments, or bankers draft, no personal cheques. The mandate then needs returned with copy of the payment request from your CO and a cover letter explaining what you are sending payment for. A copy of the receipt is required by your CO, or was in our case and he wouldn't accept a scanned copy or screen dump sent by the London HC!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.